Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

zahaha bought by palarse for a knock down price

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Wilf pictured earlier today celebrating his transfer with his friends at Rimmers Sauna and Massage parlour, South Croydon. (Those pants are for real!!)

image.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Palace as a club are (as we and many local businesses in south London all know) highly adept at utterly ripping people off. They're crafty two-bob spivs, always have been. And the fact that in this instance they managed to do this to Manchester United is not something I'll lose a lot of sleep over, in fact its quite funny. But it really was quite extraordinary the sheer amount of HYPE they managed to spin around Zaha. To any normal football-viewing person, he was a tricky winger who had severe balance issues in and around the box. Decent on his day, he could drop his shoulder and could sell more dummies than Mothercare, but ultimately he was flaky and inconsistent. Yet were to venture onto the pages of the BBS, you would think that you were reading about the Second Coming, the saviour of England - a combination of George Best, Pelé and Victor Moses. Christ, they even had gigantic POSTERS of him put up all around Croydon. Admittedly this was largely to cover up the charred and broken remains of the various burnt out firebombed slums while the council got the builders in, but even so - it worked ! He even got a hilarious cameo on the wing for Englands embarrassing stuffing in Sweden, at least offering some comic value on the night as he proceeded to, well, fall over a lot (as is the custom).

I think the signing of Zahahaha was probably Fergusons parting middle finger to the Glaziers on his way out. And fair play to Palace, they cashed in. But then they're pretty good at that. Just ask St Johns.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Palace as a club are (as we and many local businesses in south London all know) highly adept at utterly ripping people off. They're crafty two-bob spivs, always have been. And the fact that in this instance they managed to do this to Manchester United is not something I'll lose a lot of sleep over, in fact its quite funny. But it really was quite extraordinary the sheer amount of HYPE they managed to spin around Zaha. To any normal football-viewing person, he was a tricky winger who had severe balance issues in and around the box. Decent on his day, he could drop his shoulder and could sell more dummies than Mothercare, but ultimately he was flaky and inconsistent. Yet were to venture onto the pages of the BBS, you would think that you were reading about the Second Coming, the saviour of England - a combination of George Best, Pelé and Victor Moses. Christ, they even had gigantic POSTERS of him put up all around Croydon. Admittedly this was largely to cover up the charred and broken remains of the various burnt out firebombed slums while the council got the builders in, but even so - it worked ! He even got a hilarious cameo on the wing for Englands embarrassing stuffing in Sweden, at least offering some comic value on the night as he proceeded to, well, fall over a lot (as is the custom).

I think the signing of Zahahaha was probably Fergusons parting middle finger to the Glaziers on his way out. And fair play to Palace, they cashed in. But then they're pretty good at that. Just ask St Johns.
You are in the wrong profession. You should be a sports journalist

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
My only criticism [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] is that you appear to be more happy to mock Man U than Palace over this deal. I would much rather Palace were left out of pocket if i'm honest.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How can you NOT mock Man U over this deal though [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] ? Its been an embarrassing catastrophe for them. Everyone was astounded when they parted with £10m+ for the human weeble, and although in the great scheme of things its barely a tiny dent in their vast corporate machine, it did show a startling lack of judgement. Fergie was either losing it, or on an almighty stitch-up. Either way, Shirley someone should've taken him to one side and said "hang on Taggert...are. you. SURE ??"

The fact Palace have coined it (again) is irritating. They have a knack of that though. Debts don't count, they can always start again when it all goes tits up, we've seen it time and time again. But I do still enjoy seeing a big club get its pants pulled down by a two-bob outfit like Palace. Fair play to Disney, he done them up like a kipper.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There was a great analysis of Zaha ( & Bolasie) by Joey Barton on 5live tonight. In essence, he described them both as very raw with little to no football intelligence. Their advantage as described by Barton was that it was difficult for their opponents to know what they were going to do with the ball because they did not even know themselves. His subsequent comparison with 'Rav' Morrison was interesting though, as he described him as a scholar of the game with huge amounts of football intelligence. Anyway we've got Lua Lua and I believe he is no better or worse than either Zaha or Bolasie - similar type of player.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Anyway we've got Lua Lua and I believe he is no better or worse than either Zaha or Bolasie - similar type of player.

