[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It was a decent decent strike, but the 5Live pundits suggested the keeper would have been disappointed not to get something on it, as it went right over him.

Not sure if they're being harsh or not.

View attachment 125858
He did have to lean slightly to his left to save it to be fair.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Pretty sure it must have been pointed out already but if he hadn't signed his most recent contract extension he'd probably been able to have moved by now. So either he was advised badly or was greedy for the pay rise and that has meant he is now trapped there. He made his bed and now he has to lie in it.

Until he falls out of it onto the floor and claims he was fouled.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was a decent decent strike, but the 5Live pundits suggested the keeper would have been disappointed not to get something on it, as it went right over him.

Not sure if they're being harsh or not.

View attachment 125858

Really, really harsh. But 'Kepa is suspect' is an established narrative, so they were bound to run with it.

Zaha has hit that very well indeed, and the ball swerved both ways in flight. Great strike.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Really, really harsh. But 'Kepa is suspect' is an established narrative, so they were bound to run with it.

Zaha has hit that very well indeed, and the ball swerved both ways in flight. Great strike.

Yeah that's how I saw it.

I think it's one of those where any fans, conceding that sort of goal, would be disappointed with their keeper.
Had he saved it though, it would have been considered a worldie.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surprised his major paddy at the end of the franchises embarrassing defeat to woeful Villa hasn’t been pointed out. Toys everywhere, eyes everywhere, his Grandad Roy appeared to calm him, he mouthed off at his own play Van Arncunt - looks a frustrated figure still in a terrible footballing team at the franchise of 2010 club...

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
There's a story in the sports section of The Times today, which clearly has a typo in it. Headed "Zaha can leave 'for right price'" it says "The key, Hodgson said yesterday, will come down to a club offering enough money. While the Zaha camp would no doubt hope Palace are realistic and would accept somewhere between 30 million and 40 million..."

Eh? Surely he's worth far more than that... Roy follows up by saying it all depends on what sort of offers the club receives, but if not huge, "maybe we satisfy his wishes and allow him to go after giving good service to the club for a period of time". So sounds like his leaving is a distinct possibility this transfer window, and if the club don't get the high offer they want, they'll play it off as a reward to Wilf.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Definite typo. Should be billion, not million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's a story in the sports section of The Times today, which clearly has a typo in it. Headed "Zaha can leave 'for right price'" it says "The key, Hodgson said yesterday, will come down to a club offering enough money. While the Zaha camp would no doubt hope Palace are realistic and would accept somewhere between 30 million and 40 million..."

Eh? Surely he's worth far more than that... Roy follows up by saying it all depends on what sort of offers the club receives, but if not huge, "maybe we satisfy his wishes and allow him to go after giving good service to the club for a period of time". So sounds like his leaving is a distinct possibility this transfer window, and if the club don't get the high offer they want, they'll play it off as a reward to Wilf.

They’ve said last year (and all the palace gimps on here) that it’s £90mil or nothing. To accept a penny less will make them all look incredibly stupid...

I did hear a whisper he may be off to West Ham for £7mil but not convinced on this one as seems a bit unrealistic.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Given his form this season the 'one man team' label no longer counts. They can get results over the line without him.

I suspect a further assurance was given to Dibley last summer and accordingly, the 10 year old club will be sensible and now accept a realistic offer. Who knows how the market will respond during COVID though. Let's not forget the sell on cut to ManUre. If only Beaky had shown confidence in his squad last summer, they'd be quids in. Yeah, I know, hindsight and all that but even so, great decision making.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Given his form this season the 'one man team' label no longer counts. They can get results over the line without him.

I suspect a further assurance was given to Dibley last summer and accordingly, the 10 year old club will be sensible and now accept a realistic offer. Who knows how the market will respond during COVID though. Let's not forget the sell on cut to ManUre. If only Beaky had shown confidence in his squad last summer, they'd be quids in. Yeah, I know, hindsight and all that but even so, great decision making.

I can see the twats on here from the franchise now ‘he only went for £30mil cos of covid bruv - would have been £90m easy if it wasn’t for that’ :lol:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Palace have messed the timing of selling Wilf up terribly. A poor season has seen his value plummet and unlikely any of the top sides will be interested unless its around the £30m mark.

Hillarious that Ben White could be valued higher without ever playing in the Prem.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I hope he now does a “Gareth Bale” and refuses to go anywhere whilst winding Palace fans up by being happy to sit on the bench or out of the squad as he runs his contract down, and pocketing a small fortune every week.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Palace have messed the timing of selling Wilf up terribly. A poor season has seen his value plummet and unlikely any of the top sides will be interested unless its around the £30m mark.

Hillarious that Ben White could be valued higher without ever playing in the Prem.

Even without Covid they were always likely to screw this up.

A year older.
Still playing in a shite team.
Earning £125k week.
No motivation after getting shafted.

A perfect recipe for a shite season.

palace need to open up the ring fence and see if there's any change left after building the stand.
Any money to offset Zahahahaha's transfer has to be better than no transfer.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here we go. The annual saga kicks off again.

Zaha lets it be known that he'd welcome a move to a decent club.

Palace announce they're not looking to sell.

Zaha thinks he's in with a shot at one of the top six.

Everton make the only bid.

Palace say they're looking for £85m.

Everyone else laughs.

Zaha puts in a transfer request.

Nobody is arsed.

Zaha is sheepishly forced into backtracking and telling Palace fans how much he's always loved the club.

Plays crap for the first ten games.

Scores a tap in against Southampton- they all love him again..

Repeat every single close season for ten years.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Here we go. The annual saga kicks off again.

Zaha lets it be known that he'd welcome a move to a decent club.

Palace announce they're not looking to sell.

Zaha thinks he's in with a shot at one of the top six.

Everton make the only bid.

Palace say they're looking for £85m.

Everyone else laughs.

Zaha puts in a transfer request.

Nobody is arsed.

Zaha is sheepishly forced into backtracking and telling Palace fans how much he's always loved the club.

Plays crap for the first ten games.

Scores a tap in against Southampton- they all love him again..

Repeat every single close season for ten years.
Don't forget Zaha's annual pay rise.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
...and a new contract for Benteke.

Apparently Benteke has broken a bone in his foot.

I can't be caused by him kicking a ball, so he's either dropped his wallet or the SEGW has fallen on it practising his triple salchow's with double pike in training.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports