Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2 More Empty Seats for the Rest of the Season. Another Loyal Supporter Lost.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Just had a phonecall from a friends dad saying he had accidently taken my wallet instead of his 2 days ago and he has only just f***ing realised and phoned and told me. So panic over. Thanks a lot for all of your help guys. Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Hope the club isn't going the wrong way.

All abuse heading my way accepted.

I just laughed loudly. Good result.:thumbsup:

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
£10 would not be unreasonable. £25 is urine extraction.

My season ticket at Harlequins Rugby Club would cost £10 to replace, and the season ticket system there is far more open to abuse.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Just had a phonecall from a friends dad saying he had accidently taken my wallet instead of his 2 days ago and he has only just f***ing realised and phoned and told me. So panic over. Thanks a lot for all of your help guys. Still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Hope the club isn't going the wrong way.

If the money is in there than happy days, you would of spent that by now !

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

So did you not see HIS wallet lying around then?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I do find a fans perspective odd at times.

IF the club buy great players on high wages it's a good thing, problem is this is a one way road to bankruptcy.

IF the club try to buy good players, have a wage structure and charge for costs outside of their control, (i.e. lost season ticket) they are slated. It costs money to engage in conversation, get the information, send off said information to card manufacturer / printer and then buy and post said card, maybe not quite £25 but not far off I'd guess.

Seriously Brighton & Hove Albion FC IS a COMPANY, it has shareholders, it has financial responsibilities and it needs to make a profit, it also understands it has "customers" and needs to keep the majority of them happy also. This isn't a dream world it's the real world.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Mind bogglingly quick response from Paul Barber who had already copied in the ticket office people to his mail see if they could help further - just thanked him and told him false alarm. Big thumbs up for Paul B for professionalism and communication, though we don't agree all the time :)

Can't argue with that. Gets a lot of unfair stick and perhaps not enough credit for the good work he is doing.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember Graham Winstanley being a target for the boo boys... never seen the point of it myself.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So shall we change the title of this thread to "A whole lot of ranting about nothing", rather than it's current, over-dramatic name?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can't argue with that. Gets a lot of unfair stick and perhaps not enough credit for the good work he is doing.

Come on. All Barber did was forward on an email. Hardly "good work."

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
I do find a fans perspective odd at times.

IF the club buy great players on high wages it's a good thing, problem is this is a one way road to bankruptcy.

IF the club try to buy good players, have a wage structure and charge for costs outside of their control, (i.e. lost season ticket) they are slated. It costs money to engage in conversation, get the information, send off said information to card manufacturer / printer and then buy and post said card, maybe not quite £25 but not far off I'd guess.

Seriously Brighton & Hove Albion FC IS a COMPANY, it has shareholders, it has financial responsibilities and it needs to make a profit, it also understands it has "customers" and needs to keep the majority of them happy also. This isn't a dream world it's the real world.

Sorry disgree, as someone who has worked in this kind of industry the 25 pound charge is obscene! They buy the cards in bulk, it is literally a case of logging onto their system and re registering , takes about a minute and also remember its the customer who has to take more time to go in and get this done, i can see your argument regarding the club being a business but this charge is quite frankly taking the piss

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sorry disgree, as someone who has worked in this kind of industry the 25 pound charge is obscene! They buy the cards in bulk, it is literally a case of logging onto their system and re registering , takes about a minute and also remember its the customer who has to take more time to go in and get this done, i can see your argument regarding the club being a business but this charge is quite frankly taking the piss

It's a punitive money making charge....this is what pisses people off. If the club want to stop people taking the piss there are other ways.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
This from Paul Barber: coherently put. I can see his argument, especially with the caveat that if it is a genuine theft there should be no charge. Still don't agree though.

'Replacement fees are only payable if cards are lost. They are a valuable asset and must be cared for. Their loss causes various administrative and security issues for the club.

If we had to employ extra match day staff to cancel, replace, and re-set hundreds of cards per game - because it was free or very low cost to do - then our costs would rise substantially and all fans would end up paying more as these costs would have to be recovered. In my mind, that is not fair.

This fee system means that only those people who do not care for their cards pay. If the cards are stolen, and there's a verifiable crime number, the fee usually waived. As I said previously, since introduction, the number of cards lost or stolen has dropped dramatically.
We are becoming a very big club, John, attracting tens of thousands of fans every match. It is essential our ticketing policies and our work practices reflect this.'

westsussexseagulls

Sep 22, 2008
This from Paul Barber: coherently put. I can see his argument, especially with the caveat that if it is a genuine theft there should be no charge. Still don't agree though.

'Replacement fees are only payable if cards are lost. They are a valuable asset and must be cared for. Their loss causes various administrative and security issues for the club.

If we had to employ extra match day staff to cancel, replace, and re-set hundreds of cards per game - because it was free or very low cost to do - then our costs would rise substantially and all fans would end up paying more as these costs would have to be recovered. In my mind, that is not fair.

This fee system means that only those people who do not care for their cards pay. If the cards are stolen, and there's a verifiable crime number, the fee usually waived. As I said previously, since introduction, the number of cards lost or stolen has dropped dramatically.
We are becoming a very big club, John, attracting tens of thousands of fans every match. It is essential our ticketing policies and our work practices reflect this.'

Well then we all know what to do shall we 'lose' our cards!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
i left my sons season tik at home a few weeks ago,i was told it was a tenner to get a paper one done by a mate,
but i went in and they said no charge,very inconsistant

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here