[Music] Your funeral music

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
“Can’t get out of bed” - Charlatans
“Heaven knows I’m miserable now” - Smiths
And GOSBTS obviously
My dad had GOSBTS as his outro. For some reason he was never a huge football fan but he was a Lewes/Brighton boy so it was the brass band version not a recording of the North Stand in full voice, sadly 😁

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I've always said to my family I'd like to be dropped in the ocean with concrete boots on somewhere far from land (when I'm dead first obvs). Any funeral service they might want around that is for them, not me really so I'll let them choose whatever music they associate with me and want to use.

It probably means I'll end with them choosing something from a musical I once said I liked just to be polite but actually can't stand, something misremembered in a way that'd boggle most minds as even being possible, and something awful from a camping holiday bingo club in Minehead in 1994 just because it'll bring back memories.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Would anything by the Grateful Dead or Stiff Little Fingers be considered inappropriate?
No.

Sus;pect device as the coffin enters an open fire would be a f***ing great way out ;-)

for balance, maybe start with Golden road by GD

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My Mother in Law had ‘Smoke gets in your eyes’ by the Platters as the curtains closed around the coffin.
I was the only one who found it amusing.

I don’t really care if I get a funeral or not, I’d like my body to go to medical science or used by trainee surgeons , or something. They could use any bits that are worth saving, if they want.

If I do have the traditional funeral, What a wonderful world, by Louis Armstrong ( my Dad had the same song, can’t hear it now without a lump in my throat), it sums up my view of the world, and GOSBTS, obviously.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
This is a weird one because my mum has stated she doesn't want a service & basically just want's the wake. I was the one that said 'yay good plan' straight away & have told my kids I want the same. I'm beginning to think I don't like my Mum's plan anymore & probably will say to my kids it's up to them. I only want one song but I can't actually put it as it's very unusual & I think the kids lurk here! They know it though! I make such valuable contributions to threads! :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
200.gif

dont give up kate bush GIF

Purple Rain Movie GIF by Bounce

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Intro - Mad World (tears for fears)
Middle - Let's Dance (Bowie)
Exit - Always look on the bright side of life (Monty Python)

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
Strangely, despite only being in my 50’s, I’ve just started a notepad file of possibilities. There’s only 1 entry so far. I’d like the songs to be upbeat and I’m fcuk’d if I pass in the summer months!

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
When Automatic For The People was first released, I read a review that said Try Not To Breathe would be a great song to play at a funeral. Always been one of my favourite REM songs, and sort of makes sense.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The plan was always Pantomime Horse by Suede.
But no one will know it so it could be a bit shit.
Might go for a crowd favourite like Live Forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here