West Ham - worst team seen at the Amex so far.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
In my view. We gifted them a goal and before and after that they had nothing. I'd hate to have to watch that every week.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
They were awful, but the sad thing is they won, so its a bit silly slagging them off and saying ya dont wanna see that every week, as we ant won for a while now people slagging the club of, yet if we played like that and got a result we wouldnt be bothered i dont think as 3 points in the bag

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
we all thought that

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Can see your point to an extent, but they were disciplined well organised and will always score goals with their strikers and Nolan from midfield.

Not great to watch but effective.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
disciplined, organised, dull to watch. I'd rather lose to them like we did tonight than play like them every week.
Not sure why we kept putting the ball in the air through the centre of the park, they could defend that all day.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Worse thing we could have done was concede early doors to them.

The onus was on us then to break them down, which we never really looked like doing.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Do you know what? I'd rather lose than play like that. Their style of football is ugly, ours is beautiful. I enjoyed watching Brighton tonight and if they keep playing the way they did then we will be fine.

They were awful, but the sad thing is they won, so its a bit silly slagging them off and saying ya dont wanna see that every week, as we ant won for a while now people slagging the club of, yet if we played like that and got a result we wouldnt be bothered i dont think as 3 points in the bag

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What are you goons talking about? They had the sort of nous and know-how that we lack, they got the lead and they defended it. They were never troubled, and they are probably the best team in the league. Anyone who couldn't appreciate how well they stifled us as a team, and the game as a whole, needs to open their eyes, or learn a couple of things about football. They were by far the better team. Maybe not the better team to watch, but that's completely irrelevant if you lose.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I was very disappointed with West Ham but I suppose I shouldn't have been surprised given who their manager is.

BUT, Gus comes on the radio after the match saying how well we played, it was his fault Bridcutt gave the ball away (!) we had most possession, we only made one mistake, etc, etc really bugs me because we were poor tonight. We seem obsessed with possession, so much so that in the first minute we got caught out playing across our penalty area, didn't learn the lesson and got caught 15 minutes later when they scored. Fast forward 70 minutes and in the final few minutes what are we still doing....Noone to Painter, Painter to Dunk, Dunk to Greer, Greer to Bridcutt, Bridcutt to Painter, Painter to Noone...tackled and West Ham have the ball...meanwhile Buckley is 50 metres away waiting for a decent pass.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Do you know what? I'd rather lose than play like that. Their style of football is ugly, ours is beautiful. I enjoyed watching Brighton tonight and if they keep playing the way they did then we will be fine.

Just in case you had not realized, football is about winning matches, and this tippy tappy dago football ain't doing that this season. I really don't care how we play, just as long as we can go home with three points under our belt.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
what are you goons talking about? They had the sort of nous and know-how that we lack, they got the lead and they defended it. They were never troubled, and they are probably the best team in the league. Anyone who couldn't appreciate how well they stifled us as a team, and the game as a whole, needs to open their eyes, or learn a couple of things about football. They were by far the better team. Maybe not the better team to watch, but that's completely irrelevant if you lose.

this!

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Just in case you had not realized, football is about winning matches, and this tippy tappy dago football ain't doing that this season. I really don't care how we play, just as long as we can go home with three points under our belt.

Are you serious? Wow! If winning by any means is all that you care about then I despair. Hold on, this is a wind-up right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports