Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your message of thanks

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Sometimes there is more to a football team then just playing football.

This season The Albion have demonstrated they are up there with the best - and quite possibly now ARE the best community centred football club in the country.

For that, all Albion fans thank you!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Professional footballers have a reputation as being overpaid prima donnas who are only in the game for the money, this group of players have restored my faith that it means so much more. To see the players enjoy and suffer the euphoria and desperation of the season in the same way as the fans goes to show just what this team and season has meant to them all, regardless of their role in the squad.

You all gave everything you could give and more besides and fought till the final kick of the final game of the season. That is all we ask for as supporters.

Thank you so much for allowing me to witness this historic season with my son, neither of us will forget it.

Mr Bloom, Mr Hughton and the management team, you have all built something special, and I look forward to the next chapter and hopefully a better outcome.

Thanks to all the players and staff. You did us all proud.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We have something special here with our club. This season has had some lows but the highs have been fantastic and will live long in the memory. The season was not a failure because we didn't go up it was a success because we were so close to going up and how the club with dealt with everything on field and off. We have the foundations in place to make next season even better.

Thank you bhafc.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Thank you for one of the most exciting, dramatic and memorable seasons. It may have ultimately ended in disappointment, but that doesn't change the fact that it was a magnificent effort to get to that position.

I have faith in Hughton, Bloom and Barber that we'll keep the core of the squad together, bring in a couple of quality additions and challenge again.

We were written off as relegation strugglers going into the start of this season. Next season we'll be seen as a major threat that nobody will fancy playing against. That's a hell of a turnaround.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Bill Shankly was wrong when he said that football is more important than life, but you - all of you - proved that football can make life more important.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Professional footballers have a reputation as being overpaid prima donnas who are only in the game for the money, this group of players have restored my faith that it means so much more. To see the players enjoy and suffer the euphoria and desperation of the season in the same way as the fans goes to show just what this team and season has meant to them all, regardless of their role in the squad.

You all gave everything you could give and more besides and fought till the final kick of the final game of the season. That is all we ask for as supporters.

Thank you so much for allowing me to witness this historic season with my son, neither of us will forget it.

Mr Bloom, Mr Hughton and the management team, you have all built something special, and I look forward to the next chapter and hopefully a better outcome.

Thanks to all the players and staff. You did us all proud.

Can I please echo this -in the jargon - 110%. Wonderful season.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
Been following The Albion since 1964, this season was undoubtedly one of the most memorable, its taken five years but now the Amex really feels like a home.
Special thanks to this team, Chris and Colin, Tony Bloom and everyone involved at The Amex.
TOGETHER !

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Dear BHA, thank you for a wonderful season. The football was great, the excitement and tension immense. However, what has set you apart this season is that, more than ever before, it feels like the club is regarded as a force for good in our community, supporting people and organisations in an uncynical, caring way, and showing respect, restraint and tact at the right times. I hope we can continue to bring in players who buy into this side of the game and understand the club's history, and also that we can give this promotion thing a good go again next season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Massively exceeded all expectations on every measure
Everyone connected with the club has been an absolute credit on and off the field
The response to Shoreham was truly magnificent, and seems to have galvanised the club and supporters and connected us all more than ever
I'm truly gutted for all those that put in so much time, work and effort (and cash) that we came so close as you all deserved it so much, but also so much confidence in the current management team and players that we'll be ready and waiting come August
Thanks so much for everything - I feel hugely privileged to have been a small part of it

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Thank you so much to everyone involved with Brighton and Hove Albion. The players,manager, coaching staff, the Chairman and CEO, I could not be prouder to be a Brighton fan then I am today. Football is not only about trophies and winning, it is about community, fight and passion, I saw that through out the season. I have to say that I though the tag "Together" was a marketing gimmick, but boy did this club prove me wrong. We will be back stronger, and behind you all the way next season.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Tremendous season.
Belief.Love.Spirit in abundance and a benchmark for even better times ahead hopefully

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thank you to everyone at Brighton and Hove Albion, from Mr Bloom and all the other directors, the management and backroom staff, the players who have given us supporters one hell of a season, all the way down to the match day staff. We are an example of how a football club should be run. What this club and the players do in the community is outstanding. Next season I will be back in my north stand seat with renewed hope of promotion. This club is something special to us supporters and long may it remain.
I am so proud that I support Brighton and Hove Albion.

Thank you once again.

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Thank you to the entire club for your reaction to the tragedy at Shoreham.

As the club continues its inevitable climb to the Premier League, as big money signings are made, as old favourites leave, as people start to see the club being run as a business, it's very easy for there to be a disconnect between the club, its fans and the wider community. Your actions and response to Shoreham were, to say the very least, commendable and showed that BHAFC is still an organisation which can have a massively positive effect on the entire community and not just those of us who support your endeavours on the pitch.

Given that the rallying cry became #together, it seems inappropriate to single any one person out but I feel David Stockdale's emotional and heartfelt response to the tragedy stood out and he became the remarkably dignified face of the club's response. That someone so new to the team and community took that role upon himself is quite remarkable.

He was the public face of the club's response but everyone deserves credit for what they gave to the community at that terrible time.

Thank you.

The football wasn't too bad either.

Up The Albion.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
What pleased me more than anything was how quickly the club managed to turn things around after the near disaster of the previous season , special praise should be given to those responsible for bringing in some truly gifted players in the transfer windows that have bolstered the squad and we can now compete with the top teams in the league , in fact we are a top team from top to bottom , use this seasons outcome in a positive way and #Together we can take the final step next season , Thankyou .:thumbsup:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
What can I say that hasn't already been said? Nothing at all but it bears repeating!

Thanks to the players, thanks to the club, thanks to my fellow fans. I've said it on my blog but this just about sums up my thoughts on this season (on the memorial day):

Whatever happens from here on out it will be that day which is remembered as our brightest moment, a moment borne of our county’s darkest, for it was that day when #Together became more than a marketing buzzword. It became a motto. The club became a community. The fans became a family. The players became brothers.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
In over 35 years of following the Albion, I can safely say that I have never been prouder. The manner in which everyone at the club has conducted themselves through the massive highs and lows both on and off the pitch has been exemplary. This club is fantastic and will get what it so richly deserves sooner rather than later. I cannot wait to get back to the UK and introduce my youngest son to the delights of Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club.

Thank you - onwards and upwards, together!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I echo the sentiments above.

It has been an utter delight to have such a wonderful group of players to support this season. Not only becuse of their skill on the pitch but also their poise and dignity off the pitch. A lot has been said about pride and togetherness this week and with good reason we are proud and we are together, we shall be again next season.

Thank you Tony, thank you Chris and thank you the players. See you in 2016/17. #togetheragain

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I love sport, especially football, and at times find the corporate involvement cynical. Because of that I've often thought that the quotes coming from club were marketing spiel, and that players were just focused on money.

This season has turned that around.

The clubs actions after the Shoreham air disaster.

The calm way Chris Hughton has handled the press, constantly referring to the "group", plus his emotive reaction when we score.

Seeing the players stand up for each other, rallying when needed and pushing themselves to the edge.

The behaviour of players like Bruno and Stockdale throughout the season, and their response at the final whistle on Monday.

Thank you Brighton and Hove Albion, for restoring my belief in the beautiful game.

#TOGETHER

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here