Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
I think a deal might already be in place with some club or other.

Based on what? It would make no business sense whatever to dispose of a prized asset in advance of any open sale (ie the transfer window) when you could invite bids and spark what would effectively be an auction.

The only possible reason why this would happen was if there was a release clause in the player's contract that specified he could go to certain clubs if they offered a certain amount.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Anywhere near £40 million for a world class defensive midfielder and we are massively selling ourselves short.

I have heard people say this is the last year we can get a big fee for him due to the time left on his contract, well then lets get that big fee.

Next year he STILL has 1 year left on his contract and we can still sell for £40 million plus because he is as good as there is out there and clubs like Man City wont want to risk missing out and seeing him join one of their rivals the following year on a free.

This summer, i'd like to see us take a stance, much like Palace did with Zaha and say £60 - 70 million and we can start talking, because that also sets the tone for how much clubs will have to pay next year if he is still with us.

Worth remembering players like this come along once in a generation, we sold Bobby Zamora way to cheap to Spurs, before that Lawrenson was probably about the right price at the time, but all the money in the world couldn't replace him, how can you replace someone who is as good as there is?

Not with £40 bloody million thats for sure.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I'd want £50m or over for him or no deal, but i can see it happening for a £40m plus add ons type deal. That said, i hope he's still an Albion player next season.

Absolutely don't want this to happen but maybe Biss goes to Arsenal with Maitland-niles in part exchange which could then be a pre-cursor to White leaving??

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Absolutely don't want this to happen but maybe Biss goes to Arsenal with Maitland-niles in part exchange which could then be a pre-cursor to White leaving??

Although there's always lots of talk about exchange deals, I believe that they are actually incredibly rare. Want to keep Biss for another year, but if he goes, I'd like him to go to Liverpool or City as that's where I think he can achieve the most.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Could see a couple of the interested teams turn their attention to Sander Berge instead of our Biss. Some journalists & twitter people seem to think Berge has a very low release clause now Sheff have been relegated.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Although there's always lots of talk about exchange deals, I believe that they are actually incredibly rare. Want to keep Biss for another year, but if he goes, I'd like him to go to Liverpool or City as that's where I think he can achieve the most.

Yup they are very rare these days for different reasons, one being that agents and sometimes players does not want to give up getting x percent of the transfer fee.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
“A recent report has claimed that at least seven heavyweight clubs are vying for Bissouma's signature, including five from the Premier League.

From England, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Manchester City and Manchester United have all been credited with an interest.

La Liga giants Real Madrid and Ligue 1 outfit AS Monaco are also said to be eyeing a move for the 24-year-old.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ier-League-competition-Brighton-Yves-Bissouma

Hopefully we get a good bidding war.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I don't want to add fuel to the fire as some people seem desperate to sell him but one of the commentators on Bein sports casually chucked in that he'd asked to leave the club. It was a throw away line, wasn't expanded upon and wasn't mentioned again.

I'm not sure how reliable the source is...Bein also thought we were going to line up 4-4-1-1 and seemed genuinely surprised that we had a back three.

I don't want to add fuel to the fire as some people seem desperate to sell him but one of the commentators on Bein sports casually chucked in that he'd asked to leave the club. It was a throw away line, wasn't expanded upon and wasn't mentioned again.

I'm not sure how reliable the source is...Bein also thought we were going to line up 4-4-1-1 and seemed genuinely surprised that we had a back three.

Was mentioned on sky last night that he had asked to leave if a big club came in for him.....denied by the club of course.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Was mentioned on sky last night that he had asked to leave if a big club came in for him.....denied by the club of course.

That's disappointing. I was hoping it was Bein making stuff up. It might still be made up but if it's two different outlets reporting it it suggests it's coming from somewhere else. Maybe just the agent trying to smoke out interest.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
“A recent report has claimed that at least seven heavyweight clubs are vying for Bissouma's signature, including five from the Premier League.

From England, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Manchester City and Manchester United have all been credited with an interest.

La Liga giants Real Madrid and Ligue 1 outfit AS Monaco are also said to be eyeing a move for the 24-year-old.”

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ier-League-competition-Brighton-Yves-Bissouma

Hopefully we get a good bidding war.

if Maguire is worth 85 million the YB has to be worth 70 all day long......65 -70 million is a realistic price i think.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I also thought I heard the commentator say last night he'd asked to leave in the summer. Or his agent has advised him to ask...

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
We have to be realistic Biss will want to go if one of the big CL playing clubs came for him - it's his dream move. TB won't be bullied, is a shrewd businessman but will have an eye on the length of contract issue (have we offered him anything?). I suspect we will sell at £50m but only when we have his replacement lined up

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
We have to be realistic Biss will want to go if one of the big CL playing clubs came for him - it's his dream move. TB won't be bullied, is a shrewd businessman but will have an eye on the length of contract issue (have we offered him anything?). I suspect we will sell at £50m but only when we have his replacement lined up

I think Caciedo is his replacement but imagine its too early for him next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here