Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your views on the origin of the Universe

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I like the idea of it being created by God.
The biggest question which has always been on my mind is WHY?
Why do we exist? Why does there have to be a universe? What are all those trillions of stars there for? Why why why?

Because otherwise there would be Nothing At All. And you wouldn't be asking these questions.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
What if the universe has always been here and our understanding of time as linear is as flawed as people thinking that the Earth is flat and that there's a place where the world starts and finishes?

Oh, yes, our understanding of time as linear is flawed. See Einstein. Theory of Relativity.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
Look within yourselves to find the answers - reality cannot exist with you. You are God, because collectively we are all God - and so is every other living thing that has the capacity to experience. You are the reason for the laws of physics, the stars, the elements and every other law and entity that exists in our universe. You are what collapses a chaotic realm of infinite possibilities into this reality that you are experiencing right now.

Because you are consciousness, consciousness is the universe - and it has been, we have been, since the beginning of time - because time cannot exist without us.

Spot on. Excellent.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The human mind cannot contemplate the existance of nothing. Does that mean 'nothing' does not exist? Surely this is the first question.

Absolutely.

Being mere humans, we like things to have a beginning, a middle, and and ending. We cannot contemplate otherwise. But that is because our own individual lives have beginnings, middles and ends. We are born, we live and we die. But the cosmos just carries on regardless of whether we, as individuals, are here or not. We are just specks, or even smaller than specks, in the entire scheme of things. We are not that important. As individuals, we are just another soul, another skin-covered package of consciousness. Our body rots, but our soul moves on. Our soul is not a physical thing and it moves from body to body, from thing to thing, perhaps being everywhere for all eternity but sectioned off, periodically, to belong to one particular body so that we understand our own lives as a segment of time. But if time was more complex than we think it is (Einstein. Relativity.), then time does not have to have a beginning, a middle and an end. Every second of time, for all time, could be the same second, or nano-second, or even-smaller-than-a-nano second. Our souls could be everywhere at once.

We could all, actually, be sharing the same soul at the same time. Sometimes, there can be a blip, where we lock on to a part of the communal soul that isn't associated with our physical body, even at a different time to our own. In this way, we can lock on to the future, the past, or someone else's mind, or be at one with our cat, dog or horse, and whisper to it. Thus, we can see and hear ghosts, UFOs, and partake in mind-reading. But, as humans, we are so basic, yet so arrogant, that we do not have the capacity to use our whole brains to access this incomprehensible part of our being, so we ignore the possibility of its existence.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
A popular theory is that "nothingness" is simply an impossibility - For example, if you broke down and evened out all the matter, anti-matter, energy, dark energy and all the other components of the universe - you would ultimately be left with nothing. So instead it is speculated that the universe began as, and always was, an infinite realm of potentiality that only became reality once something existed to experience it.

We understand "nothingness" as a void, of some sort, without phycial components. And that is incomprehensible to us. Yet "nothingness" could be full of something that is physically untouchable, and physically unexaminable by science. "Nothingness" could be a physical void, but full of all that is meta-physical and something that science cannot yet examine.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
The whole, if I think it then it becomes real theory.

Then, surly, I can make anything happen if my mind was able to. If this theory is true, the human mind would be unstopable - to the extent it could create anything and everything. even destory it If it was able.

Both the individual human mind, and the communal human meta-physical soul could well possess a great deal of power, if the arrogant little human could climb out of his own, individual and self-centred consciousness. But each human is so busy just trying to survive, that he has probably lost the ability to do that. But, it is also possible that some human minds are just too dangerous to let loose like this, so nature has curtailed the human ability to reach deep into his own mind and soul, as a utilitarian safety-valve. It is this kind of lock-down which prevents us ever knowing the answer to that age-old question. Why am I here?

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I kind of go along with this theory. We are massively underdeveloped, having only lived a few thousand lives intellectually. But, and its a big but, is it your mind 'controlling' the universe or is it my mind? Or can it be both simultaneously? Or is it possible that we live in what seems like the same universe, and may intact be the same universe, but due to the tiniest difference we are in fact in different universes/dimensions, but have crossed over?

I don't think we are so much underdeveloped, as over-developed. That is, the human spirit has gone into reverse and become self-centred and inward-looking rather than outward-looking. If we were outward-looking, we might be able to contemplate the idea of parallel universes and blips in time and place whereby we constantly lock ourselves in to our own time and place. And yet, we have all fliped over at some point or other. We have all had deja-vu. We have all experienced the idea that we have lived this bit before. It might be only 20 seconds, but we've done it before, somewhere. Was it a dream? Or did we really do that, and in some mind-boggling way due a blip in time, did we momentarily live the same bit of our lives, twice?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Look within yourselves to find the answers - reality cannot exist with you. You are God, because collectively we are all God - and so is every other living thing that has the capacity to experience. You are the reason for the laws of physics, the stars, the elements and every other law and entity that exists in our universe. You are what collapses a chaotic realm of infinite possibilities into this reality that you are experiencing right now.

Because you are consciousness, consciousness is the universe - and it has been, we have been, since the beginning of time - because time cannot exist without us.

Who do you think you are? Jean-Paul Sartre?

Dancing Sock

Dec 8, 2012
Brighton
Origins of the universe? Nobody knows, yes there was a big bang, so far, we know that, but where did it come from?

Those of a religious view, would say that it was a God that made it. But, where did God come from?

Existence its self seems to be something that has come from nothing, but where did that nothing come from in order to make the existence?

Is nothing, actually something that exists? Nothing, is something after all.

Man this sh*t is so cool though, I think about this kind of stuff all the time and I hope in my lifetime, we will find the answer to these questions which have baffled us curious humans for millenniums.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Most theories on the origin are untestable with current state of the art observations, so I think the safest (and most rational) answer is "we don't have a clue". There's a huge amount we don't know about events after the big bang, so even asking a question about what happened before or even during (i.e. t=0) the big bang seems like we're getting ahead of ourselves; some discovery in CERN might render the question obsolete.

Having said that, I don't believe something coming from nothing is a suitable explanation of events, and it usually means there's an underlying mechanism we don't yet understand, eg. if you see a cloud suddenly appear, you'd think something came from nothing unless you understood the process of condensation. So I'd take a total guess and say that there might have been something before the big bang, that for some reason contained a very dense, hot region which became the initial condition for our current universe. This would have tied in nicely with the old "big crunch" idea but that's pretty much ruled out nowadays. 2013 data is saying the universe is 13.8 bn years old, contains 25% matter that we can't see or account for, and 68% non-matter that is causing the universe to stretch apart faster and faster. So who on earth knows !

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I should be thinking about this all the time but I don't. I carry on in my own little self-centred world dealing with the minutiae of life and getting more and more insular.
Fair play to you theorists out there. I'm just too lazy to try and think it through.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I should be thinking about this all the time but I don't. I carry on in my own little self-centred world dealing with the minutiae of life and getting more and more insular.
Fair play to you theorists out there. I'm just too lazy to try and think it through.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
We understand "nothingness" as a void, of some sort, without phycial components. And that is incomprehensible to us. Yet "nothingness" could be full of something that is physically untouchable, and physically unexaminable by science. "Nothingness" could be a physical void, but full of all that is meta-physical and something that science cannot yet examine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here