Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your key moment that defined the season.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The ref bottling giving a free kick on the edge of Hulls area immediately before they broke to equalise,
Crofts injury,
Greers 2nd yellow v Reading,
Not turning up v Barnsley(H)
D'urso not giving the pen v Derby(H)
Not turning up v Middlesboro(H)
The list is endless

All of these.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
These things are very personal of course and for me, I had a bit of a moment at the Yeovil game when he brought on JFC rather than CMS. At that moment I passed from the loyal to oscar camp to the undecided camp. It was notable that CMS threw his BIB at the bench and walked straight down the tunnel. Ok so we got lucky a few minutes later but consider this moment and the way we tore into Leicester when taking the attacking approach and it sums it up for me.

There are many factors to take into accounts (injuries etc..) and the fact that we simply do not have the overall quality to grace the premiership just yet or the resources to replace with enough star quality to make the jump. But even so, the overriding feeling is of a year when we did not attack enough (or with enough vitality and pace) against some pretty poor quality opposition

You moved to undecided when a tactical substitution that you didn't agree with bore fruit?

We won't win every game. Were there wholesale changes in tactics/formation/attitude for the Leicester game or did we just happen to soccer one team off the park?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The day I got turfed out of the North Stand Concourse by several twenty year old coppers and those blokes who aint bovered about footie---stewards:moo:---after playing Millwall:eek:
I managed to TALK my way out of a difficult situation:)
Never stick up for Albion fans who sing THE Millwall song for a laugh:dunce:

Haha looking back that was quite funny!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
These things are very personal of course and for me, I had a bit of a moment at the Yeovil game when he brought on JFC rather than CMS. At that moment I passed from the loyal to oscar camp to the undecided camp. It was notable that CMS threw his BIB at the bench and walked straight down the tunnel. Ok so we got lucky a few minutes later but consider

JFC for Stephens was enforced and not tactical. He didn't have any other option.CMS, like ankergren etc didn't need his bib anymore cos we'd used 3 subs by then so naturally stopped warming up.

Nb: lua lua and march (cos Orlandi not match fit) not bad tactical subs either given they won the game.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is a bit hard to do. Saturday could well turn out ok and then you could well say Stephens last min equaliser against Blackburn. Unbeaten for rest of season. Crucial window signing along with Lingard. Sends us to Wembley ... ;)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Buckley not tracking Dobbie and letting him go against Blackpool, then missing two sitters. Came on at half time and cost us the match and being in control of our own destiny. Can't believe more hasn't been made of it, he is a liability since not getting his move to Sunderland in January.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Getting a coach who hasn't a clue in charge

Do you GENUINELY believe that after all the Poyet shit, our crippling injuries and our player of the season leaving in January that a coach who has no experience in English football and has got us on the verge of the championship play offs at the first attempt has no idea?

Jimmy Grimble

I would probably say when Leonardo Ulloa scored some goal against Nottingham Forest.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Reading fans celebrating failure to reach the Play-offs.

Sums up the 6th place chase for this season, no-one wanted it.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Our 4th goal this weekend coming.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Completely turgid match at home to Middlesborough. Realised we had become the polar opposite of the team we were in the previous couple of seasons.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
About 20 minutes after the Forest game had ended.

My 4 year old boy had enjoyed watching me go bonkers around the living room. He came back into the room carrying a soft football thing we'd bought ages ago from Ikea, and asked me to play football with him so he "could be the yellow team".

Living thousands of miles from the UK I've never been able to expose him to football in the way most boys of his age are starting to be. I certainly can't take him to games, and if we're ever on TV it's normally in the wee hours of the night. So this was the first time he'd ever seen how much it means to me, and the first time we'd ever made that father/son connection over the Albion – the first time of the many many to come, that will hopefully bond us together forever, whatever life throws at us in the years ahead.

That was my defining moment.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3 defenders v 1 forward on the shortlist for Player of the Season.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
About 20 minutes after the Forest game had ended.

My 4 year old boy had enjoyed watching me go bonkers around the living room. He came back into the room carrying a soft football thing we'd bought ages ago from Ikea, and asked me to play football with him so he "could be the yellow team".

Living thousands of miles from the UK I've never been able to expose him to football in the way most boys of his age are starting to be. I certainly can't take him to games, and if we're ever on TV it's normally in the wee hours of the night. So this was the first time he'd ever seen how much it means to me, and the first time we'd ever made that father/son connection over the Albion – the first time of the many many to come, that will hopefully bond us together forever, whatever life throws at us in the years ahead.

That was my defining moment.

Beautiful sentiment. Hope he gets to the Amex one day to the team in action.

As a key moment that defined the season, I think Oscar's interpretation of the "Never say die" attitude came through on Saturday, and not for the first time this season. Yes, he could have made the CMS change earlier, but I guess he has his reasons not to. Given that we've finished in the play-offs, it can't ALL be down to luck. Yes, some of the football has been dull (thankfully I missed 'Boro at home), but Oscar has proven that he is not afraid to change things to add more of an attacking threat, and he's not afraid to bide his time, so will make changes in the dying moments. Same as Blackburn where we kept going and got a last-minute equaliser. In a similar situation, albeit slightly earlier in the game, but probably still later than some would have liked, was the Yeovil game. March (64) and Kazenga (74) came, completely changed the game, and we got two goals.

Sometimes it doesn't work, but a lot of the time it does. I read somewhere yesterday or earlier that Brighton have scored more goals in the last 15 minutes of a game this season than anyone else in the Championship, or maybe even the league. With one of the best defences in the league, and knowing that the majority of the time you are going to score goals, it's a pretty good combination. I'm sure that is partly down to the manger's temperament, too. Some say he is passionless - Saturday proved that to be wrong - but I would just say he is calm personified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here