Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You're the opposition manager - what advice for your team to disrupt Brighton?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is this thread has actually had some constructive comments so it actually seemed a fair point by Pot Noodles.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The ignore function seemed to get lost a few months back. No idea why or how it happened but there you go. I haven't put you back on ignore as winding you up has amused me greatly. One point though...it's NOODLES. Two 'o's and 1 'd'. If you're going to carry on calling me all the names under the sun, please do spell my name correctly.

NMH, RotR and Vulture. That's a "Come Dine With Me" episode I'd pay very good money to watch.

pot noddles you are a wanker

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Ignoring all the mutual and pointless insults charging around this thread and returning to the original issue:

Play them as high up the pitch as possible, be tough but fair in the tackle, close them down quickly when they have the ball (especially Bridcutt and Noone), isolate CMS, pass the ball and move quickly, skin their full backs at every available opportunity, shoot on sight, get as many balls into the box as possible, give them plenty of verbals .... and the result will come

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Valencia to 2004

Ignoring all the mutual and pointless insults charging around this thread and returning to the original issue:

Play them as high up the pitch as possible, be tough but fair in the tackle, close them down quickly when they have the ball (especially Bridcutt and Noone), isolate CMS, pass the ball and move quickly, skin their full backs at every available opportunity, shoot on sight, get as many balls into the box as possible, give them plenty of verbals .... and the result will come

Valencia.jpg

If Albion play this system (like Man United against Fulham) it will work if we pass the ball out on the flanks but if the opposition press our full-backs, this would force Ankergen to play the long-ball. But the main fault is if we lose the ball we get overrun in midfield. One winger (on the opposite side) is out of the game. It would better if he tucked into midfield and we play the lob-sided midfield that was successful earlier in the season.

PS: I don't like the midfielder (Noone or Harley) behind Macca. I would sooner he had the partner (Barnes or Paynter) who comes deep. And then the right winger can feed from the position Navarro did against Sunderland. By that time Cattermole was off the pitch though.

The other fault is the player playing behind Macca can be crowded out (which is what happened to the one-footed Dicker).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here