Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

theboybilly

I can see this going to the wire. Arsenal don't have to up any bid, they can just bide their time all the time they are the only interested club. It's Wilf that will start getting twitchy as the window closure approaches. In the meantime Arsenal can get on with solving all their other problems (getting rid of dead wood, buying new defenders - that sort of thing) If the window closes with Zaha still at Selhurst he will be royally brassed off. It's now or never for him to have a chance to make a real impact on the game otherwise he will be quickly forgotten outside SE25 .

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can see this going to the wire. Arsenal don't have to up any bid, they can just bide their time all the time they are the only interested club. It's Wilf that will start getting twitchy as the window closure approaches. In the meantime Arsenal can get on with solving all their other problems (getting rid of dead wood, buying new defenders - that sort of thing) If the window closes with Zaha still at Selhurst he will be royally brassed off. It's now or never for him to have a chance to make a real impact on the game otherwise he will be quickly forgotten outside SE25 .

I'd love to see that!

Last minute transfer, Palace don't have time to strengthen and waste the Zaha money in January on dogshit. Get relegated. Zaha flops at the big club (standard).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The three stages of Wilf:

- Wants to play in the Champions League - https://www.skysports.com/transfer/...alace-over-desire-to-play-in-champions-league
- Lowers his sights and wants to go to Arsenal for some Thursday night action in Ukraine - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...t-join-Arsenal-club-supported-growing-up.html
- Lowers them even further and declares he is happy to stay at Palace and help the club's quest for European football (or avoid relegation again)
Repeat every summer...

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As someone whose posts I usually respect, this is poor.

Read the thread.

There has been zero comment re race. Apart from some idiotic Palace goons taking exception to being put in their place (as per) and desperately trying to call people racist for pointing out that Parish has invested in some takeaways and that Croydon is a shithole.

Nothing to do with the colour of anyone's skin.

You've fallen into the Palace fishing net unfortunately.

OK. That helps.

As I said, I had no idea where it originated from, and couldn't see where due to the thread length. You've assured me that there's no link and I'm more than happy with that (not that my opinion matters anymore than anyone else I might add.)

Hopefully, we're all good.

Not my intention to cast unwarranted accusations at all.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Following your line of reasoning, perhaps you could riddle me this:

The forum were discussing the financial chicanery of your Chairman, Wilfs agent and even Glann Murray’s involvement in a chain of Chicken outlets in London. This episode led to Glann getting arrested at dawn in a police raid.

I said that London, especially south London has already got a LOT of access to fried chicken thereby implying that this venture seems ill advised. Even if we overlook the fraud aspect and focus entirely on market saturation.

Your mate says that makes me a racist.

What colour is the sky on your world?

Then I got the wrong end of the stick, hold my hands up and apologise.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Then I got the wrong end of the stick, hold my hands up and apologise.

The lord loves a sinner come to his understanding.

Now, perhaps you can ask Dougie to act the man and apologise for accusing me of racism when, clearly, that was totally out of order and sanity can reign once more.

I’m happy, deleriously so, that we let Palace fans come on here and give us their opinion. But free speech comes at a cost. That means that accusations of racism, spurious ones at that, are NOT o.k. It’s just low.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
OK. That helps.

As I said, I had no idea where it originated from, and couldn't see where due to the thread length. You've assured me that there's no link and I'm more than happy with that (not that my opinion matters anymore than anyone else I might add.)

Hopefully, we're all good.

Not my intention to cast unwarranted accusations at all.
Of course, no worries mate. Just didn't want people to be poisoned by the Palace lies.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Of course, no worries mate. Just didn't want people to be poisoned by the Palace lies.

Oh. And thanks to you for your interest.

I’ve had a lot of support from posters over this. I appreciate it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The lord loves a sinner come to his understanding.

Now, perhaps you can ask Dougie to act the man and apologise for accusing me of racism when, clearly, that was totally out of order and sanity can reign once more.

I’m happy, delioursly so, that we let Palace fans come on here and give us their opinion. But free speech comes at a cost. That means that accusations of racism, spurious ones at that, are NOT o.k. It’s just low.
Indeed. And Mr Letdown has accused me of being a racism apologist for pointing out that Dougie was talking shite.

Funny how they've disappeared after being called out for spurious nonsense and unfounded insults.

Or rather, it's standard for the Palace GOON squad.

