Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Zero chance of booze in the stands at Europe away games ?

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
Did anyone take a picture of the booths in the stadium where you bought the beers? I’m sure I’ve seen more attractive WW2 bunker installations in my time.
Very weird setup. During the rugby the shutters were up and it was fully open as you’d usually expect

IMG_4294.jpeg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Throwing beer around, people getting up and down every 5 seconds for beer/piss, spilt beer puddles over the floor. Definite no from me. I remember Barber talking about this a year or so ago and said he wasn’t in favour for these very reasons.

Whilst I agree with you I’m curious about the people getting up and down bit: surely everyone was stood up for the duration of the match?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Whilst I agree with you I’m curious about the people getting up and down bit: surely everyone was stood up for the duration of the match?
I was too pissed to stand.
Found a handy seat i could sit with my beer and still see double

Loved it

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
I didn't get why people were chucking beer around in la joliette several hours before kick-off. Just... why? I must be getting old 🤣

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some People were seated where I was, but I’m talking in general.

NottinghamGull

Sep 21, 2023
Nottingham
People generally very good at staying seated in AA like they were supposed to. Except when it got a bit exciting and our two goals went in. But sat down again afterwards. I thought quite respectful of those who chose to sit in this area because it was seated only. Also for those in the wheelchair section behind us. I hope we didn’t disrupt their view too much and they enjoyed the game.

Also thanks to those at the back of B block in front of us who did step down a level when we pointed out they were blocking our view. I know they were probably not too happy about this, but thanks for your consideration of others.

To the slightly older fans who struggled to stand for a whole day, including the match, I can highly recommend the seated option.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Well. They served booze in the stands watching the game at Marseille and as you could see it was carnage :) lots of infighting between fans who had been drinking all day and people pushing in queues.

Smoking also allowed (or lots of people smoking and stewards not do anything about it )
Very different attitude to stewarding in the rest of Europe compared to the UK. Unlike the bullied short man-failed copper types of some English stewards, elsewhere in Europe they don't get involved with anything concerning crowd behaviour whether drunkenness, smoking, pyro, anything luzzed on the pitch or whatever. That kind of thing is above their pay grade. If major crowd disturbance kicks off as is did with Marseille v Eintracht Frankfurt last season, then it's playtime for the riot police. Stewards are basically there for any evacuation emergency or maybe to assist if anyone is taken ill etc.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Very different attitude to stewarding in the rest of Europe compared to the UK. Unlike the bullied short man-failed copper types of some English stewards, elsewhere in Europe they don't get involved with anything concerning crowd behaviour whether drunkenness, smoking, pyro, anything luzzed on the pitch or whatever. That kind of thing is above their pay grade. If major crowd disturbance kicks off as is did with Marseille v Eintracht Frankfurt last season, then it's playtime for the riot police. Stewards are basically there for any evacuation emergency or maybe to assist if anyone is taken ill etc.
Unpopular opinion with the grandad's on here but I prefer this. I like an edge I hate that the epl is so sanitised. If a bit of beer is thrown on me so be it !!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here