Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your message of thanks

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Who makes poster adverts? Get some of these posts 'sized' up. Fantastically inspirational.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
As a grumpy, cynical 45 year old I've been more excited by this season than any other. It even beat making the FA Cup final when I was a football crazy 12 year old.
Personally, the disappointment was overtaken by a feeling of anticipation and excitement about next season that I have never experienced.
You've all been bloody brilliant and I can't wait for next season. Thank you all. Proud to be Albion.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Thank you my Albion for making me feel part of something special this season, so special in fact that the dissapointment of not getting promoted is vastly outweighed by the collective communal spirit and togetherness this great club has generated in all of us. #together was never more apt and a brilliant strapline which underpinned our season. i think next season it will run alongside #wegoagain as we draw strength from this amazing season to push ourselves just that little bit further to reach our ultimate goal.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Wow!! What a season! Thankyou,all of you,I have been thrilled and delighted with the fantastic football,commitment and most of all the togetherness shown by you
The match Monday night will stay with me to my dying day,as a supporter of close on 50 years I have never seen such devotion to the cause,you played how a supporter such as myself dreams of playing.I hope you all stay and get the rewards you all so deserve and win us promotion.You have been awesome everything a Brighton team should be.Chris Houghton - best manager ever! Thanks for the great matches.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
If anyone - especially the players - are thinking that this season has been a failure, because we haven't gone up....then think again. For me, this has been the most wonderful season in Albion's history. I'm 53, and went to my first game at the Goldstone in 1969 at the age of 6. There have been some tremendous highs, and some desperate lows over the past 47 years. But this season has been different....it's not just the quality of football, it's something much more. This team, manager, Chairman, Board, everyone at the club, have created a magical bond between us all. A bond was there already, of course - but it has been elevated to a new level. There can be no club like ours, anywhere. Thank you, everyone at Brighton & Hove Albion, for what you have achieved this season. It can't be measured in league positions, or goals scored...it is the epitome of what football can do, if the right people, with the right attitude, care enough. Thank you.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Agree with all the previous comments. Truly wonderful season. Players did us proud. Onwards to next season.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I've got something to say on this actually. Whether the players see it or not remains to be seen but at least it's a platform and an opportunity on which I can pour my heart out on as this season has left me very, very reflective.

One of my first ever posts on NSC was how important the Albion has been in regards to the relationship between my Dad and I. I had a somewhat turbulent adolescence; losing my brother to a tragic car accident when he was 16 fuelled what would become a tense, emotional and somewhat confused household for years to come. Both my brother and my Dad were at (both) cup finals in 83. Then, four years later in 87, my Dad took me, aged six, to my first ever game at The Goldstone. It snowed, it was effing cold, and we lost 0-1. Against Derby, of all people. Yet, unbeknown to me this was the start of something really special.

Brighton & Hove Albion from the very offset was more than just a football club - it was an escape, a release, a community, no matter what the outcome of the game was. The most important part of it all was it was time spent with my Dad, and this was the only one on one time I would really get with him when I look back. Being a grumpy teenager during the final days of The Goldstone I guess I didn't really look at it that way. Like all on this forum (and at all football clubs in fact), we have witnessed many glory days and some extremely dark days with this football club. In fact, Brighton has, as we all know, had a bumpier ride than most football clubs over the course of the past 25-years or so.

However, this season is more poignant for me for several reasons. Whilst me and Dad still sit side by side when we can at every home game, his health has been hit pretty damn badly over the past 24mths. It has been another trying period for the family. As a result, I've often been sitting next to an empty seat or alongside someone I have taken purely for the ride and who has no affiliation to the club whatsoever. It's just not the same. To say my Dad has been feeling pretty low and despondent over the course of this time is an understatement.

Albion has been his life since the 50s. He played for the club at youth level and also (correct me if I'm wrong here Dad) was an apprentice groundsman at The Goldstone. The club genuinely is his life and this season has given both of us so many Kodak moments (that sounds a bit American, I'm sorry). What I mean is, I can see his face now at particular moments in the season. It is freeze-framed in my mind forever. One notable moment is Skalak's wonder goal in front of the North Stand. I can just see his face going bonkers whilst we embrace. It's the only time we come into physical contact! I don't think we have even shaken hands! But that's what I mean; the football club does something to you.

And this season, the club from top to bottom has given us so many of these moments for which I will be eternally grateful for. I know I shouldn't need a reason to but it's really given me the opportunity to reflect on the special relationship between me and Dad. It's been hard when he's not been there this season. I ended up going to the Boro beamback alone and when we scored I immediately hit the phone and called Dad and in true Brazilian commentary mode shouted "GOOOOOOOOOOAAAALLLLLL, GOAL, GOAL, GOAL, GOAL, GOAL, GOAL, GOAL".

Then against Sheff Wed in the play-offs I took a mate of mine and when we scored we of course went nuts, but I was instantly texting my Dad. It is like a reflex. If he's not there to jump on and go mental with then I need to call him! The performances, the style of play, the suspense, the passion, the sheer over riding joy felt throughout this season along with the pride from the players to the fans is something I've not quite felt before. This squad of players, for me, will go down as one of the most historic for it has reinforced a father & son relationship and provided my Dad with a much needed escape for what has been a truly dark period for him health-wise. It will be one of those squads where I'll be able to easily reel off the names of the starting lines ups when I reflect on the 2015/2016 season to my own children in 20-25 years' time.

