Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. Silly money comes along unfortunately, just look at Wan-Bissaka & Slabhead to Man Utd.

A positive though, it won’t be rumours of Dunk leaving for big money that will occupy our minds in the transfer windows anymore, Lamptey, White & Bissouma are now more attractive to the 10 sides in the World who could afford to part Tony with a player he wants to keep.

:laugh: :bowdown:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seeing this photo:-

bissouma team.jpg.gallery.jpg

Caused me to revisit this debut article.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16444086.yves-bissouma---barefoot-football-mali-amex/

Centre back you say - Noice

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we could financially find a way of keeping this squad together and finding a top goal scorer for 2021/22 it could be such an exciting time to be an Albion fan.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I think Biss is a good fit for us, but if a bigger club crossed our palms (and his) with enough silver, then take it. We're a club in the making and I feel there is enough raw talent behind him awaiting their chance.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Biss is a good fit for us, but if a bigger club crossed our palms (and his) with enough silver, then take it. We're a club in the making and I feel there is enough raw talent behind him awaiting their chance.

At some point its going to be the case. Plenty of big clubs both in and outside England that are desperate for a player with his attributes.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I guess we need to start to thinking about what he's worth and how much we would accept.

Current prices, £40m seems fair, or even a bit cheap to be fair.

Reckon we'll demand silly money, something between £60m-£80m. He obviously isn't worth that. Doubt Liverpool would pay that either, unless they are really desperate for someone in that position.

So will probably go the same way as White, Dunk and other transfers in which we will price them out and he will stay... which I'd be very happy with to be honest.

This is like the Ben White saga.

It’s not about being “fair”. We have no obligation to give good market value. If a club comes in they have to make an offer we can’t refuse.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I like Bissouma, aside from the fact he's a talented young footballer he comes across as someone who is universally loved by his colleagues and is a 'good egg'. If we do need to sell to balance the books I'd rather sell White.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
One of our most important players in my opinion. Allows us to play a more progressive midfielder along side him (Lallana, Gross) yet without getting overrun. His athleticism is great, and so much more forward looking than a Stephens-type. We have good players behind him, but would be a huge loss, bigger than White I reckon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I can't believe how undervalued Bissouma is by Albion fans - all these bullshit 7/10 ratings after each game. The guy is better than Stephens or Propper EVER were.

All these biased commentators from the bigger clubs on Sky and BT Sport do not give him the credit he deserves - the Liverpool game last week was a case in point.

He is NOT the finished article, there IS more to come but he is one of the 3 or 4 key players for us. Molumby and Alzate aren't in his league, and if he's paired up with Moder it could be the best top flight midfield partnership we've ever seen for the Albion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe how undervalued Bissouma is by Albion fans - all these bullshit 7/10 ratings after each game. The guy is better than Stephens or Propper EVER were.

All these biased commentators from the bigger clubs on Sky and BT Sport do not give him the credit he deserves - the Liverpool game last week was a case in point.

He is NOT the finished article, there IS more to come but he is one of the 3 or 4 key players for us. Molumby and Alzate aren't in his league, and if he's paired up with Moder it could be the best top flight midfield partnership we've ever seen for the Albion.

It would appear the last part of Albion 1.1 to leave 'us' will be our small club mentally when it comes to the transfer market:-

'Man Utd are interested, so how much will we accept?'

Posters don't seem to realise Man Utd being interested is no longer a generational occurrence.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

This time last year he couldn't get in the team. He's certainly come on hugely, but I think your comments about Alzate, Molumby and Moder are all premature

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
It would appear the last part of Albion 1.1 to leave 'us' will be our small club mentally when it comes to the transfer market:-

Posters don't seem to realise Man Utd being interested is no longer a generational occurrence.
It's only relevant if our Billionaire owner decides he needs some more pocket money. I suspect he doesn't

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Its not "small club mentality", its realism. If a player in a non-top team turns into a top class player, they will sooner or later leave the team. If Bissouma keeps his development into becoming a world class player, he will move, either with the club getting a fat check or on a free transfer as very few players to this date has said "no, I dont want to earn 10x what I earn at my club, I dont want to play in the Champions League and I dont want to get a bucket of Premier League titles".

Its just how it works.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’m having a discussion on Twitter with a Liverpool fan who thinks he’d be a good signing if they could get him ‘on the cheap’. [emoji849][emoji849]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's only relevant if our Billionaire owner decides he needs some more pocket money. I suspect he doesn't

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Of course I mean from our perspective.

There does still seem some knee wobbling when 'a big clubs' is rumoured to be looking at a Lil old Albion player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports