Status
Not open for further replies.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Back to his best tonight.

Monster in the middle for us winning so many 50/50s and driving the team forward.

He could murder Stephens on Friday, he really could.

Shame about the shite clearance that led to the penalty.
Oh and getting nutmeged when the Spurs player dived.

He can’t be perfect I suppose :rolleyes:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Monster in the middle for us winning so many 50/50s and driving the team forward.

Totally agree. He’s a wonderful player for us.

Desperately needs more support in midfield though, the White experiment has to stop. Alzate surely has to come back in for Burnley. Still mystified why Potter has broken up that partnership.

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Desperately needs more support in midfield though, the White experiment has to stop. Alzate surely has to come back in for Burnley. Still mystified why Potter has broken up that partnership.

I'm also baffled. Made sense the first day when Alzate was just off the plane from Colombia and Palace just sit back and want to counter attack. White doesn't look comfortable on the ball and passing is ordinary. Alzate vastly better.

Only thing I can think of is providing extra protection for the missing Dunk. But it hasn't helped where it counted though with goals being conceded in both games from crosses.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Or he could go totally missing and be anonymous.

He's good when he's good, he can be very very good.

Still so inconsistent though and at 24 you would of thought that would not be an issue any more.

He is more often good than not though so that is improvement and positive.

Needs Alzate alongside him which is a bit baffling why that has happened the last 2. White in CM doesnt help him like the Alzate dynamic

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
We've waited for years to have a player like Bissouma. Love him.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I'm also baffled. Made sense the first day when Alzate was just off the plane from Colombia and Palace just sit back and want to counter attack. White doesn't look comfortable on the ball and passing is ordinary. Alzate vastly better.

Only thing I can think of is providing extra protection for the missing Dunk. But it hasn't helped where it counted though with goals being conceded in both games from crosses.

I'm not sure I agree with the comments on White's abilities as a CM. I think his passing is pretty good (Palace game - he played as many decisive, attacking passes as anyone). That aside thought, I expected him to play there last night because of Kane's more recent moves to drop deeper, dragging CB out and space then for Son to run into. White is better suited to battle with Kane. Arguably it worked pretty well too, with Kane and Son pretty quiet all night. Burnley game will be interesting - I could again see White staying as CM, if only because of the more physical battle you expect Burnley to throw at us. That said, GP may feel we will have the ball more, and Alzate will enable us to keep the ball from Burnley in tight areas, something he is better suited to than White. Mind you if March is injured, he might play Alzate at left wing-back!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought he had a pretty good game :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I thought he had a pretty good game :shrug:

Yeh, there is always something slightly haphazard with Yves, but the good almost always greatly outweighs the bad. He's rightly our first pick in midfield

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yeh, there is always something slightly haphazard with Yves, but the good almost always greatly outweighs the bad. He's rightly our first pick in midfield

The clearance leading to their penalty but at least he didn’t kick anyone in the face!

In all seriousness he is a solid player but needs creativity and vision around him, Alzate is made for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Was brilliant. As was Veltmen. As was Webster. As was Lamptey. As was Lallana. As was Gross. In fact, March had a decent game too... shit we did play well now I think about it!

We did, but you don't win games without an offensive threat. We play lovely football at times, but we actually created very little 6 shots, 2 on target.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
We did, but you don't win games without an offensive threat. We play lovely football at times, but we actually created very little 6 shots, 2 on target.

Our goal was a good team effort good passing need more of this . We lost because of poor defending ,that age old mistake of ball watching .Players can be coached out of it though and improve.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Our goal was a good team effort good passing need more of this . We lost because of poor defending ,that age old mistake of ball watching .Players can be coached out of it though and improve.

I agree re the defending, you can throw in lack of tracking as well by White.

However, we play beautiful passing football and created little as the stats show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

I don't know if any of you remember an excellent example of watching the man by Matt Doherty on Sunday. Solly had the ball 10 yards up from the left corner flag in the second half and played a quick ball for a one two and headed for the line. Doherty didn't wait to see whether the ball was going back to Solly or not, he just watched the man and tracked the run and made the tackle.

Excellent defending.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
I don't know if any of you remember an excellent example of watching the man by Matt Doherty on Sunday. Solly had the ball 10 yards up from the left corner flag in the second half and played a quick ball for a one two and headed for the line. Doherty didn't wait to see whether the ball was going back to Solly or not, he just watched the man and tracked the run and made the tackle.

Excellent defending.

This is the important thing with winning in the Premier League .We are not going to stop players like Salah or Kane all the time but if we do the basics right we will get more points .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here