Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha charged by the FA [was: could be banned]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
look, he's good there's no denying it and a class above most in this league. but will he turn into a top premier league player, just because ManU paid 10m for him? no, it means they think he has potential to, nothing more. i think they were goaded into buying him because of the interest from others, that is to say they rate him but over paid. i'm not sure he's going to suit ManU and will have a hard time getting first team games there. it'll be a test of character how he deals with that,

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zaha could be banned

Depending on how well he does, "Winifred" as you call him could end up costing United well over £20m.

You posted the Fergie has spent £15m, he hasn't. Palarse fan who can't tell the difference between 10 and 15. Funny that.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You posted the Fergie has spent £15m, he hasn't. Palarse fan who can't tell the difference between 10 and 15. Funny that.

Your jealousy is palpable.

The best part is that we've got Jon Williams coming through who, when he is eventually sold, will probably go for even more! All over the papers last week that City will put in an opening bid of £8m this summer :bowdown:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Depending on how well he does, "Winifred" as you call him could end up costing United well over £20m.

The add-ons are all dependent on first team appearances , England call ups , Champions League appearances etc which may bring in £5M over several years. Winifred would have to be sold for £30M+ for Man United to write an extra £5M cheque payable to CPFC. If he doesn't make it at Man United then all the add-on bonus payments are meaningless.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
The add-ons are all dependent on first team appearances , England call ups , Champions League appearances etc which may bring in £5M over several years. Winifred would have to be sold for £30M+ for Man United to write an extra £5M cheque payable to CPFC. If he doesn't make it at Man United then all the add-on bonus payments are meaningless.

£5m over several years isn't what has been suggested. Indications have been that we'll be seeing £5m very soon after he starts playing for United.

If he doesn't make it at United I'll be very surprised. The boy has incredible talent and should go all the way.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
£5m over several years isn't what has been suggested. Indications have been that we'll be seeing £5m very soon after he starts playing for United.

"indications" you are seeing are blinkered. the whole point is the buyer sweetening the deal for a lower initial payment. they often dont expect or want to pay those fees and structure them accordingly, they would hardly put in clauses that would pay soon after joining.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
How does £10m, plus £5m in add ons equal £20 million?

Strange.

£5m in "very achievable" addons, then further addons that aren't so easily achievable.

Unfortunately not all football transfers are as simple as you appear to be.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
£5m in "very achievable" addons, then further addons that aren't so easily achievable.

Unfortunately not all football transfers are as simple as you appear to be.

You mentioned nothing about further add-ons. It was your post that was unclear.

Either way, BBC, Guardian, Football 365, and almost every other source all say a maximum of £15m. But i suppose an extra £5m added on with nothing to back the fact up is nothing eh.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
You mentioned nothing about further add-ons. It was your post that was unclear.

Either way, BBC, Guardian, Football 365, and almost every other source all say a maximum of £15m. But i suppose an extra £5m added on with nothing to back the fact up is nothing eh.

I'd rather listen to our chairmen than Football 365.

Sorry for assuming that you had done a very limited amount of research before commenting on something.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Your jealousy is palpable.

The best part is that we've got Jon Williams coming through who, when he is eventually sold, will probably go for even more! All over the papers last week that City will put in an opening bid of £8m this summer :bowdown:

Don't kid yourself, with FFP coming into play you will be lucky to see 10m for him. So before opening that big mouth of yours, try putting that thing you call a brain (peanut) in to gear first.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Don't kid yourself, with FFP coming into play you will be lucky to see 10m for him. So before opening that big mouth of yours, try putting that thing you call a brain (peanut) in to gear first.

Why, exactly? Palace are in good shape for FFP coming in. Our owners can't wait, they think it'll be a very good thing for football and will have a minimal effect on us.

We were told that we'd get £5m for Wilfried by some of the morons on here. I notice they're a little quieter now. Dealing exclusively in attendances most of the time!

I also like that you're mocking the fact that in your opinion we'll only get £10m for him. As if you're in any position to laugh at a club that has produced two players worth a combined £20m+ in a couple of years! ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If he doesn't make it at United I'll be very surprised. The boy has incredible talent and should go all the way.

I can't see any club paying out straight away , logically it would be over the length of the contract eg a payment triggered for 50 first team appearances , another payment for 100 first team appearances etc.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
I can't see any club paying out straight away , logically it would be over the length of the contract eg a payment triggered for 50 first team appearances , another payment for 100 first team appearances etc.

No idea. The only information we can really trust is what our chairmen have let on, which isn't much, but we know that they negotiated for a very long time and because there was so much interest in Wilfried, we were able to get a very good deal that suited us down to the ground.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
No idea. The only information we can really trust is what our chairmen have let on, which isn't much, but we know that they negotiated for a very long time and because there was so much interest in Wilfried, we were able to get a very good deal that suited us down to the ground.

Do you believe EVERYTHING your chairmen say? They're hardly going to say 'we were fleeced, don't worry about it', are they?

I should say, I'm not saying you were fleeced. Just wondering if you always believe their statements.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'd rather listen to our chairmen than Football 365.

Sorry for assuming that you had done a very limited amount of research before commenting on something.

I rather take the facts from Sir Alex Ferguson who signed Winifred but all the specific details are between the two clubs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

CPFC2010 are a bit like smarmy politicians though , they like a bit of spin :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here