Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Zaha watch - *** The SEGW finally managed to escape***

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
What honesty from brother Tumble! I wonder what his cut of the deal is?

This whole saga is brilliant entertainment for the Summer!

Rumours are that Palace favourite son will consider striking to get his move and may not even turn up for training.

The natives are starting to turn on him.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’ve even resorted to the mods...and I have NEVER gone bleating to them.

Ironically I like having Dougie and SE20 on here as..I know this sounds shit...it makes me feel better that we don’t confine them to an “away end” as it demonstrates we have a more robust fan base that can stand oppo.on our boards. This is properly taking the piss though.

I know what you mean. It works far better on here this way with it open to everyone. The away end on the BBS gets INCREDIBLY repetitive, with the same handful of posters parroting the same repetitive drivel in a loop, on threads that are literally years old. There was still some fun to be had engaging with a bit of reasonably good-natured (hesitates to use the word) "banter". But then some on there tend to get very personal in order to pointscore, even pulling the racism card. I've also seen paedo, tramp, alcoholic routinely banded about on there. I have a thick enough skin not to be bothered by it, but I've been banned a couple of times now (presumably I still am), and certainly don't miss it.

Its a bit like a smelly pond or swamp. You might wander over now and then to peer into it out of curiosity, just to poke about a bit and see if anythings moving. But you wouldn't want to hang around too long.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I know what you mean. It works far better on here this way with it open to everyone. The away end on the BBS gets INCREDIBLY repetitive, with the same handful of posters parroting the same repetitive drivel in a loop, on threads that are literally years old. There was still some fun to be had engaging with a bit of reasonably good-natured (hesitates to use the word) "banter". But then some on there tend to get very personal in order to pointscore, even pulling the racism card. I've also seen paedo, tramp, alcoholic banded about on there. I have a thick enough skin not to be bothered by it, but I've been banned a couple of times now (presumably I still am), and certainly don't miss it.

Its a bit like a smelly pond or swamp. You might wander over now and then to peer into it out of curiosity, just to poke about a bit and see if anythings moving. But you wouldn't want to hang around too long.

I really don’t mind all the other shit, the nonsense and gibberish is just knockabout. But. With an Indian ex wife and an Anglo Indian son I really don’t appreciate the allegation of racism, casual or otherwise, as..frankly..shit sticks.

I wouldn’t dream of accusing anyone of racism without absolutely nailed on intent. I don’t even go along with the “pikey” jibes so beloved by some as, frankly, I like to think I can think of better insults to hurl.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I really don’t mind all the other shit, the nonsense and gibberish is just knockabout. But. With an Indian ex wife and an Anglo Indian son I really don’t appreciate the allegation of racism, casual or otherwise, as..frankly..shit sticks.

I wouldn’t dream of accusing anyone of racism without absolutely nailed on intent. I don’t even go along with the “pikey” jibes so beloved by some as, frankly, I like to think I can think of better insults to hurl.

Likewise. And I've never understood the "pikey" jibe at them either tbh, because as far as I can see its not actually based on anything, so it doesn't really make a lot of sense. You'll never have seen me posting pictures of caravans or whatnot, or calling them pikeys. Its just a rather unimaginative derogatory term to throw around.

I did get reported to the mods by someone on there once for calling them a "catastrophic felching cockspangle", which they seemed to take exception to. Its a term of endearment in my house though :shrug:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Rumours are that Palace favourite son will consider striking to get his move and may not even turn up for training.

The natives are starting to turn on him.

I’ve been predicting this very scenario for a while now.

Now that his brother has chimed in...his brother who is an “advisor” to Wilfs agents firm..makes this outcome almost inevitable.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Likewise, I've never understood the "pikey" jibe at them tbh, because as far as I can see its not actually based on anything, so it doesn't really make a lot of sense. You'll never have seen me posting pictures of caravans or whatnot, or calling them pikeys. Its just a rather unimaginative derogatory term to throw around.

I did get reported to the mods by someone on there once for calling them a "catastrophic felching cockspangle", which they seemed to take exception to. Its a term of endearment in my house though :shrug:

My personal favourite of yours is “spacktoid” it melds my favourite playground insult with something of the 21st century.

A nice piece of work.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
:D

The cocksnoggers up the road must be losing their shit with this.

£40M? No way. Must be a typo, fat finger syndrome, hit 4 instead of 7. Missed a 0 off the end?

So the Wan-Bissaka money will cover last year's loss and the balance owed to Liverpool for Ben 10 the goal machine tailor? At least they got a big earner off their books. Oh.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Seems like there is a lot of noise about this transfer, I think it'll happen although Arsenal will need to up the bid. Palace will have done pretty well out of Zaha, he's been their top performer for years, kept them in the PL and if he goes they'd have had two decent transfer fees for him.

I'm sure they'll take his depature with good grace and wish him all the best following his dream.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lack of Nigel’s on here and Doogle’s usual defence mechanism tell me they’re GUTTED with his and didn’t expect it. The saviour has thrown his toys and turned on the franchise followed and become a billy big bollocks again.... a sour taste that will never be forgotten - just like what our Glenn did to them - it’s a marvellous rival to have!!!! Making us laugh since 2010 :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Lack of Nigel’s on here and Doogle’s usual defence mechanism tell me they’re GUTTED with his and didn’t expect it. The saviour has thrown his toys and turned on the franchise followed and become a billy big bollocks again.... a sour taste that will never be forgotten - just like what our Glenn did to them - it’s a marvellous rival to have!!!! Making us laugh since 2010 :)

Haha @ the HahArsenal???

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Palace value Zaha at £120m according to the Sun.

Reading that I thought it was a new series on Comedy Central.
So the second highest transfer fee of all time behind Neymar, £31 million MORE than Hazard to Real.

:lolol:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
EBB453D5-F9D7-4613-A10F-ABAB95A82F85.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here