Zamora -

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Bobby has said he would come back to the Albion one day.
A few months ago I said Bobby would return...based on nothing but a hunch....would we want him...a forward who can hold a ball up and read the game....there's only one answer...a massive YES!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Anyone doubting whether he'd be good enough is an idiot. Anyone thinking it's likely? Probably the same, but then I thought that before CMS, and Vicente, and Kuszczak, so who knows? I don't know where the lines between fantasy and ambition is anymore, we've risen so quickly it's difficult to get out of the small club mentality. Head says beyond anything, even if we could afford it, and QPR were willing to let him go - he's said publically he's not that bothered about football, it's just a job to him. He wouldn't be playing for us for the love of it, he's in it to make as much as he can before he retires, so I just can't see him turning away from his 50-odd grand a week at QPR to play for, what, a third of that with us?

Filed away in the 'dream on' category, asterisked with 'but still let 1% of yourself believe'.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
If he does come here he better sort himself out; lethargic, uninterested and a shadow of the standard he was playing at to get into the England squad - 5 in 21.

I personally don't believe in returning to a former club, especially as recent examples of this haven't been successful.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I cant find what date Gus stopped playing for Spurs in 2004 but BZ joined them in April 2004. They may have been together for a short time as players at Spurs in 2004, not sure.

You need to check your sources, those dates are way off. Bobby joined Spurs in July 03 by Feb 04 he was at West Ham. Poyet left Spurs at the end of the 03/04 season. Tanno was also at Spurs at the same time.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No, not like Wayne Bridge, he's been superb. I said 'a lot' of these players, not every single one of them.

I think he means that that is what some people were saying about Wayne Bridge before he came here. I was over the moon myself but a non Brighton supporting mate sent me a text at the time asking why the heck Gus had signed Bridge, and I'm sure a fair few on here were questioning his commitment.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
The thing with this one is that, irrespective of the fact that it's Bobby Zamora, this is just the kind of player in terms of his abilities and playing style that we do need right now.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
As good as this sounds....Never go back!

I would worry for both bz and the Albion here

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
So had Wayne Bridge and look what's happened to him since being at the Amex.....

& he'll be Frank Bough of we don't get someone like Bobby in to show a level of ambition...So it's a win/win situation if we bring him back with extra thousands of ST sales cos if Bridge goes whoever plays in his place will make us 10/15 points worse off next season

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I wonder, if it really happened, how long before the moaners turned on him if he missed chances or didn't score every game ??? 5 games ?

TranmereGull

Oct 26, 2012
On the Banks of the Mersey
We were talking to QPR in the last transfer window regarding a certain Mr. Zamora. Word is that he and Hughes do not get on and BZ has ASKED for a transfer on loan PREFERABLY to BHA but PROBABLY not due to wage limitations.

We were very close to a deal last time round but it fell through.

Where have I heard this before?? Oh yes, you told me at the Blackpool game:bigwave:

Oh why oh why did you have to post this?

I'll now be there waiting for the transfer deadling with minutes to go, watching the Argus website tease us with tales of a former Albion legend returning at the last minute, that he's being rushed from Shoreham airport to the Amex by police motorcade. Only to read:

Its Dan bloody Harding

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Bobby has said he would come back to the Albion one day.
A few months ago I said Bobby would return...based on nothing but a hunch....would we want him...a forward who can hold a ball up and read the game....there's only one answer...a massive YES!

a) I'm not sure he's ever said he'd come back and b) He's also said he "hates" football. I wouldn't believe anything a footballer says.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
a) I'm not sure he's ever said he'd come back and b) He's also said he "hates" football. I wouldn't believe anything a footballer says.

Selective quoting TD. He says he hates watching football which isn't quite the same thing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Selective quoting TD. He says he hates watching football which isn't quite the same thing.

I never read what he said exactly, but that's certainly not what was reported. It was discussed at length on Sunday Supplement.

I've always felt he'll retire quite early, never thought he'd come back here, and if it wasn't for his history with us, nobody would be pushing for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports