Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your Spotify Wrapped Top 5 Songs and Artists?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
my/our top 5 artists were

1. The Beatles (once again made it into the top 0.5% of listeners)
2. Royal Blood (saw them in the summer so was probably binging)
3. Blur (same as above)
4. Foo Fighters (prob more the mrs and son)
5. The Smiths

all my top 5 songs were from the Encanto soundtrack ffs. this was very much the year that my son discovered spotify
I'm glad it's not just me!

AstroSloth

Dec 29, 2020
markup_2023wrapped_summary-share.jpeg.png

1000012605.png

Feel like mines going to be a bit different to most. Massively got into the REALLY heavy stuff this year with Humanity's Last Breath and Lorna Shore, actually on my way to a Lorna Shore gig tonight.

Sleep Token are also absolutely incredible, so many genres mixed together.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am clearly too old for this.

I do like London Grammar and Wolf Alice but revert to Genesis, Steve Hackett and Yes !!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think this may have to be my last post on here for a while...

Screenshot 2023-11-30 164633.png

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No KYLIE this year mate?
No, she went upon the return to single life

She's been replaced by The Nolans. You wouldn't expect any less would you.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
View attachment 170492
View attachment 170493
Feel like mines going to be a bit different to most. Massively got into the REALLY heavy stuff this year with Humanity's Last Breath and Lorna Shore, actually on my way to a Lorna Shore gig tonight.

Sleep Token are also absolutely incredible, so many genres mixed together.
Bit random but Alex from the architect's sister was in my class at school and he was in my brother's class. Used to play NHL on the megadrive with him. My only claim to fame.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Heres mine. Chappaqua Wrestling are related to someone on here I believe.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-01-07-15-41-60_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-01-07-15-41-60_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg
    621.7 KB · Views: 28

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Shared from my social media. A view from the artists’ perspective. I am sure many of you do this already.

Spotify is fine for me. I’ve earned my living as a DIY performance poet and musician for 43 years: for me it's a brand new cake with brand new icing, a bonus which enables me to reach new audiences.

It's not fine for the younger generation.

When I was starting out and establishing myself, doing my Peel sessions etc in the 1980s, a substantial part of that living was selling firstly cassettes and vinyl and then the new fangled, easier to transport CDs! 🙂That remained the case for more than two decades.

That source is not there for people a third of my age trying to establish themselves on the DIY scene as I did forty years ago. Everyone can listen to their work on streaming services. CDs are over except for my generation. Vinyl (and cassettes, now coming back) are a choice for those who can afford it.

Music is cheap, or free, for those who choose to make it so.

That makes it democratic, which is good. Everyone now has access to the music they like, both as a creator and a listener. Putting stuff up on Spotify etc is easy for the former, enjoying it is for the latter. No more saving up your pocket money for weeks to buy the modern day equivalent of Electric Warrior (my first album) It’s there at the touch of a phone button.

That is great for people who simply can't afford it any other way - and long may it remain so for them. That is the upside.

But in order for there to BE a new generation of DIY music to listen to, the creators have to be able to do what we did and earn their living from it - to have the freedom to develop and grow. And the downside of the new streaming systems is that this is now very difficult.

So, if you can afford to, PLEASE support your favourite artists by buying stuff.

**Today is a good time to start because it's Bandcamp Friday. **

And please support the campaign to force the streaming services to pay young DIY musicians a fair percentage for their work.

DIY TILL I DIE!
:)

boik

Don't use Spotify, mainly listen to 6music and vinyl. Don't often listen to stuff over and over, but dig around to play stuff i havent heard foe a while. I have played the "Three Imaginary Boys" album a few times trying to get to grips with those lovely Mick Dempsey bass lines.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
62F37037-D88B-44F4-BB9A-30ECF65EA17E.jpeg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
3FC7B057-AB05-4167-BAEE-14295CAB67D4.jpeg

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
My son has UTTERLY ruined these for me, every year. Just a chaotic mess of YouTuber style music, video game soundtracks, the Harlem Shake, etc.

Wish there was an easy way to just go through a list at the end of the year and deselect the ones you don't want considered for your Wrapped.

I know you can do Private sessions etc but can't be bothered to constantly turn that on and off.
You need your own account - I’m still suffering the taco and fart songs from 2016

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You need your own account - I’m still suffering the taco and fart songs from 2016
But again - how easy is it to constantly switch between accounts? I listen to music on my way to work often, and at work. When I get home my son will make the google home play songs - how will it know what account to play from?

Then I might listen some more in the evening. If my son wakes up in the night, I'll sometimes play a couple of songs or some white noise to get him back down.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
But again - how easy is it to constantly switch between accounts? I listen to music on my way to work often, and at work. When I get home my son will make the google home play songs - how will it know what account to play from?

Then I might listen some more in the evening. If my son wakes up in the night, I'll sometimes play a couple of songs or some white noise to get him back down.
I just put a different account on the shared device and keep my account on my phone - there is nothing stopping you listening to whatever you want on the shared device - it is the recommendations you don’t want

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here