Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Steele
Groß-Webster-Dunk-Estupinan
Gilmour-Caicedo
March-MacAllister-Enciso
Welbeck
Subs: Mitoma, Undav, Ferguson, Sanchez, Colwill, Buonanotte, Ayari, Van Hecke, Offiah.

Can‘t see it being any other line up than that. Veltman looked distraught when he went off, hopefully he’s not too badly injured but he didn’t seem very happy. Groß slips into Veltman‘s position and Gilmour goes into Groß’s. We’ve got a good squad of subs to unleash if required.

We might see Lallana, Moder and Lamptey return to the squad at some stage, it could be this week.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
As a above but would be intrigued about resting.Solly and playing Mitoma on the right. Give them something totally different to think about.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Now wonder Roberto said he'd have sleepless nights over the United selection, a possible embarrassment of riches particularly if Ferguson is available.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Now wonder Roberto said he'd have sleepless nights over the United selection, a possible embarrassment of riches particularly if Ferguson is available.
I've dropped Undav from my team despite him scoring a brace on Saturday, seems really harsh, and put Mitoma on the bench who is absolutely shredding teams at times, that's where we are as a club right now.

I suspect knocks, niggles and fatigue will help RDZ pick through the players available. They're all really good so picking the fittest makes sense.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
As a above but would be intrigued about resting.Solly and playing Mitoma on the right. Give them something totally different to think about.
Agree with giving Solly a rest but would prefer Enciso there and Mitoma to seek retribution on Wan Bissaka! He will have studied the last game against Utd and worked out how to get the better of him this time, I hope!

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
RDZ has obviously just shown its time to rest players, so with Mac , Caicedo and Mitoma rested on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if it was March and Encisos turn now, and possibly Estupinan and/or Gross, although those two seem like proper duracell bunnies the way they keep going (and less obvious replacements in the squad).

Although It's United. Maybe Everton is a more realistic game to rest players.

medwayseagull reborn

Oct 12, 2022
Steele
Groß-Webster-Dunk-Estupinan
Gilmour-Caicedo
March-MacAllister-Enciso
Welbeck
Subs: Mitoma, Undav, Ferguson, Sanchez, Colwill, Buonanotte, Ayari, Van Hecke, Offiah.

Can‘t see it being any other line up than that. Veltman looked distraught when he went off, hopefully he’s not too badly injured but he didn’t seem very happy. Groß slips into Veltman‘s position and Gilmour goes into Groß’s. We’ve got a good squad of subs to unleash if required.

We might see Lallana, Moder and Lamptey return to the squad at some stage, it could be this week.
De Zerbi has said Lamptey and Moder unlikely to play until next season.

Auckland seagull

Aug 26, 2016
Just a thought, but could Solly fill in at right back? That would open up some mouth watering options further forward.

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Steele
Gross, Webster, Dunk, Pervis
Wee Billy, Caicedo
March, Ali Mac, Mitoma
Welbeck

With Enciso ready to terrorise them from the bench. I am willing to swap Mitoma and Enciso around

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
RDZ says deciding who to pick this week is keeping him awake at night.
""I am looking forward to working on Tuesday with the players and to decide the first XI. It will be a problem, I think I will not sleep, but it is not a problem."

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I didn’t say he wasn’t - but why would you drop Moises or Mac for no reason to put him in - he is not that good yet. I did say after the match with Wolves he has come onto a new level. I’m just saying I wouldn’t start him or give him the bulk of the minutes instead of Moises or Mac - the lads have had a break now as well as playing less minutes last Saturday. We need to keep using our best players while we still have them as well as giving the youngsters like Gilmour, Buonanotte and Enciso quality minutes.

Some folk are being a little precious about resting players - none of them need to take a 90 minute ‘rest’ unless injured.

As for subbing Enciso with March, as suggested above, Buonanotte would be better in at 7 and Enciso to sub for Mitoma. However, I would still start March.

(and I definitely would give Veltman’s hamstring a match day off)
We rushed Veltman back in and paid the penalty. I don't think we should do this again.

Realistically Gross will fill in, maybe even for the rest of the season. A bit annoying as although he's a capable full back, he's a brilliant midfielder. I'd want him up scoring goals like on Saturday.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I didn’t say he wasn’t - but why would you drop Moises or Mac for no reason to put him in - he is not that good yet.

Not just talking about Gilmour here, but I suppose for me it’s the thing that we always talk about players having to earn their place in the team and wait for their opportunity.

What is the point if when they do, and put in a great performance, they simply get dropped again? How can you keep young or fringe players motivated if there looks like there is no way for them to earn their place in the team?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It’s going to be a completely different game to Wolves the big guns will all play and need to play.
Don’t see the point of playing Colwell he’s not out player and useless against Forest. For a young player he has no recovery pace I wouldn’t sign him.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We rushed Veltman back in and paid the penalty. I don't think we should do this again.
I agree - think he was back too soon - very upsetting for him - nothing worse than a recurrent issue.

Gross is perfectly capable - but I agree re-goal scoring opportunities- we have a bench though that we could re position him at some point - it’s not unusual for him to play several positions in one match!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I agree - think he was back too soon - very upsetting for him - nothing worse than a recurrent issue.

Gross is perfectly capable - but I agree re-goal scoring opportunities- we have a bench though that we could re position him at some point - it’s not unusual for him to play several positions in one match!
Yeh, but i'm not sure who goes right back. To me Webby is the obvious choice, but i've not seen RDZ go down that path

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Not just talking about Gilmour here, but I suppose for me it’s the thing that we always talk about players having to earn their place in the team and wait for their opportunity.

What is the point if when they do, and put in a great performance, they simply get dropped again? How can you keep young or fringe players motivated if there looks like there is no way for them to earn their place in the team?
I agree with your point totally and am not suggesting Billy Boy gets dropped - I am suggesting he gets quality minutes but not necessarily start - IMO the way to integrate young players is give them more and more minutes - RDZ tends to sub around 75’ but there’s no reason imo, especially after Saturday, we couldn’t start to see that switching up now until the season’s over with Enciso, Billy, Ayari and Buonanotte (with the proviso of him having an international break) all getting increasingly more match minutes.

Edit and as @Justice said above and as I said earlier, we need the big guns out on Thursday - Man U will not roll over like Wolves and they are on a good run with the Champions League to loose.

Amazingly, last minute decision, I will be there now I’m finally out of hospital so really looking forward to a great match.🙂

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here