Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zero chance of booze in the stands at Europe away games ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Just watching the Bayern game and seeing loads of people in the stands getting the beers in ! Same with a lot of games in Europe.

I'm guessing the same courtesy is never extended to away fans?

Looks like Ajax won't even serve booze at half time in the concourse.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Often watch football in Germany and can drink in seat. Not sure about bottle tops though

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Have been to games in Italy before and had pints in the home end. Brilliant and nobody was chucking it etc.

The atmosphere in Italian stadiums is fantastic in my experience. The beer helps. As do the flares and other substances openly consumed.

Spurs fans were drinking beer in the stand at Marseille.

I thought France had a stadium booze ban. Sure it wasn't non-alcoholic beer?

A few years back I went to see Spain Ukraine in Seville and a group of Ukrainians a couple of rows in front of us were smashing back the pints. Not sure they knew it was 0% lager.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Spurs fans were drinking beer in the stand at Marseille.
If you mean the video posted on here yesterday the person filming is drinking from a white cup but we can’t see what is in the cup.
I went to a match at Caen about 12 years back and alcohol was banned in the stadium.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Honestly, why the obsession with beers in the stand? There's beers in the pubs and bars, beers in the concourses before, at half time and afterwards. And beers back in the pubs and bars after that. Surely fans can do without for 45 minutes and think of something else to do. Like watch the game, shout, cheer, clap etc. Smokers had to learn it and for longer. Surely drinkers can too?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Honestly, why the obsession with beers in the stand? There's beers in the pubs and bars, beers in the concourses before, at half time and afterwards. And beers back in the pubs and bars after that. Surely fans can do without for 45 minutes and think of something else to do. Like watch the game, shout, cheer, clap etc. Smokers had to learn it and for longer. Surely drinkers can too?
Just one part of the weird alcohol culture: football = beer.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Meh. Gotta disagree. Just so annoying going to a crappy dingy concourse at half time... queueing up and then having to down it quickly because it took 10 minutes to get the damn thing.

That's not civilised. So much better to have the option of drinking in the stand

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Very much this.

I'm not in the least bit bothered about chugging lukewarm beer from a wobbly plastic cup in the stands. As you say, there's plenty of opportunity before and after the game. Plus I can well do without a constant stream of boozed-up dilberts going back and forth in front of me all through the game to top themselves up and/or go for another piss. And I don't particularly fancy getting showered in beer if we score.

YES I'm grumpy.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Well. They served booze in the stands watching the game at Marseille and as you could see it was carnage :) lots of infighting between fans who had been drinking all day and people pushing in queues.

Smoking also allowed (or lots of people smoking and stewards not do anything about it )

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Well. They served booze in the stands watching the game at Marseille and as you could see it was carnage :) lots of infighting between fans who had been drinking all day and people pushing in queues.

Smoking also allowed (or lots of people smoking and stewards not do anything about it )
In France everyone smokes , no one gives a shit

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Guy behind me got punched and nose bleeding

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Being showered in beer when we scored wasn’t one of the highlights of my trip.

So it’s a ‘no’ from me.
Throwing beer around, people getting up and down every 5 seconds for beer/piss, spilt beer puddles over the floor. Definite no from me. I remember Barber talking about this a year or so ago and said he wasn’t in favour for these very reasons.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here