Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zaha charged by the FA [was: could be banned]

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
I think the point is its £10m up front, £5m on appearances and I think we've got a 20% sell-on clause, which if he does well, after playing for Man Utd could well be another £5m. Lot of ifs in there, especially for someone unproven above championship level. Lets not kid ourselves, the step up from Champ to Prem is BIG. The step up from Crystal Palace to Manchester United is even bigger.

But he does have an awful lot of talent and consistently shows it, despite his 'after England' dip in form. For me he just needs to do things more quickly, attack at pace and get past players and get the ball in. He seems to like slowing to a stop and then doing players. All very clever and talented, but by then everyone is marked so the ball can be cleared ! But when he does it at pace its devastating and his passing has got so much better. If anyone can make him into a truly great player its Ferguson, but a long way to go. Amazing player to have in a champ team though - the sort of skill you go to football for, when he gets the ball everyone stands up.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Zaha could be banned

I think the point is its £10m up front, £5m on appearances and I think we've got a 20% sell-on clause, which if he does well, after playing for Man Utd could well be another £5m. Lot of ifs in there, especially for someone unproven above championship level. Lets not kid ourselves, the step up from Champ to Prem is BIG. The step up from Crystal Palace to Manchester United is even bigger.

But he does have an awful lot of talent and consistently shows it, despite his 'after England' dip in form. For me he just needs to do things more quickly, attack at pace and get past players and get the ball in. He seems to like slowing to a stop and then doing players. All very clever and talented, but by then everyone is marked so the ball can be cleared ! But when he does it at pace its devastating and his passing has got so much better. If anyone can make him into a truly great player its Ferguson, but a long way to go. Amazing player to have in a champ team though - the sort of skill you go to football for, when he gets the ball everyone stands up.

At last a sensible assessment from a palace fan sums the situation up perfectly

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

I think that's a very fair assessment of the situation.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Finally , a reasonable summary. Sir Alex Ferguson managed to eventually stop Ronaldo doing half a dozen stepovers when only one was needed and the diving antics so if he can do the same with Zaha he'll be a superstar.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wilf was getting untold stick from the champions of Europe, and gave them the middle finger when we scored.
Be surprised if he gets a charge tbh.

Can't see the issue to be honest, if the fans are giving it they must be prepared to take it

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Zaha could be banned

Your jealousy is palpable.

The best part is that we've got Jon Williams coming through who, when he is eventually sold, will probably go for even more! All over the papers last week that City will put in an opening bid of £8m this summer :bowdown:

Swerving again. Funny that

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Leeds fans on twitter were slating others for racially abusing him.

You'll even get racial abuse from Leeds fans because you weren't born in Yorkshire :lolol:

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
So despite all the bluster and spin the fact is palace got around £10m for zaha, not 15 not 20 and not the 20+ they constantly harped on about for months, decent bit of business to help keep them afloat.

To be fair to Palace, it is a brilliant bit of business on what will become another John Bostock.

2 years tops and Winifred will be on loan at Wigan/Sunderland/Reading and from there will drop into lower league football again.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
So despite all the bluster and spin the fact is palace got around £10m for zaha, not 15 not 20 and not the 20+ they constantly harped on about for months, decent bit of business to help keep them afloat.

Are you a complete thicko? £10 million upfront + £5 million in 'very achievable' add on's (Parish's words) and a 20% sell on fee. Your sheer bitterness is staggering.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are you a complete thicko? £10 million upfront + £5 million in 'very achievable' add on's (Parish's words) and a 20% sell on fee. Your sheer bitterness is staggering.

Sorry pal but the way that fella was describing it was confusing. And how he figured 20per sell on clause = 5 million 'not so achievable' add ons is beyond me. It was commonly known it's 15 mil if all add ons net no?

Anyway, fact is it's 10mil for now eh...

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It's £10 million upfront, £5 million add on's for Premier League/Champions League appearances, England caps etc. Then say he was sold to Madrid for £40 million we would get 20% of the profit. So the likely hood of us only ever making £10 million out the deal, as the usual bitter posters are implying, is extremely remote.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It's £10 million upfront, £5 million add on's for Premier League/Champions League appearances, England caps etc. Then say he was sold to Madrid for £40 million we would get 20% of the profit. So the likely hood of us only ever making £10 million out the deal, as the usual bitter posters are implying, is extremely remote.

Me? We don't know what the add ons are exactly for starters. Also what uve put is different to the other fella making out its 20 mil in add ons.

The FACT is it's 10million at this moment. So we're told.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
He won't be banned ! As for you that criminally under rate him well, I find that baffling really. The greatest manager in British football history, who has been manager of one of the biggest clubs in the world for over a quarter of a century reckons he's worth £15m. That'll do for me I think.

Put just one man on him and you're ****ed - put 2 on and he'll still do you plenty of times.

And surely you saw him at the Amwx last season when he wasn't as good as he is now ? How many Brighton players did he go past before planting it in the bottom corner ?

Best winger in the championship by a country mile.

I completely forgot that Fergie is infallible, cannot get anything wrong. So his thoughts in Zaha must be precisely accurate, even though Zaha has played a minute of Premier league football.

On the highlights, looked as though he struggled. How's he going to cope in the top flight when there's higher attendances meaning more to abuse him....

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption

I think that is commonly referred to as the 'if my granny had balls she'd be my grandad' transfer. I'm not bitter, I wish we had a £10m loan player on our books.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here