Zaha charged by the FA [was: could be banned]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I think that is commonly referred to as the 'if my granny had balls she'd be my grandad' transfer. I'm not bitter, I wish we had a £10m loan player on our books.

You're basically implying that the chances of us getting an additional £5 million for him are small or even non-existent. That simply isn't true.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Re: Zaha could be banned

You're basically implying that the chances of us getting an additional £5 million for him are small or even non-existent. That simply isn't true.

Presumably you've seen the contract yourself then?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No but Parish has confirmed the add on's are worth £5 million and are 'very achievable'.

Sorry, but I find it hard to believe anything said by a supposedly professional individual who resorts to threatening fans of his own team on Internet messageboards.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He won't be banned ! As for you that criminally under rate him well, I find that baffling really. The greatest manager in British football history, who has been manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world for over a quarter of a century reckons he's worth £15m. That'll do for me I think.

Put just one man on him and you're ****ed - put 2 on and he'll still do you plenty of times.

And surely you saw him at the Amwx last season when he wasn't as good as he is now ? How many Brighton players did he go past before planting it in the bottom corner ?

Best winger in the championship by a country mile.

£10 MILLION.
£10,000,000.
That's what you've been paid for Zaha.

NOT £15m. You MIGHT eventually get £12m, or even £13.5m, in a few years time. You've been paid £10m. Zaha was sold for £10m.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
No but Parish has confirmed the add on's are worth £5 million and are 'very achievable'.

Ahh why didn't you mention this before, we needn't have had this debate then! If Parish has confirmed it then that is the concrete proof we needed. I concede defeat, Zaha is NOT a £10m transfer but a £10m transfer with a bonus that may or may not happen, but probably will because Parish said so and he never lies....ever, lets just make everyone clear on that please, Parish tells the truth all the time, no lying or half truths from Stevie boy, he is honest as the day is long. £15m it is then (apart obviously from the £5m you haven't got yet but might as it is 'achievable'.) Trust Parish, he's a truthful honest guy.

BHAFC_AMEX

Feb 5, 2011
Your jealousy is palpable.

The best part is that we've got Jon Williams coming through who, when he is eventually sold, will probably go for even more! All over the papers last week that City will put in an opening bid of £8m this summer :bowdown:

Last time I checked, 8 million is less than 10/15 million.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he doesn't make it at United, then we have mugged them. Win win.

You already have mugged them and won. £10m is UNBELIEVABLE business for Palace.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Ahh why didn't you mention this before, we needn't have had this debate then! If Parish has confirmed it then that is the concrete proof we needed. I concede defeat, Zaha is NOT a £10m transfer but a £10m transfer with a bonus that may or may not happen, but probably will because Parish said so and he never lies....ever, lets just make everyone clear on that please, Parish tells the truth all the time, no lying or half truths from Stevie boy, he is honest as the day is long. £15m it is then (apart obviously from the £5m you haven't got yet but might as it is 'achievable'.) Trust Parish, he's a truthful honest guy.

Is that the guy who told the football world that Palace will have a new stadium at the NSC within 5 years
How's that little project going 5 zero?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Thats him , the same Steve Parish who claimed Dougie wouldn't leave and they wouldn't sell Zaha in January for anything less than £20million. He doesn't lie though, can I make that absolutely CRYSTAL clear, Steve Parish does not lie.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think that is commonly referred to as the 'if my granny had balls she'd be my grandad' transfer. I'm not bitter, I wish we had a £10m loan player on our books.

Wayne bridge ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I love how Palace fans refer to Bridge, Kusz, Bruno as "has beens" and old etc. You are aware they're all around 30-32, not 35-37, right? Most players "prime" is generally regarded as around 26-29, for goalies it's later.

They're still absolute quality players, and that's why we're statistically the hardest team to beat in the whole division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports