Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zola Leaves Watford

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
who has taken over short term?
one of the problems Zola zeemed to have was that he appeared to be something of a one man band with not much of a support team

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Watford are currently 8 points from the playoffs, how is that out of a promotion push? a couple of wins and it all changes. Can you be more short sighted?

Seriously! Seriously! I'll say it again - Watford are NOT CURRENTLY in a promotion push. NOT CURRENTLY.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
so are they just waiting for next year? The players just going to put their feet up and do nothing for the next 26 games because they can't get promoted? Wonder whether their fans will bother turning up to games for the dead rubbers.

FFS. The question was are Watford IN THE MIDDLE OF a promotion push. I say 'No'. In fact, at the moment, they are probably looking over their shoulders. Of course, things may change.

Aug 23, 2011
Seriously! Seriously! I'll say it again - Watford are NOT CURRENTLY in a promotion push. NOT CURRENTLY.

You are once again missing the point. The whole season is geared towards promotion for the top 12-15 clubs in the league. Therefore each team is in a promotion push until it is mathematically impossible regardless of their current form or league position. If you don't have the belief that you can win each game and something to aim for them it makes it all pointless. Ergo they are in a promotion push

Aug 23, 2011
FFS. The question was are Watford IN THE MIDDLE OF a promotion push. I say 'No'. In fact, at the moment, they are probably looking over their shoulders. Of course, things may change.

If Watford weren't in a promotion push then they wouldn't be worried about their results and so Zola could have continued to put things in place to change the results

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
their 'promotion push' wasn't going particularly well of late :shrug:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Aug 23, 2011
But, surely, they are CURRENTLY IN THE MIDDLE OF a promotion push!? :mad:???:whistle::wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Lack of understanding of the word currently!?

It is you being obtuse. It is all dependant on your point of reference, you are failing to see that. I know exactly what you mean unlike you to appear to. Answer this question: are Watford pushing for promotion this season? If your answer is yes then I rest my case :)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Currently, as in this season period, yes they are. How successful it is at the moment is a different matter but until its mathematically impossible then they are in.

Let me try another phrase. AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME Watford are NOT pushing for promotion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I keep seeing this thread and thinking "oh god, another one gone?!" then remember it's an old thread.

Aug 23, 2011
Let me try another phrase. AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME Watford are NOT pushing for promotion.

Ah but a moment is another vowed that could be misconstrued. In terms of the age of the world this moment in time could easily be a year. P.s. I can read you don't need to capitalise and if you hadn't worked it out I'm just messing about arguing for the sake of it as I was bored :)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At this moment in time, no team is pushing for promotion. We're 21 games into a 46 game season.

Some teams will have their season aim being 'avoid relegation'. Watford are not one of these.
Some teams will look for a season of consolidation. Watford are not one of these.
Some teams will be looking to see if they can get in the top half, maybe be within a shout of sneaking into the play offs as the season comes to an end. Watford are not one of these.
Some teams will be looking to finish in the top six, seeing that as a realistic, achievable target. Watford are one of these. Being where they are at the moment doesn't change that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here