Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zero chance of booze in the stands at Europe away games ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The throwing of the beer is pathetic. First goal I got some chucked over me, second goal I got hit by a cup. It didn’t hurt. But I can imagine if that had hit a young lad it might have scared him. Why do it, you pissed up turds? If it wasn’t for this I’d be perfectly fine with allowing beers in stadium but the 10% ruin it as always.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It was great, apart from the beer tasted like shit. At one point I thought it was non-alcoholic considering how watery it tasted however after several it clearly wasn’t.

Some right old grandads on here. If you are going to be annoyed by a little bit of beer luzzing after an 88th minute equaliser in our first European away game then I feel sad for you.

Enjoyed the lack of stewarding stood where we wanted have a lovely time watching the Albion. Hopefully more of the same in Amsterdam but I feel that’s unlikely.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Beer in the Marseille ground was awful, served in paper cups from a bizarre tiny hatch, not cold. Had one and decided that was it.
Funny. I remember being surprised at how good it was. Although that may have had something to do with the 43 I’d had before we got there. Which I am genuinely still paying for now. When did 48 hour hangovers become a thing?

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
Beer in the Marseille ground was awful, served in paper cups from a bizarre tiny hatch, not cold. Had one and decided that was it.
i agree, (although i did have a second!) this is not an experience to judge the merits of having a beer before, during and after the footie : decide after you have been to 3 or 4 or more matches in Germany : hopefully Ajax will be better

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Funny. I remember being surprised at how good it was. Although that may have had something to do with the 43 I’d had before we got there. Which I am genuinely still paying for now. When did 48 hour hangovers become a thing?

Those hangovers started from about the age of 35 for me!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Bloody hell you must have been pissed. It was awful.

What did make me laugh was a lady in her 50s after the game frustrated by the fact they only had beer and no wine and as such she hadn’t had a drink in 5 hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here