Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Arsenal simply can’t afford him, they somehow have no money.

They had £231 million in their bank account in the most recent accounts.

77603f4391ac487873deabea05791c2f.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So if Arsenal paid £80m, then that would make a 35% dent in their £231m "savings".

Not sure I'd blow 35% of my savings on an overly-emotional, flaky, inconsistent grasping crybaby who'd have very little resale value by the end of his next deal.

Looks like he's stuck where he is, sulking his way to the bank.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So if Arsenal paid £80m, then that would make a 35% dent in their £231m "savings".

Not sure I'd blow 35% of my savings on an overly-emotional, flaky, inconsistent grasping crybaby who'd have very little resale value by the end of his next deal.

Looks like he's stuck where he is, sulking his way to the bank.

Plus commitment to a further £1m per month in wages, bonuses, taxes and sundry costs...

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wan-Bissaka is a 21-year-old right-back with limited experience and no international caps; Zaha is a 26-year-old winger with vast experience and a full international.

Got to chuckle. Vastly experienced with 13 caps, completely omits that it's for the Ivory coast ranked 55th Vs AWB on the England books ranked 4th.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hmmm.

Arsenal could go for Zaha...

-but will pay a massive premium due to the fact Palace are keen to spin the line that they don't need to sell him
-and equally huge wages to top the £130k/wk he's already on
-and get a player who misses ten to fifteen matches per season with muscle strains
-who they'll lose regularly to international duty, thousands of miles away
-who has previously annoyed referees and opponents by falsely claiming they're victimising him
-who has a track record of failing at a big club
-who is a tricky winger and no more, who is easily wound up by opposing fans

Or they could go after Ryan Fraser of Bournemouth.

-who is younger than Zaha
-who is not injury prone
-who would cost less, both in wages and in transfer fees
-who would probably be itching for the opportunity to make a name for himself at a club like Arsenal in a league he's already been a success for Bournemouth in (a little like Andy Robertson maybe)
-who is Scottish, thus ensuring his summers won't be disrupted by things like World Cups or European Championships
-whose reputation for diving hasn't quite reached that of Zaha's yet
-who is more of an all round footballer than the one trick (repeated fifteen times) pony.

I'd take Fraser at the Albion like a shot (not that we'd be in the game to buy him, you understand): I think he's a great footballer and a game changer when he's on the ball.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
My understanding in relation to Liverpool is that there is no interest, partly because they would not want to be seen to be giving any money to Mancester United, and partly because Klopp wants to recruit for other positions in the team.

Well, my understanding in relation to Liverpool is that they have a ‘no dickhead’ policy similar to ours which essentially rules out a transfer of ANY player from Palace to Liverpool including Mr Tumble.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Be interesting to see if CPFC splash the cash or self-implode if Zaha goes as well

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be interesting to see if CPFC splash the cash or self-implode if Zaha goes as well

There's lots of different direction the cash could travel in.
It's hard to think Player Recruitment is at the top of the list.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Hmmm.

I think Arsenal need more home grown players, which Zaha is but Fraser isn't:
They've lost Ramsey and Welbeck and brought in two non-home grown players. Chambers is back from Fulham, but I don't think any of their U21s are of age yet so they're still a HG player down.

But you make many good points :clap:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Hmmm.

-but will pay a massive premium due to the fact Palace are keen to spin the line that they don't need to sell him
-and equally huge wages to top the £130k/wk he's already on
-and get a player who misses ten to fifteen matches per season with muscle strains
-who they'll lose regularly to international duty, thousands of miles away
-who has previously annoyed referees and opponents by falsely claiming they're victimising him
-who has a track record of failing at a big club
-who is a tricky winger and no more, who is easily wound up by opposing fans

-who is younger than Zaha
-who is not injury prone
-who would cost less, both in wages and in transfer fees
-who would probably be itching for the opportunity to make a name for himself at a club like Arsenal in a league he's already been a success for Bournemouth in (a little like Andy Robertson maybe)
-who is Scottish, thus ensuring his summers won't be disrupted by things like World Cups or European Championships
-whose reputation for diving hasn't quite reached that of Zaha's yet
-who is more of an all round footballer than the one trick (repeated fifteen times) pony.

I'd take Fraser at the Albion like a shot (not that we'd be in the game to buy him, you understand): I think he's a great footballer and a game changer when he's on the ball.

Great points...also worth adding to the list that VAR might have an impact on the number of penalties he wins in a season.......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here