Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora -

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
well he has to me, at Disneyland Paris last summer just as me and the boy were about to board the Peter Pan ride I turned round and saw the man himself in the next queue to board, dumbstruck and not knowing what to say I blurted "'ello Bob, you coming back to Brighton then?" he grinned and replied "Yeah one day".

(Now, this story is 100% true, however I accept that he may have been sarcastic or merely humouring me, but I know what I heard and that'll do me"!)

I don't doubt that happened (I remember you saying at the time), but what is he going to say ? Of course he'll say yes to an obvious fan. Just like all those who moan at what managers say, when in fact all they've done is answer a question put to them.

To put the record straight, I have always said that I wouldn't want BZ back again, mainly because after he last stint, anything would be a disappointment, and I generally believe in "never go back". However, I concede that, at present, he would strengthen our team, in our current position, and on that basis alone, I would be happy for him to return.

Do I think it will happen ? Possibly more likely now than ever before, but on balance, no, I don't see it.

I don't doubt that happened (I remember you saying at the time), but what is he going to say ? Of course he'll say yes to an obvious fan. Just like all those who moan at what managers say, when in fact all they've done is answer a question put to them.

To put the record straight, I have always said that I wouldn't want BZ back again, mainly because after he last stint, anything would be a disappointment, and I generally believe in "never go back". However, I concede that, at present, he would strengthen our team, in our current position, and on that basis alone, I would be happy for him to return.

Do I think it will happen ? Possibly more likely now than ever before, but on balance, no, I don't see it.

I couldn't agree more with your points made, As for the 'he told me' quote, see what i've written in brackets, of course he's gonna say that, the post was very tongue in cheek

Happy Birthday BTW

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I couldn't agree more with your points made, As for the 'he told me' quote, see what i've written in brackets, of course he's gonna say that, the post was very tongue in cheek

Ah, I couldn't see your tongue in yer cheek from where I'm sat. I should pay attention more.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I know people have made suggestions about us being interested during the Summer, but when did/does the emergency loan window close? If we are now interested couldn't we have got a few weeks ago/now. Why wait until january?

i would love to have him back now, but I cant see it happening.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know people have made suggestions about us being interested during the Summer, but when did/does the emergency loan window close? If we are now interested couldn't we have got a few weeks ago/now. Why wait until january?

i would love to have him back now, but I cant see it happening.

22nd November. Any loan could then be converted to a full season one in January.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't doubt that happened (I remember you saying at the time), but what is he going to say ? Of course he'll say yes to an obvious fan

I'm not sure I agree. Why wouldn't he laugh and say "Ha ha I don't know mate, you never know what's going to happen in this game" or something?

I asked Diego Poyet when he was signing for Brighton he said "No chance is that going to happen".

barryscott

Banned
Nov 14, 2012
I'd be well happy with this. Watched him a bit while he played for Spurs and was always impressed. Never got a proper look in really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The chap from easy reach who installed our fibre optic broad band said that his niece was Diego's girl friend and told me the same story but added "he doesnt think I am good enough"

:lolol:

I love your posts sometimes OG.

centurion40

Sep 8, 2012
Just to add a bit more credibility to the story, QPR are trying to land Anelka, if so that would more than likely signal Bobby's departure from Loftus Road

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not sure I agree. Why wouldn't he laugh and say "Ha ha I don't know mate, you never know what's going to happen in this game" or something?

I asked Diego Poyet when he was signing for Brighton he said "No chance is that going to happen".

Gus has said himself he wouldn't like his son here as 'he would be too hard on him'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here