Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Your most powerful acting scene of all time ?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I thought this had some of the best acting I had ever seen in it shown earlier this year on channel 4

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I was Starvling in Midsummer Nights Dream when I was 9. That was my most powerful acting scene.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I have a lot of love for this film.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Your most powerful acting scene of all time ?

I would have to say it is this. Absolutely extraordinary performance from Hanks. Amazing. Your most powerful acting scene of all time ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJMDdT24_98

Good call. As soon as I saw this thread I thought of this scene too - just extraordinary. Some good suggestions elsewhere but often good or brilliant scenes rather than amazing acting. This, however, is from a pretty good film and is a fairly standard scene but elevated by one of the most realistic and captivating performances that gives me goosebumps and a lump in the throat every time.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The end of Gallipoli as Mel Gibson races in vain to prevent his friends deaths.

“How fast can you run...?”

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Great thread and it's very hard to better the OP's original suggestion. Emma Thompson's crying turn in Love Actually is another example of how much an actor can convey without words.

Impossible to name a single favourite but I am more or less addicted to the 1972 version of Sleuth. Olivier and Caine go head to head and carry the entire film effortlessly. Olivier in particular veers from comic to farce to malevolence without so much as a blink. Lovely stuff!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The Russian roulette scene in the Deer Hunter with the brilliant Christopher Walken. One of my favourite films of all time.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
DavidinSouthampton;91136 51 said:
[video]https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=good+will+hunting+par k+scene&view=detail&mid=A33297474B881949D248A33297 474B881949D248&FORM=VIRE[/video]

Hope this works - the Good Will Hunting park scene. Robin Williams and Matt Damon.

It’s not your fault that you posted that clip David in Southampton, it’s not your fault. Only watched it again last week coincidentally, and that (“It’s not your fault”) scene in Williams’ office still has me welling up each time.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Ewan McGregor’s phone call home in The Impossible. Proper got me. I would expect ANY parent to struggle to hold back the waterworks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here