Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Not got a clue about two seasons back to be honest, He only got booked for diving once last season I believe. I can confirm he has never been sent off for tripping a ref though.

No but he did get a ban for nasty hand signals to those lovely Leeds Fans, shame on him.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Oh yea I bet Palace fans are absolutely GUTTED that he isn't currently setting the Premier League alight for Man United. I mean they only got TEN MILLION QUID for him and watched him dump their biggest rivals out of the playoffs on their way to the Premier League.

It must be CRUSHING for them to see him not make the bench for another team

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:D Grimsby is twinned with Banjul in Gambia, Imagine the fishy smell at the height of summer.

No need to IMAGINE the smell when you ACTUALLY live in Crap town :thumbsup:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Perhaps his comments to the press during last season, when he was at Palace, goes some way to sum up that he may have a billy big bollox attitude, that might not go down to well with his fellow players at Man U.
I don't think Ronaldo or Messi are at Man U, so all the other players at the club Wilf feels are inferior to him?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lfried-Zaha-Only-Ronaldo-Messi-better-me.html

To be fair, that interview doesn't make him come sound like he has an attitude problem. The stuff he is saying about not looking at anyone as if they are better than him is just normal. If you go into a game of Football thinking that the other players on the pitch are miles better than you and you're never going to have the better of your marker then you are going to get your head down before the game even kicks off. It's all about being confident with your own ability and thinking you are better than the opposition is part of that. Doesn't mean in reality that he thinks he is the third best player in the world!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Football Weekly chaps have just discussed Utds squad.
As a throw away line at the end James Richardson said, re Zaha:-

'Well of course he won't play as Moyes doesn't rate him, not a Utd player'.

The rest of the panel agreed in a 'that common knowledge' styles.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't. You must have a nose for it.

I might be doing him (or her) a disservice but whenever I see someone use the word 'mugs' it always comes across very Danny Dyer. Whatever Paulie is he was cross enough to log on and tell us he didn't care. Which was nice.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
I might be doing him (or her) a disservice but whenever I see someone use the word 'mugs' it always comes across very Danny Dyer. Whatever Paulie is he was cross enough to log on and tell us he didn't care. Which was nice.

I'm not cross, old fruit. I know Brighton fans will want to score points about Palace, whenever they can, but it's just silly to suggest the fact that Zaha didn't make the bench for the United game hurts us in some way. Your desperation to suggest this is a slight on Palace is frankly pathetic.

He's a United player now. Good luck to him, personally, though I hope United flounder.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Your desperation to suggest this is a slight on Palace is frankly pathetic.

Err. I don't think anyone is saying that at all, it's a slight on Zaha isn't it (and a gentle ribbing that it appears he's not quite as good as you lot thought he was)? Fair play for overcharging United, I say.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Zaha move to Man Utd reminded me of when Bobby went to Spurs. Far too big a leap, too early in his career. He needed a step up from Palace, not a leap to the top of the hill.

Long term he is probably an average premiership player and could turn out for the likes of Fulham etc quite happily, but Man Utd, no way.

Interesting that his one link up with the England squad saw him not picked since. Suspect Hodgson saw some of the problems Moyes is now seeing.

Will be recycled at some point to a lower team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Err. I don't think anyone is saying that at all, it's a slight on Zaha isn't it (and a gentle ribbing that it appears he's not quite as good as you lot thought he was)? Fair play for overcharging United, I say.

All of this.

Well done to Palace for selling him at a frankly unbelievable value.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The Zaha move to Man Utd reminded me of when Bobby went to Spurs. Far too big a leap, too early in his career. He needed a step up from Palace, not a leap to the top of the hill.

Long term he is probably an average premiership player and could turn out for the likes of Fulham etc quite happily, but Man Utd, no way.

Interesting that his one link up with the England squad saw him not picked since. Suspect Hodgson saw some of the problems Moyes is now seeing.

Will be recycled at some point to a lower team.

Disagree , zaha will be a top player and England international,

United have had a very hard start. Every game has had a lot riding on it . They had to go tried and tested. Even in carling cup they could not afford to take to many risks . They have an easier set of games coming up and zaha will get his chance.

Your England comment strange as didn't he get a couple of assists and has shined at u21

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Appears that Winifred is now below Januzaj in the pecking order. Even Sir Alex can make a cock up in spotting the next new wunderkid.

That Januzaj looks like a quality footballer. Was all over the place when he came on against Palace.

Look no further than Eric Djemba Djemba as an example of some of Alex Ferguson's less than succesful wonderkid shopping.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Oh yea I bet Palace fans are absolutely GUTTED that he isn't currently setting the Premier League alight for Man United. I mean they only got TEN MILLION QUID for him and watched him dump their biggest rivals out of the playoffs on their way to the Premier League.

Is the right answer, thank you

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I can't work out who you are aiming your post at....certainly not me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm sure that if Zaha was offered as a loan player to OG at an economical rate then he'd jump at the opportunity and so would the fans.

I would. Palace fans would go MENTAL. It would be the funniest thing ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here