Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New shirt next season

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
We've had a white away shirt before im sure.

For example...

adam_el-abd_355769.jpg

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
One things for certain , a multi million £ shirt sponsorship deal for next season.

This is where we'll see some of Barber's benefits.
Didn't he manage to get something like 25 new corporate deals for the Vancouver Whitecaps in the 2 years he was there?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

That is listed on Toffs as being an away shirt in the 70s, but we had white home shirts for a couple of seasons in that decade.
Not saying that was a home shirt though (collar is different).
It just slightly defeats the object in having an away shirt in one of the same colours as the home one.

Oct 11, 2005
London
That is listed on Toffs as being an away shirt in the 70s, but we had white home shirts for a couple of seasons in that decade.
Not saying that was a home shirt though (collar is different).
It just slightly defeats the object in having an away shirt in one of the same colours as the home one.

The art to good away kit design is to retain the club's identity as much as possible by not deviating away from the club colours. Obviously if handled badly the away kit ends up looking too similar to the home kit and becomes unusable ie. our INTER MILAN kit of the 90's. But if done properly you can build tremendous awareness and recognition, ie. England - distinctive for both red and white shirts. Argentina - blue and white stripes for home, and navy blue away.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
But the club can use any colour as an away shirt as the badge is an identity.

Oct 25, 2003
i'd like amex to be our shirt sponsors as well, like emirates do with arsenal....alternatively do amex have any cool subsidiary companies that could be our sponsor?

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
The art to good away kit design is to retain the club's identity as much as possible by not deviating away from the club colours. Obviously if handled badly the away kit ends up looking too similar to the home kit and becomes unusable ie. our INTER MILAN kit of the 90's. But if done properly you can build tremendous awareness and recognition, ie. England - distinctive for both red and white shirts. Argentina - blue and white stripes for home, and navy blue away.

Would that be the Engand that currently have a navy blue away kit?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Correct, they are 100% pure fantasy. Pretty certain we are with Errea for the foreseable future. As for Amex on the shirts, I don't think that will happen. Amex have their name all over the stadium, more likely to be a different nationwide/global brand, although I doubt they will be paying 5 x what we get at the moment, unless we are in the Premier League.

I did overhear someone connected with Amex say something along the lines of them being our shirt sponsor next year, so wouldn't rule it out...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Today, for the purposes of the media, it's mostly the advent of shirt sponsorship which gives a kit its identity.

For the supporters, a club's identity will have as its starting point the traditional colours of the home kit and the badge. The away kit's sporting purpose is to looking nothing like the home kit, while retaining its one piece of identity - its crest or badge.

Great playground use of caps too.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Seems that overall these shirts are a winner. I love 'em. Regarding the AMEX and American Express getting their name across worldwide. I had to watch the Leeds game in Cuba (bad holiday timing) and the commentator kept calling it 'Falmer' and never mentioned AMEX. Arsenal and Emerites come to mind as a joint shirt & ground sponsor.

Oct 11, 2005
London
Today, for the purposes of the media, it's mostly the advent of shirt sponsorship which gives a kit its identity.

For the supporters, a club's identity will have as its starting point the traditional colours of the home kit and the badge. The away kit's sporting purpose is to looking nothing like the home kit, while retaining its one piece of identity - its crest or badge.

Great playground use of caps too.

I disagree, but we tend to on most things so no worries there.

Didn't like the CAPS eh - you need to get a sense of humour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here