Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zahahahaha set for Man Utd for 8 rising to 12 million

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I wont get too drawn into gates and stuff (thats for other people), but our gates over the last 20 years have averaged about 14000 to 17000 (taken the 1 prem season out), this season we are on about 16000 so as a average goes there are pretty average for us.

i dont make a big thing of them either, but relevant here as it has a bearing on revenue. your attendance compared to the rest of the league is in the bottom half, which means income is probably in the lower half too. many clubs are straped for cash (or rather leaking it alot), i dont know why COYP should argue you aren't. any club in this division could do with £6-7m.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
I'm pretty sure it was me that was saying we're making losses, just like I said you were making losses beorhthelm. All I said was we are not so desperate that we need to sell before the end of the season. You make it sound like we're about to pop out of business next week unless we sell Zaha this minute.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
So he was one of your plastics then, he had a second team and that happened to be you. Bless.:)

Yes he was a neutral. Was in the Family Stand. Thoroughly unpleasant bloke. Just like the racist plastic who was sitting in your hosp area a few weeks back.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm pretty sure it was me that was saying we're making losses, just like I said you were making losses beorhthelm. All I said was we are not so desperate that we need to sell before the end of the season. You make it sound like we're about to pop out of business next week unless we sell Zaha this minute.

it wouldnt come as a shock to many to be honest if you did go pop, with your track record.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Rubbish, the longer the window goes on the more your board are going to get nervous KNOWING that they need to sell to get much needed funds in. They will end up taking what they are offered. Thats the true picture, dont be fooled by BBS.

Rubbish.

Do you have any evidence at all to back that post up?

How on earth do YOU know what "the true picture" is?

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
it wouldnt come as a shock to many to be honest if you did go pop, with your track record.

Based on that kind of logic should I be assuming you're looking to sell the ground to someone else for development and spend the next 20 years in obscurity or are you just trying to be 'banterous'?

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
as i have said so many times before, its not rocket science if you know where to look, are you really that stupid you cant see from your gates that A = Income and B = Outgoings are so far apart that you are losing money dramatically. Your crowds might be increasing slightly but with the group on deals you do which is a high percentage of your gate, you dont actually bring in much cash. The club is only going one way into the red and quick, why was the new ground shelved, why has no improvement work been carried out to smellhurst? why no players signed..................

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Based on that kind of logic should I be assuming you're looking to sell the ground to someone else for development and spend the next 20 years in obscurity or are you just trying to be 'banterous'?

lighting does not strike twice...well in your case it does, but with us we fianlly have a fan as a chairman who is also a very good businessman.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Palace will be losing a considerable sum of money, but that is not unique in the Championship, nor in English football.

They are fortunate in that they have a highly salable asset in Zaha who can be readily turned into cash any time (subject to transfer windows).

I believe they both want and need to sell him in order to help offset aforementioned losses because, to their credit, the CPFC board want to try and avoid the mistakes that have blighted CPFC in the past.

Sensible stuff aside, I wish someone would just buy the diving little shit so we can put these threads to bed.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Palace will be losing a considerable sum of money, but that is not unique in the Championship, nor in English football.

They are fortunate in that they have a highly salable asset in Zaha who can be readily turned into cash any time (subject to transfer windows).

I believe they both want and need to sell him in order to help offset aforementioned losses because, to their credit, the CPFC board want to try and avoid the mistakes that have blighted CPFC in the past.

Sensible stuff aside, I wish someone would just buy the diving little shit so we can put these threads to bed.

i generally laughed out loud then. Top work sir

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...Sensible stuff aside, I wish someone would just buy the diving little shit so we can put these threads to bed.

Haven't you heard about their world class academy? Producing a constant stream of world class players? This is a never-ending story :nono:

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
lighting does not strike twice...well in your case it does, but with us we fianlly have a fan as a chairman who is also a very good businessman.

Yes and we have four fans as owners, all of whom have built up substantial business empires through their own hard work. Steve Parish through an advertising company, Martin Long through an insurance company, Steve Browett through a wine merchants and Jeremy Hoskin through hedge fund management. The new ground was shelved for the same reason previous attempts to move to Crystal Palace Park have been shelved - NIMBY residents. You may wish to look up their desire to see the place turn into a wasteland here: CPCA // Crystal Palace Community Association

The board has said that redevelopment work will begin in the close season.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Yes and we have four fans as owners, all of whom have built up substantial business empires through their own hard work. Steve Parish through an advertising company, Martin Long through an insurance company, Steve Browett through a wine merchants and Jeremy Hoskin through hedge fund management. The new ground was shelved for the same reason previous attempts to move to Crystal Palace Park have been shelved - NIMBY residents. You may wish to look up their desire to see the place turn into a wasteland here: CPCA // Crystal Palace Community Association

The board has said that redevelopment work will begin in the close season.

with the money from the sale of zahaha? the board wont spend any money thats for sure.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
To my knowledge, the ground will be redeveloped in partnership with Sainsburies, including sale of the executive carpark etc, and with corporate sponsorship and naming rights. Though I do have a horrible feeling we'll end up playing at Sainsburies Park :(

If that really is the only lifeline for your club, you'd better learn to spell their name properly. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
To my knowledge, the ground will be redeveloped in partnership with Sainsburies, including sale of the executive carpark etc, and with corporate sponsorship and naming rights. Though I do have a horrible feeling we'll end up playing at Sainsburies Park :(

To be fair, it would fit with goal music, call and response with the announcer, and a half time bird show.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here