I doubt you'll get an apology, however deserved it is. It's not in their nature.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Lack of Nigel’s on here and Doogle’s usual defence mechanism tell me they’re GUTTED with his and didn’t expect it. The saviour has thrown his toys and turned on the franchise followed and become a billy big bollocks again.... a sour taste that will never be forgotten - just like what our Glenn did to them - it’s a marvellous rival to have!!!! Making us laugh since 2010 :)

There's so much wrong with this post, I feel I must be being whooshed somewhere. What Glenn did to them? Since 2010? Are you sure?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The three stages of Wilf:

- Wants to play in the Champions League - https://www.skysports.com/transfer/...alace-over-desire-to-play-in-champions-league
- Lowers his sights and wants to go to Arsenal for some Thursday night action in Ukraine - https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...t-join-Arsenal-club-supported-growing-up.html
- Lowers them even further and declares he is happy to stay at Palace and help the club's quest for European football (or avoid relegation again)

...and the five stages of grief

Denial
He'll never leave us, he's one of the world's best, he's Palace through and through.

Anger

He wants to leave? Why? Why would anybody want to leave Selhurst? Greedy Judas snake. He was always massively overrated anyway. No end product. Dives too much. Townsend is better.

Bargaining
He probably didn't really want to leave: it's others who've turned his head. I hope he succeeds at Arsenal, then it will vindicate us all. We can use the fee to make a bid for Aubameyang and Harry Maguire.

Depression

****ing hell, we have a strike force of Wickham, Sorloth and Benteke. Why won't Parish spend the money?

Acceptance

This is the year that Connor Wickham finally stays fit and scores 25 goals. I can feel it. The new singing section will make all the difference. Wilf who?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
"Crystal Palace have been left incensed by Arsenal's approach to sign Ivory Coast winger Wilfried Zaha.

The Gunners have offered £40m, which will not even be considered.

Palace value Zaha at around £80m and are furious with Arsenal for what they believe to be a ham-fisted attempt to destabilise the Ivorian and secure a cut-price deal.

They would expect a drastically higher fee than the £50m Manchester United paid them for Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

Wan-Bissaka is a 21-year-old right-back with limited experience and no international caps; Zaha is a 26-year-old winger with vast experience and a full international.

Zaha signed a new five-year contract last summer, which recognised his importance to the team and club by making him by far the highest-paid player in Palace history.

Given the player had been keen to leave at that point, the agreement was reached on the basis that the Eagles had not received any credible offers and the understanding that if the situation changed in the future they would let him leave.

Palace's stance on that has not altered - they will reluctantly sanction Zaha's departure if the price is right, but they do not view Arsenal's bid as credible.

A key issue for Palace is the sell-on clause inserted into Zaha's contract when he returned to south London from Manchester United for around £6m in 2015, which entitles the Red Devils to 25% of any profit if Zaha exits Selhurst Park.

Although Zaha's brother has publicly pleaded with Palace to reach an agreement with Arsenal, in order for the winger to "realise his dream of playing European football for the club he has supported since childhood" - the Eagles are unmoved.

Palace believe Arsenal's method in this case is outdated and naive.

They have no intention of lowering their valuation and are confident that Zaha's relationship with the club is long-standing and strong enough to ensure he resumes his duties without a problem if a move does not come to fruition."

The club that just keeps on giving :laugh:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
...and the five stages of grief

Denial
He'll never leave us, he's one of the world's best, he's Palace through and through.

Anger

He wants to leave? Why? Why would anybody want to leave Selhurst? Greedy Judas snake. He was always massively overrated anyway. No end product. Dives too much. Townsend is better.

Bargaining
He probably didn't really want to leave: it's others who've turned his head. I hope he succeeds at Arsenal, then it will vindicate us all. We can use the fee to make a bid for Aubameyang and Harry Maguire.

Depression

****ing hell, we have a strike force of Wickham, Sorloth and Benteke. Why won't Parish spend the money?

Acceptance

This is the year that Connor Wickham finally stays fit and scores 25 goals. I can feel it. The new singing section will make all the difference. Wilf who?

The Palace Knock Knock joke.

*knock knock*

“Who’s there?”

“Wilf”

“Wilf who?”

“That’s Palace for you”

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Utd have just offered £70m for Harry Maguire...

...palace might have a point. :lol:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
If chicken is racism then I guess Kaz and his like of a Nando's which has been posted here on a regular basis in the past must also be seen as 'casual' racism. Ridiculous nonsense, never heard anything like it, in fact I've never heard of chicken being racist and I did spend ten years in London, and a year in South Carolina. Seriously never in my mind of minds have I ever heard such claptrap. Just for clarity can someone list all these hidden racist quotes so I know when not to tread on hot coals please.

Regards.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
If chicken is racism then I guess Kaz and his like of a Nando's which has been posted here on a regular basis in the past must also be seen as 'casual' racism. Ridiculous nonsense, never heard anything like it, in fact I've never heard of chicken being racist and I did spend ten years in London, and a year in South Carolina. Seriously never in my mind of minds have I ever heard such claptrap. Just for clarity can someone list all these hidden racist quotes so I know when not to tread on hot coals please.

Regards.

That all depends if you hit a nerve by daring to comment on the dodgy dealings at Oddity Roudaheights F.C.

Then you’re as racist as constable Savage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here