2Fa8P.gif

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that you still don't have a single player in your squad capable of getting into our matchday 18. This isn't wholly surprising, because you're a relegation threatened Championship club and we're a midtable Premier League team.

Last edited:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
You are in the wrong profession. You should be a sports journalist

For the sun ??? I think easy 10 is still very bitter after getting kicked of the bbs in a racism storm :nono:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
There was a great analysis of Zaha ( & Bolasie) by Joey Barton on 5live tonight. In essence, he described them both as very raw with little to no football intelligence. Their advantage as described by Barton was that it was difficult for their opponents to know what they were going to do with the ball because they did not even know themselves. His subsequent comparison with 'Rav' Morrison was interesting though, as he described him as a scholar of the game with huge amounts of football intelligence. Anyway we've got Lua Lua and I believe he is no better or worse than either Zaha or Bolasie - similar type of player.

I don't know who's more crazy you or joey Barton :facepalm:

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I don't know who's more crazy you or joey Barton :facepalm:

Him. To suggest that Kazenga f*cking Lua Lua is as good as Bolasie or Zaha is the funniest thing I've read all week :lolol:

I think it might be hard for him to accept the enormous gap in the quality of our squads now. Watching us on MOTD with £5m+ players on our bench must make them think about what could have been if Zaha hadn't destroyed them at the Amex.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

This is my favourite ever Easy Ten post by a mile. Loving your work there, and bang on.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Him. To suggest that Kazenga f*cking Lua Lua is as good as Bolasie or Zaha is the funniest thing I've read all week :lolol:

I think it might be hard for him to accept the enormous gap in the quality of our squads now. Watching us on MOTD with £5m+ players on our bench must make them think about what could have been if Zaha hadn't destroyed them at the Amex.

Be careful dear. Your squad of mercenaries and journeyman are exactly the sort of players who will get you relegated into league one of you go down to the Championship next season. It happens all the time. I've also noted that Pardew is good at getting consistent results, now his honeymoon period is over, he is just as likely to go on a winless ten game streak as he is to get a maximum points.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
View attachment 62681

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind you that you still don't have a single player in your squad capable of getting into our matchday 18. This isn't wholly surprising, because you're a relegation threatened Championship club and we're a midtable Premier League team.

Midtable Premier League team! Seriously!? :lolol: You're four points off the relegation zone you deluded imbecile.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

That £73m you trousered last season for just being in the Prem league might be a factor here.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
That £73m you trousered last season for just being in the Prem league might be a factor here.

Of course. It helps that we've invested half of that into the squad in transfer fees, but the money involved in being in the Premier League is outrageous.

Be careful dear. Your squad of mercenaries and journeyman are exactly the sort of players who will get you relegated into league one of you go down to the Championship next season. It happens all the time. I've also noted that Pardew is good at getting consistent results, now his honeymoon period is over, he is just as likely to go on a winless ten game streak as he is to get a maximum points.

Mercenaries and journeymen? We survived last year because we had the best team spirit in the top flight. The players were running through brick walls for each other and covering incredible amounts of ground. The same thing is happening this season, we've just added more quality. To be honest, it seems like you're just making up drivel to try to convince yourself that our two clubs aren't currently lightyears apart.

So the Prodigal Son has returned, Palace should make this their theme for the end of season party.

Prodigal Son = Zaha
Father = Price Charming
Older Son = Yannick Bolasie
Fatted Calf = Steve Browett.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To suggest that Kazenga f*cking Lua Lua is as good as Bolasie or Zaha is the funniest thing I've read all week :lolol:
I recall a couple of years ago that the only fans that rated Bolasie were the Brighton fans, you lot thought he was no good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here