Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yves Bissouma SINGS on a 5 (five) year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I also thought I heard the commentator say last night he'd asked to leave in the summer. Or his agent has advised him to ask...

It's frustrating that they sometimes present gossip as facts. There is no evidence that he has done so or that any of the listed teams are interested.

That said, it would be surprising if no offers were made. I think a £35-40m bid is more than possible. I don't know how clubs are affected by the downtime of Covid though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is £90 million rated Declan Rice really 3 x more valuable/better than £30m rated Biss?- I appreciate its only in the 'Mirror' but even so...

He is English and that has a tendency to magically make players more expensive...

Dont think Biss would go for only £30m and dont think Rice would cost £90m so the difference is probably less... but Rice being more expensive is probably true.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Rice is worth slightly more because he’s English and actually does have more experience in the PL for a team currently high in the league.

50-60M is very fair for Bissouma and I suspect offers were made previously (of about 30-40M and rejected). He’d have been made promises about when he’d be allowed to move for a fair price, and at our club the agreement would be stuck to provided values/conditions etc. are met.

Rice is no better but equally probably no worse and like it or not is probably worth 70M so with no promises in place West Ham could hold out for 80-90M if they wanted.

We have Caicedo potentially for the long term who can start getting minutes and Moder who’s been prepared to step in and prove he can beat out the likes of Alzate and others for the role.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is £90 million rated Declan Rice really 3 x more valuable/better than £30m rated Biss?- I appreciate its only in the 'Mirror' but even so...

On pure footballing ability and potential they are probably quite close in value, but Rice would cost another club more because a 22-year-old England-qualified player that everyone has heard of who captains a London team will command a premium. There are still fans on Twitter who have never seen Bissouma play and only look at the league table who think £30m would be too much to pay for him. If Chelsea want Rice back, it'll cost them upwards of £65m. If Biss goes, I think we'd probably get £45m. £30m was a joke figure suggested by a Daily Star journalist who didn't know what he was talking about.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Previously I've fallen for that line of thinking, until pulled up on it by a poster who could think in a less rudimentary fashion.

If we take everything at face value.

DR's valuation being 3 times higher doesn't value DR as 3 times the player of Biss.

That valuation stems from the tiny percentage better Rice is extrapolated out into points.

So let's say Rice is 5% better.
That 5% becomes 6 points.
Those 6 points become the difference between finishing 4th and 6th.

Bosh there's your £60m difference.

Clearly with Bissouma and Rice that's a toughie, esp while wearing rosy specs.
Obviously it's a lot easier to define at either end of the pitch, as opposed to in the middle.

But Biss does have the odd moment.
I can think of a couple of 'nomansland' cover this season - incredibly tough to write considering the season he's had and the fact he can't do it all on his own.

Chances are Rice does too, I wouldn't know, but I'd assume those moments don't weigh down England international DR as much as they do Bissouma.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would very disappointed if we only got £30 million for Biss

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Previously I've fallen for that line of thinking, until pulled up on it by a poster who could think in a less rudimentary fashion.

If we take everything at face value.

DR's valuation being 3 times higher doesn't value DR as 3 times the player of Biss.

That valuation stems from the tiny percentage better Rice is extrapolated out into points.

So let's say Rice is 5% better.
That 5% becomes 6 points.
Those 6 points become the difference between finishing 4th and 6th.

Bosh there's your £60m difference.

Clearly with Bissouma and Rice that's a toughie, esp while wearing rosy specs.
Obviously it's a lot easier to define at either end of the pitch, as opposed to in the middle.

But Biss does have the odd moment.
I can think of a couple of 'nomansland' cover this season - incredibly tough to write considering the season he's had and the fact he can't do it all on his own.

Chances are Rice does too, I wouldn't know, but I'd assume those moments don't weigh down England international DR as much as they do Bissouma.

Very well reasoned.

I also think value is also a measure of how much resolve the parent club can have in retaining their player's services and keeping them happy. WHU have more to offer next season to Rice than we do to Bissouma. So the value in separating them from their parent club does reflect that.

Bloom has resisted offers from similar clubs to our stature for players, but hasn't yet had a CL club offer the world and a stick to one of our players. Will be interesting how it plays out if it happens. Didn't really happen for Dunk, and that played out with a nice big fat long contract for our captain.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very well reasoned.

As said it's not my reasoning.

I was quite happy in the 'you can fudge off if you fink player ficking X, is 3 flipping times better than my boy'.

Despite it being a good and proper education, I think it was still explained to me in a 'you're scum you f**king idiot, this is how stupid you are and how superior I am' stylee, which was unnecessary but hey that's on them, not me. :lol:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Difficult position for the club, two years left on his contract clearly gives extra value, I presume we have offered a contract extension?
If Biss isn't going to sign a new contract we have little alternative but to sell and cash in, like anything club related it's down to Mr Bloom and his investment.
For me if we are looking a selling one of our high value players it would be Biss as we have potential replacements in-house in either Moder or White.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Very well reasoned.

I also think value is also a measure of how much resolve the parent club can have in retaining their player's services and keeping them happy. WHU have more to offer next season to Rice than we do to Bissouma. So the value in separating them from their parent club does reflect that.

Bloom has resisted offers from similar clubs to our stature for players, but hasn't yet had a CL club offer the world and a stick to one of our players. Will be interesting how it plays out if it happens. Didn't really happen for Dunk, and that played out with a nice big fat long contract for our captain.

At the end of the day it's about perception. To most clubs we are still little old Brighton who've never sold anyone for more than about £10M (Knocky to Fulham, after a loan fee). That's why Leeds thought they could automatically get White for £18M (first offer - they did up it later) and why Arsenal are now thinking that we'll be very grateful to them for taking Bissouma off our hands for £30M.
That's a big barrier we've got to break through - once we sell a player for £50M plus, the other clubs will realise we're not a source of cheap deals, and treat us in the same category as the likes of Leicester, Southampton - and, dare I say it? - Palarse. If Biss was playing for any of those clubs, the Londoncentric press would be speculating on £50M moves for Biss, not £30M. Breaking through that barrier is probably long term almost as important as staying in the PL for another season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Whilst I admire The Sun stirring up the auction, you know that the article is made-up bull by reading this sort of thing:

“Brighton have already started looking at possible targets to cover Bissouma leaving, with Reading player of the year Josh Laurent one of their options”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here