Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It really isn’t.

On the other hand, your defence of the indefensible speaks volumes.

I’m out from this thread, I’ll leave you all and Dougie to waste further bandwidth on the subject.

You’ll need to scroll near the bottom of this but if you want to read hundreds of other articles on abusive stereotypes of African Amercans, just type ‘fried chicken’ and ‘blacks’ into google.

And then apologise for your uninformed, ignorant, racist supporting post.

Your passionate defence of racism, just because it was called by Dougie, speaks volumes.

You've really let yourself down here.
Either you haven't read the context from which the original statement came from, or you have just decided to defend one of your own regardless.

Yes someone could make a comment about chicken shops and mean it in a racist way, but for most people that requires additional context.
None of which existed in the original exchange.

Most Sussex-dwelling folk don't make the connection between Race and fried chicken shops.
As a south londoner ( for the last 25 years) I'm probably more aware of the possibility of intended racism from the comment.
But in Sussex it really isn't as synonymous as you think.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Anyway.... back on topic

If Zaha does go to Arsenal it should solve their financial problems at a stroke.
Gets the biggest earner off the books and clears the debt to Liverpool.
They should still have enough in the squad to keep them up.

It is the sensible thing to do.
Not sure Parish will want it portrayed that way, because most of their fans will want to see all of the money reinvested in the team.
He always seems more interested in being portrayed as a Super-fan rather than a skilled chairman.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It could get very ugly at palace if the yanks decide to asset strip out the Wan Bissaka and Zaha cash as the profit on their investment.

I wonder how much they will settle for as a return on Wilf ? Perhaps they prefer a quick sale ?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Why is that racist, casual or otherwise? Do you think only black people eat fried chicken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which is why I’m looking to the mods. I’ve been given infraction notices for some genuine mistakes but I’ve never called other posters a racist for remarking on fried chicken.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
context
/ˈkɒntɛkst/
noun
the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.
I thought you were out of this.

You clowns seriously have no class. I happen to like a bit of fried Chicken. Wilfs mum and Dad love it so much they honoured it in his name.

I’m clearly Black and his Mum was a racist.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As far as I can understand it, Parish doesn't want to sell the SEGW because he needs to attract new investors to buy out the Yanks who want out.

His logic is that Palace is a more "attractive" (sic) proposition to a potential investor with Zaha, than without him.

While I can see some sense in that, the problem is that the SEGW has already made it clear he wants out.

So any value Parish might have had in pitching to prospective investors that "we've got Zaha, he's worth £160m* and is a key club asset" is already failing any due diligence test: any potential investor can see that the SEGW isn't committed to Palace, wants out, and is likely to go at any point. So painting him as a fully-owned, committed, long-term asset that will underpin the appeal and value of investing in Palace is kinda shot to pieces already.

* I've lost track of the current valuation, as it seemingly goes up £20–30m a day.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I feel sorry for palace fans, our relationship with them is very much a one way street.

They have Parish we have Bloom.
They have Selhurst we have The AMEX.
They have Roy we have one of the most interesting young managers, in the business.
They have Roy we had one of the most assured respected managers in the business.
They have a training 'facility' that failed basic food hygiene we have Lancing.

Now this

Any other club would attempt to keep a transfer in house.
Quietly go about it's business and do the deal.

Yet we get days upon days of throwing stones into their bucket of sick.
We have money to laugh at, ownership to laugh at, agents to laugh at and of course players to laugh at, all of which seems undefendable by their own fans.

At the same time the Albion is just professionally going about being a football club.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
As far as I can understand it, Parish doesn't want to sell the SEGW because he needs to attract new investors to buy out the Yanks who want out.

His logic is that Palace is a more "attractive" (sic) proposition to a potential investor with Zaha, than without him.

While I can see some sense in that, the problem is that the SEGW has already made it clear he wants out.

So any value Parish might have had in pitching to prospective investors that "we've got Zaha, he's worth £160m* and is a key club asset" is already failing any due diligence test: any potential investor can see that the SEGW isn't committed to Palace, wants out, and is likely to go at any point. So painting him as a fully-owned, committed, long-term asset that will underpin the appeal and value of investing in Palace is kinda shot to pieces already.

