Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your views on the origin of the Universe

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
Look within yourselves to find the answers - reality cannot exist with you. You are God, because collectively we are all God - and so is every other living thing that has the capacity to experience. You are the reason for the laws of physics, the stars, the elements and every other law and entity that exists in our universe. You are what collapses a chaotic realm of infinite possibilities into this reality that you are experiencing right now.

Because you are consciousness, consciousness is the universe - and it has been, we have been, since the beginning of time - because time cannot exist without us.

After the last two or so years I have spent exploring my mind through psychedelics and meditation...this is pretty much what I have realised.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But then.....how was and who created God?

Socrates hypothesised( or at least Plato reckoned he did)....where do we come from? Why are we here? Where do we go when we die?

As we all have no answer to any of these, there is no point worrying about it

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
The human mind cannot contemplate the existance of nothing. Does that mean 'nothing' does not exist? Surely this is the first question.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
The divide between science & philosophy is finally being closed with quantum theory - this is how I, like so many others, are coming to understand the profound role of our consciousness.

The greatest philosophers alive today are scientists - in particular particle physicists - who have torn the universe open and taken a peek inside at the programming - and increasingly it appears as if consciousness is what shapes our reality. Exciting times - this could be known as the true age of enlightenment.

Exciting times, indeed.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
A popular theory is that "nothingness" is simply an impossibility - For example, if you broke down and cancelled all the matter, anti-matter, energy, dark energy and all the other components of the universe - you would ultimately be left with nothing. So instead it is speculated that the universe began as, and always was, an infinite realm of potentiality that only became reality once something existed to experience it.

The whole, if I think it then it becomes real theory.

Then, surly, I can make anything happen if my mind was able to. If this theory is true, the human mind would be unstopable - to the extent it could create anything and everything. even destory it If it was able.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
A popular theory is that "nothingness" is simply an impossibility - For example, if you broke down and evened out all the matter, anti-matter, energy, dark energy and all the other components of the universe - you would ultimately be left with nothing. So instead it is speculated that the universe began as, and always was, an infinite realm of potentiality that only became reality once something existed to experience it.

this is a very qabalistic notion you have written.....basically explaining AIN (nun yod aleph in hebrew).....would have been more accurate if you wrote no-thing instead of nothing.

AIN woul be here at the top, with physical matter at the bottom.

KD3-706.jpg

for me, nothing has stirred as much about the source of the universe than platonic or qabalistic emanation concepts.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Your contribution to this discussion has been noted, and has been marked as "What was the googling point in commenting".
I started to type a lucid and in depth post, relating my theories then I thought what the point, no one really cares. Most posts are a wasted effort anyway, just like yours to mine and mine in response:bla:

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
That seems to be exactly the case. Nothing seems to have slowed down human innovation and creation - the universe, our planet and all the laws of the physics seem to be fine tuned for our existence.

If the theory is true, it is unlikely people will be able to start moving objects with their minds, or turning water into wine - because we all share a reality which has very specific rules of physics - but then again, who knows what is possible if we put our minds together.

I kind of go along with this theory. We are massively underdeveloped, having only lived a few thousand lives intellectually. But, and its a big but, is it your mind 'controlling' the universe or is it my mind? Or can it be both simultaneously? Or is it possible that we live in what seems like the same universe, and may intact be the same universe, but due to the tiniest difference we are in fact in different universes/dimensions, but have crossed over?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I've got a degree in theoretical nuclear physics (seriously, I really have) and I haven't got a scoobies. Hope that helps.

Yeah. I've got a degree in the origins of the universe, philosophically-speaking, and one could debate it for eons. But as none of us was actually there at the time, we don't really, know, do we? Simplest answer I can give, comes from the Bible, believe it or not, which says that God has no beginning and He has no end. Much like the universe. It just keeps on going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here