Zaha

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Was 15m then 12m now 10m...... at this rate they'll get the 3 or 4 they deserve for the 'potential'. Hope for United fan's sake he gets a LOT better (once he pisses off obviously not before) as currently it looks like they pissed it up the wall. Honestly think he was OK before his England call up from what I'd seen but since has been utter turd the whole time and thinks he's made it.

LuaLua for what it's worth kept doing ONE stepover and leaving his marker on his arse over and over and over. His crossing was also better today. Low in the main but that's better than way over the heads of everyone. Made Zahaha look like a little kid playing at being a footballer.

Kaz will look a much better player now he has a striker who makes the right runs to get on the end of those crosses to the near post.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363552085.429905.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The point is he LOOKED classy, but with no end product. You can do all the step overs you like if you can't produce at the end, and he didn't today. He will find a completely different class of defender in the premiership who wont fall for all that step over crap!!!

TTotally agree with Mello.
He had the ball, it looked spectacular but NOTHING happened.

It was just like watching Jnr play in the playground, just a swarm around the ball.
We clearly had a line he wasn't going to cross. He ran up against that line 'bounced' off did a little more, was bounced off again, then lost the ball.
No passes, no goal attempts, no point.

Brilliantly defended against, by a team with only ONE holding midfielder playing :ohmy:

Don't get me wrong - I don't think he's gonna be a world beater! I just don't think he's as shit as some would have it. At this level, he's one of the better players and he is clearly very skillful. He has the potential to do well in the game.

He'll struggle in the Premier League, I think, but may make it, if Ferguson can get the best out of him.

In that England thread recently I said that I thought he was a poor man's Ashley Young, and that Ashley is crap. That may have been an exaggeration in both cases, but not by much.

I thought that Zaha looked better than I had expected him to for the first 40 odd minutes today. But you're right, there was no end product. However, that hasn't always been the case this season, has it?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You are in cloud cuckoo land if you think he is not absolute class. He will turn into an outstanding player.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thought he looked good but fragile mentally. Very strong, not as quick as I was expecting. He didn't link particularly well with his fellow strikers. Lots of pouts and sulks, opposing fans will pick up on this and will see if they can wind him up.

Outjumped in the air by Bridders, says a lot about our human salmon!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Touch of the Ronaldo about him when Fergie signed him.

Lots of hissy fits lots of raw talent but needs to harness it. I know he's a bit of a prat - but Ronaldo has become a great player through talent and hard work. Zaha has the first but whether he has the second remains to be seen.

There was definitely a hint of " I'm better than all of you" today.

And he was still gash.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Obviously he has some talent, and will get better, but his general modus operandi is:
Step over
Step over
Step over
Falls over, complains at ref

Step over
step over
step over
loses the ball, complains at ref

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He's not shit. He has raw talent. He was UTTERLY ineffectual today though. And a bit shit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hmm. To be perfectly honest I thought he looked like an absolute top quality player.

Is that possible when you don't do a SINGLE thing of note all game?

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
He seemed to have trouble actually staying on his feet. Slipping everywhere. Whenever he was brought down he was straight in the face of the player that brought him down. He may be good, but he is a ****.

Broady

Apr 17, 2011
He had a very good first half was a constant nuisance, Calderon soiled his pants every time he ran at him, you could tell the whole team were wary of him, and he set up that chance where they hit it straight at TK. I have no idea why Holloway switched him to Bridge's side-where he was well and truly nullified- and by the time he moved back to Calderon's side, Calderon had grown into the game and it was over by then.

To say he was non existent or rubbish is a bit of a lie imo.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is that possible when you don't do a SINGLE thing of note all game?

Didn't stop Bolasie getting praised to the hilt after his all dancing- no contributing performance in December.

Palace beat us with two penalties and a free header from a corner. From open play they rarely threatened, even against 10 men. And yet we decided to believe Bolasie was amazing. Surely today is proof, if required, that he is dinstinctly sh*t.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Didn't stop Bolasie getting praised to the hilt after his all dancing- no contributing performance in December.

Palace beat us with two penalties and a free header from a corner. From open play they rarely threatened, even against 10 men. And yet we decided to believe Bolasie was amazing. Surely today is proof, if required, that he is dinstinctly sh*t.

Bolasie was crap today, but he wasn't when we played them at Selhurst. Let's not rewrite history.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bolasie was crap today, but he wasn't when we played them at Selhurst. Let's not rewrite history.

I'm not. I was there and have said ever since that the praise for his performance has been nothing short of hilarious. He was woeful then, and even worse today. Like Seb Carole, but worse.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Kazenga was immense today. Not sure he has the class of Zaha yet, but he is so so strong and lightning quick! Zaha looks classes but not really any better than any GOP chap player for me. Bucks and Kaz we miles better. Please play them every time poyet!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports