Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your team to beat Luton Town

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Doubt he was 'caught' too high up, he'll have been where he was told to be.......
Indeed, my point being that when you play in a back 3, the wing-backs have to establish an intelligent partnership with the outside centre backs, and this was certainly not the case with JI and PE at Sheffield. Often they were 45 yards apart when we had the ball, and 35 yards apart when they had it. No ‘partnership’ can work if you’re that far apart at the moments of truth.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We did indeed look entirely more solid once Dunky was on, but then he’s one of the best centre-backs in the league so it’s natural. I thought Igor did fine… Webster less so. I thought he had a very poor game indeed

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Steele
Hinshelwood JPVH Dunk Igor Estupinian
Groß Gilmour
Buonanotte
Joao P Welbz

5-2-3 out of possession
3-5-2/3-4-3 in possession
I don’t think the 5-2-3 formation is going to get a lot of use to be honest! We’ll probably play a 3-7 for most of the game as we camp on the edge of their penalty area.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Agree, Igor played far too narrow, especially when we knew they were targeting this flank. Combine that with Perv failing to play in partnership with him (and getting caught far too high up) it meant that the left flank was almost permanently open.
This was a subject of discussion on one of my whatsapp groups at half time. We'd been bemoaning Webster, particularly his touch and passing which is so much worse than Dunk's and also his "defending" for the second, where he just basically tried to push Osula in to an offside position (it would have been interesting if he was offside if VAR then went to a penalty for the challenge, but the point ended up moot). However, @hans kraay fan club from another part of the away end pointed out how open we were on our left, down to Igor.

When Dunk did eventually come on it was Igor who was hoiked (though not before Webster had ended up in the book trying to win back his own mis-placed pass with a shit tackle).

For all these reasons I hope we go back to a four tomorrow - Hinsh Dunk JPvH and Estupinian.*

*caveat being if a back three allows us to score five goals again it will be justified and RDZ always thinks of the attack first and foremost.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nor did I. All I know is that we've won there once in my lifetime! We have a better record at Old Trafford and Anfield!
Ian Westlake header - think it was a dead rubber end of season game too!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No, Dunk starts - that goes without saying. (I was in hospital all day Saturday so missed the match and didn’t realise Dunk hadn’t started).

Bones79

Oct 19, 2022
Agree, Igor played far too narrow, especially when we knew they were targeting this flank. Combine that with Perv failing to play in partnership with him (and getting caught far too high up) it meant that the left flank was almost permanently open.
Just like today so far

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Not Brighton

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
Oct 12, 2022
I'm not sure if the "Team for xxxx" threads are a regular gig for someone, so apologies if I'm standing on any toes with this, but the Luton game is hurtling towards us.

So, what's your team?

Steele
Hinshelwood - van Hecke - Dunk - Estupinan
Buonanotte - Gross - Gilmour - Milner
Pedro
Welbeck

For this match? Liverpool or Manchester City.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Is it too late to say the U18s?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m not even going to tune into the inevitable defeat
Just saying, like. But winning £100k tonight because it was that predictable has soothed matters, and I still have the house.

Clear your mortgage this Saturday likewise when we play Palace. It’s really easy, just play the Albion Predictability game! 2 golden chances in one week. But hurry, this is a limited offer (hopefully!)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IMG_1568.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here