Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your first England match

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
How can you have? surely the first WCQ game was the end of 96? first game being in 97?

That's a good point actually. I think my long term memory has taken a kicking since then.
I definitely went to the Euro 2000 qualifiers (but not Italy because we couldn't get tickets) because it was my christmas present, I'll have to look at the fixtures to work out which year.

Thinking about it cameroon probably wasn't the first, I think Poland in that qualifying campaign was. Shearer scored from outside the box?? I was at a Moldova game just after princess Di snuffed it, Gazza scored, loads of the crowd stayed for ages afterwards and bizarrely everyone was singing along to Champagne Supernova because it was playing over the speakers, great moment! :lolol:

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I'm told that the first time I watched England on TV was the World Cup final but being only 6 months old at the time its hard to remember.

First England game I attended was the World Cup qualifier in Luxembourg in 1977. Can't remember much about the game but always remember the match programme listed Peter Ward as playing for Brighton City!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
First match I remember watching on the television was England vs Croatia, Euro 2004 though I do remember guys at my primary school talking about England vs Brazil two years previously. First match I actually attended was against San Marino in October 2012, we won 5-0, Rooney and Welbeck got two and the Ox scored his first international goal.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
First match I remember watching on the television was England vs Croatia, Euro 2004 though I do remember guys at my primary school talking about England vs Brazil two years previously. First match I actually attended was against San Marino in October 2012, we won 5-0, Rooney and Welbeck got two and the Ox scored his first international goal.

edit ignore me. was drunk

Mar 13, 2012
England Spain in Euro 96 - bought the tickets a few days before by queuing up at Wembley as was in the area. Spain battered Engalnd all game - Behind the goal that Pearce smashed his penalty in - Fantastic day - Prior to that England 'B' played a game at the Goldstone in 89 or 90 against Italy

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
On television: England 1-2 Argentina in the quarter-finals of the '86 World Cup.

Live: England 0-0 Holland in a friendly at Villa Park in February 2005.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here