Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion reject "final" Leicester bid for Ulloa

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Perhaps we'll see. I would suggest Brentford signing looks pretty shrewd.

I agree. That's why I didn't include them in my comment. But you have to remember that we did the same thing when we came up. That pre season we bought CMS, Hoskins, Buckley, Harley, Vincelot who all cost money and KLL on loan which we made permanent. You do need to make a few signings when first promoted.

Bournemouth sound like they may be getting Gradel too, which would be a great signing. Along with Wilson, that would make up for losing Grabban.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It may not be easy but our club should be just about the easiest 'sell' outside the Prem. Plenty of clubs are signing new players in our division, some of those clubs are a far harder 'sell' than us. Admittedly the new players are of variable standard, but that means some are good signings as well as the obvious pony ones.

Hopefully, our failing recruitment machine will kick into life before it's too late.

I prefer the term constructive criticism rather than moaning. Perhaps the club will notice the general aura of dissatisfaction; here's hoping!

That's pretty deluded. As others have said, the clubs with parachute payments are the easiest 'sell' outside the Premier League. They have the most money, it's simple.

Also, how do you know our recruitment machine is failing? They presumably have a budget to work with and are working hard to get the best players.

As for constructive criticism, that's suggesting a solution. Other than throwing money at the problem and competing with clubs on parachute payments, you're not doing that so it's moaning. And it's constant (not just from you) and so boring. As Rookie says "What will it achieve?".

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Would you be really bothered about those things if you where a player?

I would imagine Money, chance of promotion, size of club would come first.

Money is our achilles heel no doubt. The other two we have covered (at least for now with 2 play-off spots and largest attendances outside Prem).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
That's pretty deluded. As others have said, the clubs with parachute payments are the easiest 'sell' outside the Premier League. They have the most money, it's simple.

Also, how do you know our recruitment machine is failing? They presumably have a budget to work with and are working hard to get the best players.

As for constructive criticism, that's suggesting a solution. Other than throwing money at the problem and competing with clubs on parachute payments, you're not doing that so it's moaning. And it's constant (not just from you) and so boring. As Rookie says "What will it achieve?".

Not deluded, merely pointing out that our player acquisition shortcomings are primarily as a result of:

1. our decision to not match competitive wages; and;
2. a recruitment team that seems unable to overcome point (1) now they are without the persuasive powers of someone like Gus

So who's fault is that? Personally, I think it is down to our beloved recruitment leader (DB) and his team - they knew the budget after all.

You also need to reassess your incorrect understanding of constructive criticism BTW. Solutions are a separate thing.

I've already explained why I think criticism is important but you chose to ignore that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Not deluded, merely pointing out that our player acquisition shortcomings are primarily as a result of:

1. our decision to not match competitive wages; and;
2. a recruitment team that seems unable to overcome point (1) now they are without the persuasive powers of someone like Gus

So who's fault is that? Personally, I think it is down to our beloved recruitment leader (DB) and his team - they knew the budget after all.

You also need to reassess your incorrect understanding of constructive criticism BTW. Solutions are a separate thing.

I've already explained why I think criticism is important but you chose to ignore that.

But until we see who we do get, you can't judge. Good players won't immediately sign for you unless you offer huge wages, which we won't obviously. Knowing the budget is one thing but translating that to immediate signings is another thing. I'm not saying that Burke is perfect, more that you don't really have evidence to slag him off in my view.

As for not being deluded, you said we should be the easiest sell in the Championship. That is clearly wrong.

Solutions may be different but constructive criticism is very different to moaning, which is clearly what you are doing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course we're not. Clubs with more money and a greater chance of promotion this year will be a much easier sell.

More money I'm not arguing with. But greater chance of promotion is not the same thing. See Burnley for a fine example.

That said it looks like we are about to spunk our chances of being competitive for the 3rd season running up the wall. Investing in just about everything except the first team seems a bit strange tho', so I'm still hopeful that we'll loosen the purse strings a bit and stop missing out to footballing giants like B'muff.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But until we see who we do get, you can't judge. Good players won't immediately sign for you unless you offer huge wages, which we won't obviously. Knowing the budget is one thing but translating that to immediate signings is another thing. I'm not saying that Burke is perfect, more that you don't really have evidence to slag him off in my view.

As for not being deluded, you said we should be the easiest sell in the Championship. That is clearly wrong.

Solutions may be different but constructive criticism is very different to moaning, which is clearly what you are doing.

One man's moaning is another's constructive criticism. You seem to lack a memory that goes back to our poor showing in the January transfer window. Enough evidence for me that DB and his cronies are failing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here