Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion reject "final" Leicester bid for Ulloa

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
As has been said before. I wonder if the lack of activity in the transfer market is because we've known ulloa will be sold. With 6-7m potentially coming in our targets maybe somewhat different now as to what they were weeks ago??

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
As has been said before. I wonder if the lack of activity in the transfer market is because we've known ulloa will be sold. With 6-7m potentially coming in our targets maybe somewhat different now as to what they were weeks ago??

Or teams will think we now have money to spend and fleece us.

As long as we defend Ulloa then there I see no reason why people should be that worried by our lack of signings.

The truth is we have a decent squad - perhaps some on here still buy into the myth that this was heavily damaged by the Gus bust-up? Of course it wasn't. Oscar didnt have a great record in the transfer market but we got Ward who seems likley to be back soon and Oscar brought some decent youth players through - so we are not in bad shape still. With Oscar gone we also see the best of Kemy also. Toko looks useful work by the much maligned Burke.

Yes we need another 4 or 5 in but we have time for that, as long as the club hold firm with Ulloa.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
As long as we defend Ulloa then there I see no reason why people should be that worried by our lack of signings.

The truth is we have a decent squad - perhaps some on here still buy into the myth that this was heavily damaged by the Gus bust-up? Of course it wasn't. Oscar didnt have a great record in the transfer market but we got Ward who seems likley to be back soon and Oscar brought some decent youth players through - so we are not in bad shape still. With Oscar gone we also see the best of Kemy also. Toko looks useful work by the much maligned Burke.

Yes we need another 4 or 5 in but we have time for that, as long as the club hold firm with Ulloa.

Another good win tonight. But Dunky hobbled off, in the worst case scenario would you be comfortable with Maksimenko and Greer?

I think we have a squad with promise, but we need more than that. We need at least 2 before the start, and another 2 or 3 on top and that is assuming we keep Ulloa.

Well I'm intrigued that Sami is pairing Greer with Maxi - maybe that's another good player we havent used properly? Dunk we'll see if he's hurt. Certainly centre-back is one on the must list. Agree with your signing timescale OTM

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No. Signings need to be in soonest. All players need time to settle in.

All this cr@p being spoken about 1 or 2 in a week or so, 2 more even later, just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the seriousness of our plight. I estimate we need 6 or 7 players, the sooner the better (we should be well on the way by now). Of course, 1 or 2 may be promoted from DS, but there is way too much complacency on here.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No. Signings need to be in soonest. All players need time to settle in.

All this cr@p being spoken about 1 or 2 in a week or so, 2 more even later, just demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the seriousness of our plight. I estimate we need 6 or 7 players, the sooner the better (we should be well on the way by now). Of course, 1 or 2 may be promoted from DS, but there is way too much complacency on here.

I'm sure the club are on top of things, they are the professionals. It's not as easy as some people think to bring in new players.
All the moaning on here and twitter will achieve what?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure the club are on top of things, they are the professionals. It's not as easy as some people think to bring in new players.
All the moaning on here and twitter will achieve what?

It may not be easy but our club should be just about the easiest 'sell' outside the Prem. Plenty of clubs are signing new players in our division, some of those clubs are a far harder 'sell' than us. Admittedly the new players are of variable standard, but that means some are good signings as well as the obvious pony ones.

Hopefully, our failing recruitment machine will kick into life before it's too late.

I prefer the term constructive criticism rather than moaning. Perhaps the club will notice the general aura of dissatisfaction; here's hoping!

n0-sIs

Banned
Jul 1, 2014
most activity happens a week or two before the season starts.......as the auction game with agents starts to have a run down clock.

also many players probably want to "get out" of pre-season, so tell their agents to hold off a while - so they can travel / enjoy their families.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It may not be easy but our club should be just about the easiest 'sell' outside the Prem.
Of course we're not. Clubs with more money and a greater chance of promotion this year will be a much easier sell.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
Of course we're not. Clubs with more money and a greater chance of promotion this year will be a much easier sell.

Footballers are also quite dim sometimes and there's always the possibility of the unexpected like Glenn Murray's move to CPFC.

I'd rather live in Brighton than Middlesbrough though, even for a bit less dosh!

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Footballers are also quite dim sometimes and there's always the possibility of the unexpected like Glenn Murray's move to CPFC.

I'd rather live in Brighton than Middlesbrough though, even for a bit less dosh!

As would I, but our careers are completely different. Unless Middlesbrough was the national centre of excellence in what I do, I would only consider moving up there if I was married to an amazing bird from there who was so homesick it was threatening to end our marriage. Footballers I suspect have snap decisions to make given their relatively short footballing careers, so if a better offer (in terms of money and a higher placed club and increased international possibilities) is open to them, most will take it. Understandably so, but respect to those that don't.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
As would I, but our careers are completely different. Unless Middlesbrough was the national centre of excellence in what I do, I would only consider moving up there if I was married to an amazing bird from there who was so homesick it was threatening to end our marriage. Footballers I suspect have snap decisions to make given their relatively short footballing careers, so if a better offer (in terms of money and a higher placed club and increased international possibilities) is open to them, most will take it. Understandably so, but respect to those that don't.

You both seem to have overlooked the fact that, like most clubs and unlike Leeds, Middlesborough do not require their players to live within spitting distance of the ground. Newcastle to the north is less than an hour away.

most activity happens a week or two before the season starts.......as the auction game with agents starts to have a run down clock.

also many players probably want to "get out" of pre-season, so tell their agents to hold off a while - so they can travel / enjoy their families.

You know that for a fact or is that just speculation? Any player that misses pre-season isn't going to be ready to hit the ground running when they join their new club! As for Ulloa, hasn't he been attending pre-season training then?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Totally ... it's all about money. Brighton might be a nice place and we get big crowds but if (insert name of shit northern town here) are going to pay more then they will generally be favourites

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Totally ... it's all about money. Brighton might be a nice place and we get big crowds but if (insert name of shit northern town here) are going to pay more then they will generally be favourites

I just gave you a thumbs down by mistake, please excuse my fat fingers.

albionite

May 20, 2009
As much as Leicester is a :shit: hole the countryside around it is pretty nice.

The amount the players earn they don't need to live in one of the slums in city centre. Living by the seaside doesn't seem to be a attraction to football players.

Money and level of football sells.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here