Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your team to beat Luton Town

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Agree, Igor played far too narrow, especially when we knew they were targeting this flank. Combine that with Perv failing to play in partnership with him (and getting caught far too high up) it meant that the left flank was almost permanently open.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Three at the back is why Barco is joining if you ask me. With him the further forward

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I am not allowed to pick a winning team because I voted that I would rather beat blades in the cup and lose this one.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think we have to find a space for Milner. Luton at home are nuggety and physical and there will be little space or time - conditions in which I think Milner will thrive. And out of possession, he can man mark the shit out of Barkley who makes them tick.

So the following with a fluid formation:
Big Jase
Young Hinsh
Lord Dunky
JPVH
The Perv
Young James Milner
WBG
The German God of Football
Goodnight
DatMan
JP
Surely you can come up with something.better than the perv 😁

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Three at the back is why Barco is joining if you ask me. With him the further forward
Nope. The 'reason' Barco is joining, is that he was a good player, available at a price that the club considered represented value - same as pretty much everyone else we sign.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree, Igor played far too narrow, especially when we knew they were targeting this flank. Combine that with Perv failing to play in partnership with him (and getting caught far too high up) it meant that the left flank was almost permanently open.
Doubt he was 'caught' too high up, he'll have been where he was told to be.......

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Nope. The 'reason' Barco is joining, is that he was a good player, available at a price that the club considered represented value - same as pretty much everyone else we sign.
Clearly that's a big part of what we do for younger players like the keeper we just signed, who maybe won't ever play for the first team

But it's ridiculous to suggest that's our only criteria. So what, you think if we planned to sign 10 players in a calendar year and the top 10 on whatever data they use happened to be all centre backs, we'd sign 10 senior centre backs?

The value you speak of only comes when they play and we can eventually look to sell on. When we're signing first first team players, we're obviously taking the position of that player and the need of the first team into account.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Thought Fergie was excellent on Sat but feel you have to start Welbeck for this one.
Yeh, I think a big part of forward player selection will be about having players who can help out at defending set pieces, which is Luton's best chance of goals.

I just wonder if we might see both of them start.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’m not even going to tune into the inevitable defeat / clinging on for a draw. It’s against a bottom 3 side, on the up too. There’s no way we’ll win this one. Absolutely no way. Palace on Sat is as much as I can take in one week.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Steele
Hinshelwood JPVH Dunk Igor Estupinian
Groß Gilmour
Buonanotte
Joao P Welbz

5-2-3 out of possession
3-5-2/3-4-3 in possession
This is the one. I think we’ll get exactly this