Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your team to beat Luton Town

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure if the "Team for xxxx" threads are a regular gig for someone, so apologies if I'm standing on any toes with this, but the Luton game is hurtling towards us.

So, what's your team?

Steele
Hinshelwood - van Hecke - Dunk - Estupinan
Buonanotte - Gross - Gilmour - Milner
Pedro
Welbeck

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Steele
van Hecke - Dunk - Igor
Hinshelwood - Gross - Gilmour - Estupinan
Pedro - Welbeck - Buonanotte

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Steele/Verbruggen (don't really care which).
Veltman (or Lamptey if not fit) - Van Hecke - Dunk - Estupinan
Gross - Gilmour
Hinsh - Lallana - Pedro
Ferguson/Welbeck (either or, no preference).​

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I really did not like the 3 at Sheff U. It seemed like Perv gave Igor very little protection and they just kept targeting that area. Against a mobile and physical long ball unit like LTFC, I much prefer a 4411 like you’ve suggested, with Milner back in there.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I think we have to find a space for Milner. Luton at home are nuggety and physical and there will be little space or time - conditions in which I think Milner will thrive. And out of possession, he can man mark the shit out of Barkley who makes them tick.

So the following with a fluid formation:
Big Jase
Young Hinsh
Lord Dunky
JPVH
The Perv
Young James Milner
WBG
The German God of Football
Goodnight
DatMan
JP

Bones79

Oct 19, 2022
I really did not like the 3 at Sheff U. It seemed like Perv gave Igor very little protection and they just kept targeting that area. Against a mobile and physical long ball unit like LTFC, I much prefer a 4411 like you’ve suggested, with Milner back in there.
This. Both Sheffields goals came from our left where Perv was pushing up and Igor wasn't getting over quick enough.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
No changes for me from Saturday apart from Steele in.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steele
Hinshelwood-Hecke-Dunk-Igor-Estupinan
Gross-Gilmour
Buonanotte
Welbeck-Pedro

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
To his credit Fergie was much better at Sheff. He stood up better to the physical battering when holding the ball, and his movement was better. He still needs to get a shot away. But after a dreadful run of 9 games before, that was the first time I’ve seen an uptick in him. May it continue.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It was a 2 + Webster
Igor + JPVH + Webster, if you really want to spend time and energy digging out our players. Every one of them had sloppy moments, that coughed up chances. Webster's lapses are always eye-catching, but JOVH gave the ball away plenty of times, and Igor positionally was all over the place. Pretty much every dangerous attack Sheffield United had, came from a simple ball down Igor's side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here