Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your worst film , and why ?

So many to choose from ... the Lords of the Rings bore-fests, the swollen and silly Titanic, the painfully overwrought Amistad, the structural messes that are the Pirates of the Caribbean films ... but all of these are OK compared to the profound idiocy of Starship Troopers. There really is nothing worse than a stupid film that thinks it's intelligent.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
SO many but the one that stands out in my mind was Harley Davidson and the Marlborough Man, a vehicle of Mickey Rouke and Don Johnson. The reason I remember it was that I was living with an American who though ALL films were good but even she wanted to leave after half an hour.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
For me it has to be Vanilla Sky with Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz. I went with the wife. It was sooooo tedious but I remained in my chair thinking that the wife might like it. How wrong, she hated it too.

So there were were both thinking the same, watching a pile of crap and staying to the bitter end. All it needed was a yawn and our evening could have been so different.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That Romeo and Juliet thing with Dicaprio. What a dirge of dogshit I found that to be.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
... but all of these are OK compared to the profound idiocy of Starship Troopers. There really is nothing worse than a stupid film that thinks it's intelligent.

Tad harsh on ST there I think fatbadger. Yes it is a stupid film but it knows that and is tongue in check for pretty much the whole thing, it's directed by Paul Verhoven for gawds sake who hasn't made an intelligent film in his life..

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Anything with Nicolas" starchy" cage in them.

Oooh yes, how could I forget that monumental talent! Everyone raves about the goofy gimp but aside fro Raising Arizona he always seems to me to be miscast as some sort of stud. maybe Im missing something but to me he is just a balding,big nosed no-mark.

I watched some truly dreadful shit with him in it recently where he plays a stage magician who can actually see two minutes into the future...utter, utter cack.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched some truly dreadful shit with him in it recently where he plays a stage magician who can actually see two minutes into the future...utter, utter cack.

That film is called Next.
And yes, it is complete SHIZER of the highest order, with some gaping plot-holes you could drive the QE2 through. I particularly enjoyed the fact that his talent of seeing 2 minutes into the future also enabled him to physically dodge realtime bullets.

Genius.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Air Force One
The Bone Collector

Totally jekyll the pair of 'em

Anything with Nicolas" starchy" cage in them.

Disagree here. Loved 'Con Air' and 'The Lord of War'

Good old fashioned action packed escapism

Who can forget Cage's character talking to the Federal Agent in a hangar in Con Air and being asked what he is going to do to solve a plane hijacking situation and replying, 'What do you think I am going to do? I'm going to save the f***ing day!' in a Southern drawl. Classic :thumbsup:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I know this thread is all about opinions but...

Wrong

Mostly right, although for petrolheads Gone in 60 Seconds is crackin

That'd probably get my vote too, truly awful film

I KNEW someone would defend The Butterfly Effect. I'm not wrong I'm RIGHT. The fact that you like Gone in 60 seconds tells me all I need to know.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any Steven Seagal or Jean Claude Van Damme film, they might as well have given up after one, as they are all the same, it's like Groundhog Day watching them.

Two highly rated flims that I thought were absolute tosh

Tea with Mussolini
The English Patient

Maybe if I was a girl I might have found something moving or interesting in them, but Jeez how boring were both of them?

Last edited:

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
Lot's but here's the worst

Anything with Catherine Zeta Jones (worst actress in the world)
Anything with Jason Steathem (including Lock Stock....just an excuse for violence)
All the Oceans films
All the Pirates of the Carib' movies
Anything that Ken Loach directed, normally far left wing anti British rants (wind the shakes the barley or something)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Anything with Catherine Zeta Jones (worst actress in the world)
Anything with Jason Steathem (including Lock Stock....just an excuse for violence)
All the Oceans films
All the Pirates of the Carib' movies
Anything that Ken Loach directed, normally far left wing anti British rants (wind the shakes the barley or something)

RE CZJ/Statham/Ocean/Pirates/Loach, if you hated the first film, why did you bother seeing ALL the others?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here