Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He certainly beat a few of our players in the first half but I honesty don't remember him getting the better of Bridge once.

Gary Gurr

Nov 13, 2011
Eastbourne
Can't agree with this - in the first half it seemed impossible to get the ball off him. He looked, I'm sorry to say, classy.

Then we scored 2 in the minute before half time!

It is to the Albion's credit that he ended the match acting as you say - frustration got the better of him, and it all went wrong for him and his team. Shame. :cheers:

The point is he LOOKED classy, but with no end product. You can do all the step overs you like if you can't produce at the end, and he didn't today. He will find a completely different class of defender in the premiership who wont fall for all that step over crap!!!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
have to say, i acknowledge that he's good, but today he just didnt show anything much. he was very good at keeping the ball when dribbling away from defenders. just as they intend. he didnt attack our fall backs, because they were too good for him, and so was nullified. a long way to go to make it in the premership.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
His step overs also seemed to be in slow motion... His legs don't seem to actually move very fast, they're just too lankey.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I liked the one in the first half where he had about 4 opportunities to pass the ball, ignored all of them and then fell over.

Fergie will literally punch him if he does that

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I know his diving is talked about a lot but he really does look to fall to the ground far too much. Quite often after doing a load of pointless skills he'd start to stumble in the hope that someone would slightly touch him and he could drop to the floor in an attempt to win a free kick.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can't agree with this - in the first half it seemed impossible to get the ball off him.

Can't agree. He didn't DO anything with the ball. We let him have it because eventually he will always do one too many stopovers. As long as you don't commit he is easy to mark. We showed that today.
TTotally agree with Mello.
He had the ball, it looked spectacular but NOTHING happened.

It was just like watching Jnr play in the playground, just a swarm around the ball.
We clearly had a line he wasn't going to cross. He ran up against that line 'bounced' off did a little more, was bounced off again, then lost the ball.
No passes, no goal attempts, no point.

Brilliantly defended against, by a team with only ONE holding midfielder playing :ohmy:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The point is he LOOKED classy, but with no end product. You can do all the step overs you like if you can't produce at the end, and he didn't today. He will find a completely different class of defender in the premiership who wont fall for all that step over crap!!!

That's the answer.

To be honest I can see why Fergie signed him. He clearly has natural talent, clearly. It would be ridiculous for us to pretend he's not good. However his footballing decisions were horrendous.

Again, fergie will know that already and clearly believes that's easy to coach out of him.

But yes, he was hilarious today

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
He obviously has great ability but I felt that today he was more interested in playing the "great I am, look at me, game" than actually playing for his team. He gave the impression of being someone who thinks he is too good for this league.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
he wasn't at his best today but was still decent. Im going to stick my neck out and say that he will be 1 of the best players in the world in 5 years time

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
A veritable 'Charlie Big Spuds' - who's got too big for his boots & would fall over if somebody farted an hour before KO in Hospitality.

Tosser.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly this. He was completely outclassed by Bridge and reacted by throwing his toys out of the pram on several occasions.

There's still a few rattles knocking about on the pitch! I saw highlights after game and he really has a go at Bridders who just laughs at him. ****.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Was 15m then 12m now 10m...... at this rate they'll get the 3 or 4 they deserve for the 'potential'. Hope for United fan's sake he gets a LOT better (once he pisses off obviously not before) as currently it looks like they pissed it up the wall. Honestly think he was OK before his England call up from what I'd seen but since has been utter turd the whole time and thinks he's made it.

LuaLua for what it's worth kept doing ONE stepover and leaving his marker on his arse over and over and over. His crossing was also better today. Low in the main but that's better than way over the heads of everyone. Made Zahaha look like a little kid playing at being a footballer.

WEST STAND STAN

Mar 16, 2013
I thought he was their best player, greedy though, bridge done a good job today.

Bridge asked to swap shirts with him at the end.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Greedy, petulant, diving, Palace MUG who largely lost the ball whenever anyone was daft enough to give it to him. If a neutral was told there was a £10m United winger on the pitch they would have thought it was Kazenga.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here