Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your First BHAFC game

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Have a look through ALL of this thread. Lots of 60's first games, lots of 90's, few less 80's and VERY Few 70's like me.

Is this because the people whose first game was maybe '75 with their dad when they were maybe 9 or 10 years old went on into the 80's to see the glory days? Now they find turning up at Shitedean a total anti-climax?

I know I feel a little like this but I really believe that a whole new/returning generation will be at Falmer.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Albion 0 Everton 0, April/May 1980.

Last home game if not last actual game of the season, I don't think there was much on it, and nothing much happened. But it was great.

Bugs Hill

Jan 13, 2004
attachment.php

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Courtesy of an Everton website:-

Brighton 0 - 0 Everton
Goldstone Ground
Saturday 3 May 1980
1979-80 - Football League Division 1

(Managers)
A Mullery G Lee

G Moseley G Wood
J Gregory J Gidman
G Williams J Bailey
(P Sayer)
B Horton B Wright
S Foster M Lyons
P Suddaby T Ross
N McNab P Eastoe
P Ward G Stanley
R Clarke B Latchford (G Sharp)
M Lawrenson A Hartford
G Ryan J McBride

For some reason, I always thought we lost 0-1 with Latchford scoring (I was only 9). What a pleasant surprise!

holy shit same as me and I was 8. Brighton did score but it was offside o-o

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Would love to pretend I knew more but all I can say is early season 1967 ... Don't know who we played but do remember having some fizzy cherry something or other, how girlie is that!

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Officially, Play Off final v Notts County in 1991 although I'm sure I went to the Goldston before then.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Home v Norwich City, October(?) 1979. Lost 1-3. It was the first game that season that Peter Ward missed (through injury I believe).

Coca-Cola Kid

Feb 9, 2010
The final game at Goldstone, enough said...

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Have a look through ALL of this thread. Lots of 60's first games, lots of 90's, few less 80's and VERY Few 70's like me.

Is this because the people whose first game was maybe '75 with their dad when they were maybe 9 or 10 years old went on into the 80's to see the glory days? Now they find turning up at Shitedean a total anti-climax?

I know I feel a little like this but I really believe that a whole new/returning generation will be at Falmer.

Another 70's here.
1977 Home v Stoke City
2-1
Eric Potts x 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here