Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Your funeral music

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Would anything by the Grateful Dead or Stiff Little Fingers be considered inappropriate?
My choice changes all the time, but at the moment I have me down as coming in to Go for it by SLF.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I am not having a funeral. I have made arrangements for my body to be donated to medical science, in reality it means anatomy students can practice on it. When they are done they dispose of it thus saving my wife the exorbitant cost of a funeral.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
1) Sussex by the Sea
2) The South Country (Hilaire Belloc pome)
3) People Get Ready - The Impressions

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m not having a funeral.
Not in the traditional sense.

I’ve been to maybe a dozen traditional funerals and no matter how well done (no pun intended) they were, I found every one of them to be a largely soulless affair, almost conference like.

I would like to skip directly to the ashes scattering. My loved ones to gather on Lancing Ring, scatter my ashes, a friend to read out a short letter of thanks I have written to friends and family who have made the ride enjoyable and meaningful, then off to The Bridge pub in Shoreham for a good old piss up.

If I get hit by a bus today, can someone pass this on to my kin? Cheers ✌️

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I won't be having one.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Entering: Sussex By The Sea.
No middle bit.
Coffin: Sympathy For The Devil - Stones.

My ashes will then be made into a firework and I’ll be fired out over the channel from Brighton Beach.
Wow, very well thought out. Like it.

Do not get used to it (y) 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

Jul 7, 2003
Would anything by the Grateful Dead or Stiff Little Fingers be considered inappropriate?
Many years ago I did some work with the team at Worthing Crematorium. Even back then, you would be surprised at some of the songs that were requested during the service.

I'm sure @Lenny Rider would be able to share some interesting choices that he has encountered over the years.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow, very well thought out. Like it.

Do not get used to it (y) 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
Thank you. I really do not like the idea of being buried underground. My parents were scattered at the mouth of the River Ouse in Newhaven with some of my father also in the Spree in Berlin. I think it will be fun to join them in the sea via a rocket launched off Brighton Beach.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Nick Cave - Dead man in my bed.

I've said I want my music on 'shuffle' to see what crops up. Could be hilariously inappropriate!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here