Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Like all clubs in England the Seagulls have felt the pinch caused by Covid-19 so they are unable to dig their heels in should a huge bid come in for him.
Yes - a huge bid - not a little Sun punt type bid. F*** off The Sun ........................

Brighton have put a £40m transfer fee on Yves Bissouma.
I very much doubt Uncle Tony has shown his hand. Typical Londoncentric poor journalism bolleaux.

And a figure of £40m is one the South Coast club would find hard to reject,
I wouldn't bet your mortgage on it, sunshine. There are plenty of other ways you can bet against tony Bloom's companies - there must be; so many have tried ................. Try £50M - you may get an answer to your text.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Think we need a poll re Bissouma's selling price. He's had a great season, improved massively but still only one excellent season after all that. I can't see him going for more than £35m especially if he really wants the move.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Think we need a poll re Bissouma's selling price. He's had a great season, improved massively but still only one excellent season after all that. I can't see him going for more than £35m especially if he really wants the move.

We rejected £35m for Championship Ben White. You really think we would sell our best player, now very experienced in PL football and coveted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe for the same amount?

No way will Tony do a deal like that.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
We rejected £35m for Championship Ben White. You really think we would sell our best player, now very experienced in PL football and coveted by some of the biggest clubs in Europe for the same amount?

I've not read anywhere they went as high as £35m? £30m I have read. Biss is our POTS for sure, possibly not our best player though. Also, i think the fact that he may really want the move might have some impact. Anyway, it's all jsut opinions.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Deals like these are needed to change the perception of little ol Brighton. It's another reason Tony will hold out for a fair price. Much like he has with White and Dunk previously and see Dale Stephens in the Champ to a lesser degree.

Turning the smaller deals down doesn't get noticed as much as when we sell someone ala slab head to manure or that lot up the road selling their right back to the same club.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I've not read anywhere they went as high as £35m? £30m I have read. Biss is our POTS for sure, possibly not our best player though. Also, i think the fact that he may really want the move might have some impact. Anyway, it's all jsut opinions.
If every player did their job on the pitch like Biss does week in week out we wouldn’t be the forth worst team in the league. Imo he is out best player by a mile.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
From the BBC football site: Brighton & Hove Albion have told Liverpool and Arsenal it will take at least £40m to sign 24-year-old Mali midfielder Yves Bissouma. (Sun)

The Sun. I know. Can't be true then. Hope not 'at least £40m' unless that + ??? or Maitland-Niles

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
£40 million has come from Andy Naylor. Which has presumably come from Paul Barber via Paul Camillin. So not sure it should be dismissed quite so readily on here.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
£40 million has come from Andy Naylor. Which has presumably come from Paul Barber via Paul Camillin. So not sure it should be dismissed quite so readily on here.

The real Andy Naylor is surely just being logical here. I refuse to believe that the club has put any specific valuation on any player because that simply isn't the way they do things. They will listen to offers, talk to Bissouma if one approaches what they would consider, and take it from there. But don't believe anything you read in the national dailies. They don't know any more than we do. Maybe less, in some cases.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

FWIW Bielsa said ""The example is Leeds wanted to buy Ben White for £30m and we weren’t able to. We have to go in a careful manner and evolve the group." back in February which is the highest figure quoted publicly by anyone privy to the deal offered.
https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-transfer-rumours-white-19874722

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If its 'at least' £40m, and we ended up with some kind of £40m + adds on (taking it to £50m) + percentage of next sale type scenario then i'd probably see that a realistic/fair. With my Albion tinted specs on i'd want much much more, but a package deal that got us £50m would probably be reasonable. Anything in the £35m range would be a joke.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I see that Sheff Utd are looking at £35m for Berge. Bissouma is a much better player than Berge, I can't see Bloom settling for that low an amount. My guess is about £45m but none of us know (and we won't know even when he's been sold)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I see that Sheff Utd are looking at £35m for Berge. Bissouma is a much better player than Berge, I can't see Bloom settling for that low an amount. My guess is about £45m but none of us know (and we won't know even when he's been sold)

Also, we're selling from a position of greater strength. Berge will probably go for no more than £25m

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The real Andy Naylor is surely just being logical here. I refuse to believe that the club has put any specific valuation on any player because that simply isn't the way they do things. They will listen to offers, talk to Bissouma if one approaches what they would consider, and take it from there. But don't believe anything you read in the national dailies. They don't know any more than we do. Maybe less, in some cases.
You know a lot more than me but based on my reading of the Argus and now Athletic over the years, if Andy Naylor has published info saying a source has told him Brighton won't even start talking to clubs until £40m is on the table, then I suspect he's been told it by the club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Enquiries for White last season ‘ended’ with ‘not for sale’.

My guess is that Biss enquiries are ‘starting’ with ‘£70m and he’s yours’. If he has to go, I’d hope that several conversations are ongoing as various clubs work out how close they want to get to the figure which will guarantee a purchase.

£45m would be on the lower end of my prediction but it might be that if only one or two clubs are seriously interested, he’ll go for £20m less than Ndombele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here