Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your key moment that defined the season.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
The whole Poyet + players already being injured before the season even started set the tone for me.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Buckley failing to get his shot on target against Blackpool!

This. If that goal goes in on 87 mins we win 2-1 and it's happy days.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
The 1-2 loss at home to Wigan , how we failed to take something from that game i will never know , i think we played some of the best football i have seen us play yet the failure to finish the chances cost us dear by the looks of things .

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The problem with this thread is it suggests this season has been a failure. It hasn't.

No it doesn't. "Your key moment that defined the season" makes no mention of failure.

It's individual posters who have chosen to interpret it in a negative way.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No it doesn't. "Your key moment that defined the season" makes no mention of failure.

It's individual posters who have chosen to interpret it in a negative way.

True, I mean people's responses.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Ulloa's headed miss, before Hull's equaliser, at the Amex..

The ref bottling giving a free kick on the edge of Hulls area immediately before they broke to equalise,
Crofts injury,
Greers 2nd yellow v Reading,
Not turning up v Barnsley(H)
D'urso not giving the pen v Derby(H)
Not turning up v Middlesboro(H)
The list is endless

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
These things are very personal of course and for me, I had a bit of a moment at the Yeovil game when he brought on JFC rather than CMS. At that moment I passed from the loyal to oscar camp to the undecided camp. It was notable that CMS threw his BIB at the bench and walked straight down the tunnel. Ok so we got lucky a few minutes later but consider this moment and the way we tore into Leicester when taking the attacking approach and it sums it up for me.

There are many factors to take into accounts (injuries etc..) and the fact that we simply do not have the overall quality to grace the premiership just yet or the resources to replace with enough star quality to make the jump. But even so, the overriding feeling is of a year when we did not attack enough (or with enough vitality and pace) against some pretty poor quality opposition

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
Of course it isnt all over yet, but can you pick a moment in the season that in your view was the defining make or break moment?.... or just a moment you want to forget or remember?

.... For me it was when Crofts went down and thumped his fist into the turf, he was running the show up until that point of the season, we have never had that control in midfield in the games since.

how did we lose to wigan. completely mullered them - even a draw would have been unjust. i said at the time that would come back to haunt us.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Well i think we have had a wonderful season,yes with the usual ups and downs.I do wonder whatever happens during the rest of this season,is how does Garcia ,next season,increases our goals for ,whilst keeping the the against figure as low as this season.....if he can unlock that door ......!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
The day I got turfed out of the North Stand Concourse by several twenty year old coppers and those blokes who aint bovered about footie---stewards:moo:---after playing Millwall:eek:
I managed to TALK my way out of a difficult situation:)
Never stick up for Albion fans who sing THE Millwall song for a laugh:dunce:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here