Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zamora -

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I never read what he said exactly, but that's certainly not what was reported. It was discussed at length on Sunday Supplement.

I've always felt he'll retire quite early, never thought he'd come back here, and if it wasn't for his history with us, nobody would be pushing for it.

He said he never watches football away from his own game, it's a job to him despite being good at it. Journalists twisting players words, who'd have thought it?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It has always been my view that by the time he is prepared t drop to our wage scale again he will be past it as a player but if QPR where to pay a significant portion of his wages, like Man City with Bridge, who knows. I know that we were after him when he was at West Ham but we offered £2k per week of his wages and they wanted us to pay £9k

a) I'm not sure he's ever said he'd come back

well he has to me, at Disneyland Paris last summer just as me and the boy were about to board the Peter Pan ride I turned round and saw the man himself in the next queue to board, dumbstruck and not knowing what to say I blurted "'ello Bob, you coming back to Brighton then?" he grinned and replied "Yeah one day".

(Now, this story is 100% true, however I accept that he may have been sarcastic or merely humouring me, but I know what I heard and that'll do me"!)

TranmereGull

Oct 26, 2012
On the Banks of the Mersey
well he has to me, at Disneyland Paris last summer just as me and the boy were about to board the Peter Pan ride I turned round and saw the man himself in the next queue to board, dumbstruck and not knowing what to say I blurted "'ello Bob, you coming back to Brighton then?" he grinned and replied "Yeah one day".

(Now, this story is 100% true, however I accept that he may have been sarcastic or merely humouring me, but I know what I heard and that'll do me"!)

You mean he hadnt gone for the quick pass? f*** me, what are they paying him at QPR?

TranmereGull

Oct 26, 2012
On the Banks of the Mersey
good point, however, not sure it was available on that ride even so despite being June the weather was shit and the queues were not that bad. The following day we bumped into El Abd, what an absolute gent he is and a credit to his club BTW

So...El Abd and Zamora both queing up in Disneyland...did you see them exchange a manilla envelope and a meaningful wink as they sat in a little car together on Thunder Mountain? Thats how good rumours are born on NSC.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Bobby Z would be just the final piece of the jigsaw we need IMHO
this might happen as apparently QPR are after Anelka reported by the BBC this morning on cefax/telefax thats if you can believe anything they say

hopefully it will happen

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So...El Abd and Zamora both queing up in Disneyland...did you see them exchange a manilla envelope and a meaningful wink as they say in a little car together on Thunder Mountain? Thats how good rumours are born on NSC.

Even better than that, I saw Bobby talking to Bloom at the Metropole recently, at Charlie's lunch.

So...El Abd and Zamora both queing up in Disneyland...did you see them exchange a manilla envelope and a meaningful wink as they say in a little car together on Thunder Mountain? Thats how good rumours are born on NSC.

no, no rumour to be had, and without boring everyone with tales of my holiday, it was on the following day and I mentioned to 'my mate Ad' "oh and I bumped into Bobby here yesterday" (making out I was as important as HB&B) AEA replied, "yeah I heard he was out here"

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
If Anelka goes to QPR which is looking like its a possibility
Then BZ could be back quicker than we know.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Paid by QPR if a loan as per Man City and Bridge. If a permanent signing it would present a greater problem as would his transfer fee as not too long ago he was on the verge of playing for England so his transfer value will still be quite high.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here