It has made me realise that watching the club isn't the same without Dad there and that I will be forever grateful to him for introducing me to Brighton & Hove Albion all those years ago and equally as grateful to this wonderful set of players, coaching staff, and board, for providing me and Dad with so many moments that will become folklore in our family for generations to come.

Thank you, Albion. 'Together' has never been more apt this season.

I wanted to contribute to this and to bring something unique and specific to me but most of the time I just don't have the right way with words to do my thoughts and feelings justice whereas you, on a very similar subject do and have.

My dad's health hasn't been great over the last four or five years either and whilst he's retained a season ticket at the Amex he often can't come and this season it has been particularly hard for me to not have him there by my side at games. As he gets older I realise watching the Albion together has been one of my greatest pleasures in life, something both of us accept is probably going to bring more stress and anxiety than joy but nevertheless we wouldn't be anywhere else or support any other team because when we're watching the Albion together everything is right with the world. It really pains me to think of a time when he has inevitably gone when we can't do this together, and how awful that will initially feel, but that by still coming I can in someway be connected to him and hear his voice or still see his face. And when I do I will be reminded with the look of joy on both our faces when Jiri Skalak scored that absolute thunder******* of a strike against QPR how in that moment time stopped and we embraced and jumped around like loonies belying his years and making us both feel invincible, much like the team.

We often don't see eye to eye when watching the games these days, he's from an era where football was played by men and the offside rule was still simple but the one thing that keeps us aligned is our love of the Albion. It is one of my great fears in life that we don't get to watch this great team of ours in the top flight together and this year we so very nearly achieved it, it was so close we could nearly touch it and taste it. But it will happen, hopefully next year and he will still be here so that we can watch it together and bask in the collective glory of the team, the board, the manager and staff but most importantly the wider Albion family, the fans.

So thank you Tony for having the same dream as us, thank you for being able to fund that dream and thank you for bringing us all closer together.

As someone great once said football isn't a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
I'm so proud to be part of a truly unique club. In my 40 years of supporting the club there's been some fantastic highs and some terrible lows but this season has to rank as one of the very best. Never have I felt so truly part of what we are all working to achieve. From the Chairman through to the classy manager and the special squad of players, who all work for each other, we have shown time and again what a special club we are. The response to the Shoreham disaster only underlining what an integral role we now play in the local community. Everyone at the club should be proud of contributing to something so special. If we maintain the high standards we've set off the pitch I've no doubt we'll soon achieve our dreams on the pitch. I can't wait to be part of what I'm positive will be a remarkable new season #together.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I can't think of a team and boss, who deserved so much but got so little. Heartbreaking, Let's hope justice prevails and we go one better next time. Thanks to all connected to the Albion.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
More than anything, I'm gutted for you lot. Thanks for an amazing season.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
After such a season where we got little from such a productive campaign, I must say thank you to everyone, including the groundstaff, for the feeling of togetherness (especially post Shoreham) and making everyone feel so much better than last season! Thank you, danke, شِكرَن, terima kasih, merci, gracias, and here's hoping for an even better next season!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
First match in 1967, not always a regular attender but a season ticket for the last three years, I have been immeasurably proud of the club and its place in the community, its genuine support of its whole range of teams, the stadium still makes my heart skip a beat as I approach it.

But the football this season, particularly latterly and particularly on Monday in the play-off second leg was fantastic. Disappointed, yes, but in a strange way elated and excited. Bring on next season.

And a manager whose quiet dignity and calmness is so inspiring it is untrue. The humanity of the club, its manager and everyone else is inspiring. So proud to be a Brighton fan

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Thanks for an absolutely brilliant season and for caring so passionately about our club and supporters. Keep #together in 2016/17 and your (and our) reward will come.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It was my 50th season following Brighton and the best by far. Not in the results achieved - although that was impressive - or even the way we played football - although that was even more impressive - but in the way that everyone in the club came together to deliver a special experience for the fans.

I remember the promotions of the late 70s and they were special but what made this season more memorable was the rapport between the players and the fans, between the club and the town. You could hear the Albion being talked about in the streets; you see kids wearing Albion shirts playing in the park - there was a real buzz about the place. Albion use the word 'community' a lot but this season I really got a sense of what that word means.

So, thank you Tony, Chris and everyone at the club.for giving us that. I really look forward to the next season and the next chapter in our adventure together.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Not wishing to sound repetitive but thanks to Tony and the whole team from top to bottom.
I only managed to get to one game this season (QPR 4-0) but have listened to or watched on stream every game. It has been an amazing experience and I really believe we can do it next time around.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I really believe that we can do it next season thanks to the groundwork that has been put in in this and last season and for that we have to thank the chairman, board of directors, management and the players
Without Tony Bloom we wouldn't have a football team playing exciting football in an exceptional stadium - we may not have had a football club at all
The next season started at 9am on Tuesday May 17th - onward and upward #together

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here