Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zola Leaves Watford

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Is that a serious question, lack of football knowledge or just a dislike for WBA?

The latter!!!! :D

Only recently mind, I feel like the Chairman there has developed delusions of grandeur -Binning a manager off with the class of Steve Clarke is a real dick move. They let Megson and Robson get away with a lot worse for a lot longer!!!! I always believed they were a decent club with a decent board, but I'm disgusted by the way they've acted.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The latter!!!! :D

Only recently mind, I feel like the Chairman there has developed delusions of grandeur -Binning a manager off with the class of Steve Clarke is a real dick move. They let Megson and Robson get away with a lot worse for a lot longer!!!! I always believed they were a decent club with a decent board, but I'm disgusted by the way they've acted.

Fair play , tis is a very good reason :lol:

Aug 23, 2011
That is how you do it Gus, with a little bit of dignity. You should have asked your mate for advice before acting like a ****.

Not to stir this old stuff up again but if Gus had been allowed to resign in march like he is rumoured to have perhaps that is exactly what he would have said but don't let your agenda get in the way.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
WBA have always been a far bigger club than Watford in almost any way you can compare.

Apart from playing success in the 1980s. But that's about it.

Aug 23, 2011
That is how you do it Gus, with a little bit of dignity. You should have asked your mate for advice before acting like a ****.

Also how is on Saturday saying he didn't think he was the person to carry Watford forward much different from the hit the ceiling comments?

his other comment "There is always the next challenge and a new environment ahead which means nothing is ever the same."
doesn't sound like he'll be out of work long

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Not to stir this old stuff up again but if Gus had been allowed to resign in march like he is rumoured to have perhaps that is exactly what he would have said but don't let your agenda get in the way.

Gus wasn't a slave, he could have walked anytime he wanted to. Just like Zola did.

Aug 23, 2011
Gus wasn't a slave, he could have walked anytime he wanted to. Just like Zola did.

Yes that's true, I was just saying that he asked to leave and was told to stay to the end of the season and if he had left a lot of people will have the same bitterness despite what they say

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage

No agenda my friend, just think Gus could of gone about things a bit better, if he'd resigned and written an open letter along the same lines as Zola, he'd have gone and there wouldn't have been the uproar like we've had since.
Don't get me wrong I loved Gus when he was here, but the whole thing stinks.
But hey, the king is dead, long live the king.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here