Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your most powerful acting scene of all time ?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The bit where the old man and his wife were going through his life and it showed her deteriorating and finally dying saying “ go and have a great adventure without me” or something like that

Wept buckets at UP!

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Another vote for Pacino here, but at the end of The Godfather part 3.
The silent but deafening scream between 2 mins 18 to 2 min 42, for me sums up the entire helpless agony of him knowing he has failed in his lifelong struggle to keep his family safe. Heartbreaking.

Plus it has my favourite piece of classical music accompanying it too (Cavalleria Rusticana Intermezzo)

Totally agree 100%.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Some good shouts on here, especially the Big Kahuna Burger and Jew Hunter scenes. (Never realised I was such a Tarantino fan).

One of my favourites is actually from Dr Who, when the Doctor (Christopher Eccleston) meets the Dalek. It was the first time we'd seen the Daleks since the reboot, and for someone like me who vividly remembers them from when William Hartnell first encountered them it was a brilliant re-introduction.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m not that well versed in films but the opening scene in Tarantino’s Inglourious Basterds does it for me. It’s mesmerising.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I thought Buzz & Woody were outstanding in this scene.

14.jpgToyStory3-03.jpg
toystory3.jpgtoystory3incinerator.png

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Adam Sandler - Reign Over Me.

This scene when you finally find out why his character's life has spiralled so savagely is excellent and heartbreaking.

Say what you will about Sandler but when he acts he f**king acts. If you've not seen the film, and I urge you to, this scene will be a huge spoiler so watch at your peril.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Two cliches from me. Stuff that seems to make time stop still.

I was going to vote for that True Romance scene. Far too often I think it's film that gets overlooked or forgotten about, but it is brilliant and that scene is incredible.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
The final scene in The Wicker Man, when Sergeant Howie (Edward Woodward) realises that he is the virgin sacrifice to be burnt (can't find a proper clip of this scene anywhere).

Also, the 'basement scene' in Pulp Fiction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here