* I've lost track of the current valuation, as it seemingly goes up £20–30m a day.

This is the Beautiful part Palace seem to have based their entire “investment” package offer on the form and availability of one Player. (Well, 2 if you count the now departed AWB) so have elected to make his transfer either prohibitively, ludicrously, expensive or impossible via contracture.

All this assumes that:

He NEVER gets injured. I agree it’s unlikely as he never ACTUALLY gets fouled. But when he tweaks his stepover muscle they do tend to struggle.

He never has his head turned by a hitherto unknown love for Arsenal.

One of these nightmare scenarios has come to pass...so now Mr “I have no penis” Parish is left scrabbling about for a solution that doesn’t have torch waving Palace villagers marching on Castle Prickula or Wilf going on some victim inspired form strike.

They are going to end up losing him physically or spiritually.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I feel sorry for palace fans, our relationship with them is very much a one way street.

They have Parish we have Bloom.
They have Selhurst we have The AMEX.
They have Roy we have one of the most interesting young managers, in the business.
They have Roy we had one of the most assured respected managers in the business.
They have a training 'facility' that failed basic food hygiene we have Lancing.

Now this

Any other club would attempt to keep a transfer in house.
Quietly go about it's business and do the deal.

Yet we get days upon days of throwing stones into their bucket of sick.
We have money to laugh at, ownership to laugh at, agents to laugh at and of course players to laugh at, all of which seems undefendable by their own fans.

At the same time the Albion is just professionally going about being a football club.

The only one in your list that is open to question is on the manager front. We HOPE GP is the man to take us forward. Say what you like about Hodgson, he is a proven Premier League manager.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shouldn't all this kerfuffle have been ironed out 12 months ago at contract extension o'clock?

I distinctly remember them up the road saying words to the effect of 'he'll give us this last season and can leave next year (now) in high standing with no ill will'.

Or not as the case maybe.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The only one in your list that is open to question is on the manager front. We HOPE GP is the man to take us forward. Say what you like about Hodgson, he is a proven Premier League manager.
Who is tactically showing his age.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I know it’s a bit early, but does anyone else fancy a KFC?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Which is why I’m looking to the mods. I’ve been given infraction notices for some genuine mistakes but I’ve never called other posters a racist for remarking on fried chicken.

Are you really trying to argue that “black people love fried chicken” isn’t a pretty common racist stereotype?

I mean I don’t think it’s the worst crime ever, but it’s pretty understandable that you’ve been called out on it. It’s the same as that video of some of our fans chanting that Zaha has malaria. Yeah you can argue it’s not racist because white people get malaria too but the context makes it very clear.

:shrug:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I know it’s a bit early, but does anyone else fancy a KFC?

I'm in! Could just smash a Zinger burger in right now.

But unfortunately I'm caucasian so I'm not allowed under Palace rules. Gutted.

Oh, hold on. I don't live in Croydon so I guess being white doesn't actually preclude me from buying chicken? Does it? It's all a bit confusing.

Wouldn't want to be called racist......

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Are you really trying to argue that “black people love fried chicken” isn’t a pretty common racist stereotype?

I mean I don’t think it’s the worst crime ever, but it’s pretty understandable that you’ve been called out on it. It’s the same as that video of some of our fans chanting that Zaha has malaria. Yeah you can argue it’s not racist because white people get malaria too but the context makes it very clear.

:shrug:

Read the thread FFS. He didn't say anything about black people!!! The irony that Mr Letdown quoted context. The context was absolutely nothing to do with race.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If Arsenal’s bid for Mr Tumble is spread over 5 years has now been called paying for him on an Argos plan, what was the deal Palace got from Liverpool to pay for Benteke? Don’t they still owe a hefty amount on him to the scousers? They bought him3 years ago now, how long does an Argos warranty last, can they get their money back as he is not fit for purpose?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here